Custom Game Problems

Hey Guys. I am here to discuss my personal issues with the Halo 4 Custom Games. As a Halo fan (like most of you here)I was excited for the new forge and forge environments that you could build on and play custom games on. But Was kinda mad to find out that 343 has removed some of the best features of Customizable Game types. Here is a list of those features:

• Removed Assault,VIP, and Race.
  • Cant change Infected weapons and appearance in Flood.
  • Cant disable sprint.
  • No Custom Powerups.

What I am saying is that I would ABSOLUTLY LOVE to see these return. Please 343. Bring these back.

Me and my friend are trying to recreate lava pit from Halo 3.
But we found out that there’s now way to make players be invulnerable to everything except splatters and beat downs.
These little options that have been removed mess up past gametypes.

This is the exact same thing that has me furious with 343.

Custom Games were the heart and soul of Halo. Halo 3 was a major success because of its vast capabilities for players to customize gametypes and maps. Yet here in Halo 4 it’s like 343 just flopped the custom games options and didnt give 2 blargs about it.

I have over 3000 Custom Games under my belt from Halo 3. 3000!

Custom games is what a majority of the community spent their time playing. It’s what was fun, and is what made Halo, Halo. It is the reason Halo was so great, and is what set it apart from the rest of the first-person shooters.

Yet here 343 creates Halo 4 like a Call of Duty knock-off and its a repulsive abomination to all the hard work and dedication that Bungie put into the Halo franchise and community.

343 had the chance to set a new bar for Halo as a whole, and they simply lost it the instant they decided Custom Games wasn’t important.

Learn it, and learn it fast 343. Custom Games are what MADE Halo.
Give us tools and capabilities to edit maps and gametypes so WE THE PLAYERS can make the game and make it great just like we did in Halo 3.
This is the direction you want to go 343 if you ever hope to see Halo become a success again. I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved came out in 2001. I’ve known halo since it’s birth, and i understand what players want.

My only question is,… Do you?

> This is the exact same thing that has me furious with 343.
>
> Custom Games were the heart and soul of Halo. Halo 3 was a major success because of its vast capabilities for players to customize gametypes and maps. Yet here in Halo 4 it’s like 343 just flopped the custom games options and didnt give 2 blargs about it.
>
> I have over 3000 Custom Games under my belt from Halo 3. 3000!
>
> Custom games is what a majority of the community spent their time playing. It’s what was fun, and is what made Halo, Halo. It is the reason Halo was so great, and is what set it apart from the rest of the first-person shooters.
>
> Yet here 343 creates Halo 4 like a Call of Duty knock-off and its a repulsive abomination to all the hard work and dedication that Bungie put into the Halo franchise.
>
> 343 had the chance to set a new bar for the Halo franchise as a whole, and they simply lost it the instant they decided Custom Games wasn’t important.
>
> Learn it, and learn it fast 343. Custom Games are what MADE Halo.
> <strong>Give us tools and capabilities to edit maps and gametypes so WE THE PLAYERS can make the game and make it great just like we did in Halo 3.</strong>
> This is the direction you want to go 343 if you ever hope to see Halo become a success again. I’ve been playing Halo since Halo: Combat Evolved came out in 2001. I’ve known halo since it’s birth, and i understand what players want.
> My only question is,… Do you?
[/quote]
Hey man Well Said and i am with you. Ive been with halo since the beginning.