Custom Games Deathless

Hello all,

I like to host Socials a lot in the custom games and something I’ve seen others do is make themselves deathless. How do I do this for just me to be deathless but not others?

thanks in advance

This would be through the use of scriptable powerups. You’ll notice that all socials are an edited mini-game mode as opposed to slayer

yes of corse

Could you be more specific in your instructions? I have zero experience in scripting.

> 2535419587072178;4:
> Could you be more specific in your instructions? I have zero experience in scripting.

You will need to have an interaction trigger with the target as activator on a powerup (or button)
the action should be Traits: Apply and select the channel that will contain your trait with deathless (defaults to alpha)

I believe that should be it for the scripting.
You just need to make a mini-game mode with the player trait channel (alpha/bravo/charlie/delta) that you chose with the deathless option on and the global player traits with deathless off.

> 2533274888753908;5:
> > 2535419587072178;4:
> > Could you be more specific in your instructions? I have zero experience in scripting.
>
> You will need to have an interaction trigger with the target as activator on a powerup (or button)
> the action should be Traits: Apply and select the channel that will contain your trait with deathless (defaults to alpha)
>
> I believe that should be it for the scripting.
> You just need to make a mini-game mode with the player trait channel (alpha/bravo/charlie/delta) that you chose with the deathless option on and the global player traits with deathless off.

Okay, I made the power up following your instructions and placed it on my map, however I’m struggling with the custom game mode. How do I make one? The thread I found on this site was confusing and not very helpful. Any assistance is appreciated.

> 2535419587072178;6:
> > 2533274888753908;5:
> > > 2535419587072178;4:
> > > Could you be more specific in your instructions? I have zero experience in scripting.
> >
> > You will need to have an interaction trigger with the target as activator on a powerup (or button)
> > the action should be Traits: Apply and select the channel that will contain your trait with deathless (defaults to alpha)
> >
> > I believe that should be it for the scripting.
> > You just need to make a mini-game mode with the player trait channel (alpha/bravo/charlie/delta) that you chose with the deathless option on and the global player traits with deathless off.
>
> Okay, I made the power up following your instructions and placed it on my map, however I’m struggling with the custom game mode. How do I make one? The thread I found on this site was confusing and not very helpful. Any assistance is appreciated.

Under 343 Industries in game modes, there’s a mode called ‘Mini Game’

You use Mini Game as the mode, and, in game mode options, there will be player traits and player trait configurations.
In the trait configurations for channels like alpha, bravo, charlie, delta, you need to change the deathless trait in the configuration matching the channel you set in the script earlier.

Now there seems to be an issue with the power up and it’s not working so I’ll just walk through what I did. I first opened up the social map in forge. I then spawned a generic, scriptable power up. I added a script and selected “spawned” for when. I added an Action and selected Trait: Apply and kept it as alpha. I then placed the power up in a hidden location. Next, I started a custom game using the map and I made a mini-game with all of my time and kill number preferences and made the alpha player deathless. So I start the game and I die from throwing 2 grenades at the ground in front of me, so I’m not deathless. I also tried activating the power up and it still didn’t work. What am I doing wrong here? I think it’s something to do with the interaction trigger part you talked about. Thanks for the help, by the way, and sorry for my lack of knowledge in this field.