Custom games 16 players max; Forge news next week

Confirmed by Josh Holmes.

Bonus: Frankie reqs a lemon.

Don’t be disappointed that something is the same as previous Halos. Isn’t that what most of you want anyways? :wink:

But I’m excited for the Forge news!

Well that’s a heart breaker :\

The forge news is exciting though, I can’t wait to hear about what huge improvements they’ve made!

That’s disappointing.

Especially since we are looking at games like Battlefield which can hold more people since the Xbox 360 days.

Come on at least give us 24 players at the very least.

I was never expecting customs to have more than 16. I thought it was obvious that was warzone only.

> 2533274825410891;4:
> That’s disappointing.
>
> Especially since we are looking at games like Battlefield which can hold more people since the Xbox 360 days.
>
> Come on at least give us 24 players at the very least.

I think we should have at least a 20 player cap for Custom Games. Like you said, it is next gen.

That’s a buzzkill. Forge needs to be the bomb then, this is next-gen. 24 is a very manageable number of players, and I’ve been hoping for a cap increase since 3, but it’s whatever I guess…

I think if a lot of people request the cap to be at least 24 they may change it sometime after release. I don’t see why it shouldn’t be 24 instead of 16. Also on the battlefield comment there was a game that was ps3 exclusive (sadly) forgot the name but it was able to handle over 100 players in one match. It was a faction vs faction vs faction game very fun.

As for forge I can’t wait to see what they will show or tell but like always im keeping my expectations low.

I’ve expected it to be 16 players, and yay finally forge news! I hope it’s early next week rather than late next week.

Wow so ONLY Warzone is 24 players max, did they even try to implement this to other modes at all? So much for getting more friends or people for custom games. I shouldn’t be suprised why would I think that they could possibly manage to put more than 16 players.

> 2533274832335336;7:
> That’s a buzzkill. Forge needs to be the bomb then, this is next-gen. 24 is a very manageable number of players, and I’ve been hoping for a cap increase since 3, but it’s whatever I guess…

That’s where the 60fps comes in. I’m not exactly sure what you were expecint, but Tim Longo mentioned in an interview recently that going to 60fps made making the game 4x harder than it would of. sacrifices had to be made, if the player count had to be static to what it’s normally at, then fine, lets them focus on other aspects of the game.

I knew it’d be sixteen again, as nice as twenty four would be I knew it’d be sixteen again.

Damn Frankie. Well played. But damn…

Did people really expect it to be 24 players? And didn’t they already said it was 16 players cap on non-warzone anyways?

> 2533274809220485;14:
> Did people really expect it to be 24 players? And didn’t they already said it was 16 players cap on non-warzone anyways?

Clearly some. Because reasons. And next gen.
I dont know why people expected it just because of that honestly, Halo 3 made no large improvements over Halo 2 regarding player count despite being ‘next-gen’ at the time.

> 2533274848599184;13:
> Damn Frankie. Well played.

He sure dropped the mic on that one.

> 2533274825410891;4:
> That’s disappointing.
>
> Especially since we are looking at games like Battlefield which can hold more people since the Xbox 360 days.
>
> Come on at least give us 24 players at the very least.

I’ll admit that I’ve never played a Battlefield game but after watching a few videos of gameplay on the Xbox One side by side with one of Green Skulls new Raid on Apex 7 videos (same resolution for both games) it seems a bit obvious why Battlefield, whose main attraction is huge battles, can support 32 players and Halo only half of that. The game just looks so damn… bland. Muddy, grey colored blocks of varying size everywhere on grey, muddy ground being ran over by players in grey uniforms with grey guns while being shot at by grey helicopters in front of a grey, muddy sky box (Ya, I’m being a bit mischievous here but you get the idea). Player interaction is minimal, you get shot at with a grey bullet you can’t see and slump over to die. Vehicle combat is there, slow hulking bullet spewing machines. Battle doesn’t look hectic at all, it’s just a bunch of people slumping over after getting shot one by one around corners. A lot of people prefer to camp it seems.

Lets compare that to Halo 5, Warzone specifically. Luscious, vibrant colors on the map, skybox, death-screen/menus, vehicles, players, weapons, explosions and even the projectiles that come out of anything that can shoot. Buildings are are sleek and high tech, foliage is abundant and pops out. Players are constantly going head to head, smacking the -Yoink- out of each other with their fists, weapons and occasional gungoose while watching their team mates go flying across the map because of explosions caused by any number of colorful explosives. Its not uncommon for a huge fight to take place in the middle of the map and keep going for minutes while you scramble around from cover to open and back trying to take advantage of any opportunity the enemy gives you, this isn’t about who gets the first shot but who can out smart the enemy. Sometimes out smarting the enemy requires calling in the heavy vehicles and before long that huge fight suddenly involves 2 wraiths, a scorpion, banshees and phaetons. Don’t forget the occasional interruption by the likes of the Eternal Warden popping in to whoop everyone’s -Yoink-. All this happening at once on a beautiful environment doesn’t come at a cheap price and that’s why 16 players is the max.

It should be noted that since Battlefields main attraction is the big battlefields with tons of players, it’s designed around it and sacrifices are made to allow it to work smoothly. Halo isn’t designed around large numbers of players, instead it focuses on hectic, balanced and fast paced team shooting action with vehicle mayhem thrown in.

> 2533274799135257;15:
> > 2533274809220485;14:
> > Did people really expect it to be 24 players? And didn’t they already said it was 16 players cap on non-warzone anyways?
>
>
> Clearly some. Because reasons. And next gen.
> I dont know why people expected it just because of that honestly, Halo 3 made no large improvements over Halo 2 regarding player count despite being ‘next-gen’ at the time.

I also feel like some people somehow expect halo 5 to not be… like halo… Some comments I see…
And you know what puzzles me? Seeing comments saying that halo 5 is the same thing again, then a bit after, seeing another comment that halo 5 is too different and not classic enough. It’s like, whaaaaaaaat.
Anyways, back on topic.
FORGE YAY! Yesterday I worked on a forge map. linky picy And it did look nice but I was low on terrain pieces. You can make some really nice looking stuff using the terrain and rocks so I hope they push it further in halo 5.

Drama bomb, and it’s not upsetting at all that it’s not 24 count

> 2533274803896054;17:
> > 2533274825410891;4:
> > That’s disappointing.
> >
> > Especially since we are looking at games like Battlefield which can hold more people since the Xbox 360 days.
> >
> > Come on at least give us 24 players at the very least.
>
>
> I’ll admit that I’ve never played a Battlefield game but after watching a few videos of gameplay on the Xbox One side by side with one of Green Skulls new Raid on Apex 7 videos (same resolution for both games) it seems a bit obvious why Battlefield, whose main attraction is huge battles, can support 32 players and Halo only half of that.

Actually, BF4/BFH are 720p on XBO. Halo 5’s dynamic resolution goes anywhere from 810p to 1080p. So Halo 5 is technically running a higher res.

Also, BF can handle 64 players, not just 32.