Custom game options- MISSING A LOT

Are they aware that custom game options are missing more than even halo 4 was? You cant even give yourself no gun in the second slot… or a random gun. Thats how bad it is.
Halo reach custom games, you could change everything… even things you didnt even know about deep within the game. If this doesn’t get fixed… then this game will die just like halo 4 did. Halo is all about custom games.
And what about downloading the MAP OF THE WEEK or MONTH like we used to from halo reach? You go in the game, and it shows trending maps, screenshots, and gametypes… What even happened to that??? Smh…

I’m sure that many of these things will be added in the forge update.

> 2533274873630868;2:
> I’m sure that many of these things will be added in the forge update.

I’m still not sure why people think everything we’re missing is coming with the Forge update. Forge is independent of these options.

“Coming at a later date” basically the response 343i has to all the missing content

I like how most of the options are to turn the spartan disabilities off and make this game actually play like halo again

> 2684064956505966;5:
> I like how most of the options are to turn the spartan disabilities off and make this game actually play like halo again

I like that we at least have that.

And I know 343i cant mess up so bad as to not add everything that custom games need.

> 2533274873630868;6:
> > 2684064956505966;5:
> > I like how most of the options are to turn the spartan disabilities off and make this game actually play like halo again
>
>
> I like that we at least have that.
>
> And I know 343i cant mess up so bad as to not add everything that custom games need.

You underestimate 343’s ability to mess up friend

> 2533274891443725;1:
> Are they aware that custom game options are missing more than even halo 4 was? You cant even give yourself no gun in the second slot.

Set the Primary Weapon and Secondary Weapon to the same gun.

I agree that it’s sloppy, but I’m not really surprised. Ever since Halo 4, it’s been obvious that 343i just hacks their content into existence with devtools, rather than building it with the same menus that we’re stuck with. There are tons of vital options that have been hidden from the menus for no reason yet are configured in 343i content, and there are even a few examples in Halo 5 (Infinite Ammo in Swat; Vehicle Use in BTB CTF).

> 2533274891443725;1:
> And what about downloading the MAP OF THE WEEK or MONTH like we used to from halo reach? You go in the game, and it shows trending maps, screenshots, and gametypes… What even happened to that??? Smh…

I’m not aware of any official statement on the matter, but some people have spotted a FIle Browser option in some of the videos for Forge.

> 2684064956505966;7:
> You underestimate 343’s ability to mess up friend

Please try to stay constructive. Custom Games are a vitally important topic of discussion, and I don’t want to see that discussion derailed or slathered in bold red text. :\

> 2533274796819040;4:
> “Coming at a later date” basically the response 343i has to all the missing content

Remember when they said that Halo 4’s Theater would support campaign post-launch? Still waiting…

i agree, we at least need random or no-weapon and the abliity to remove smart-scope, jeez , that thing make you lunger farther with the sword. it give a HUGE advantage to ppl playing with the deffault control in sword battle mode.

where the ability to being invulnerable? so can do the mode where only assassination give kills.

the custom game are the reason we keep playing halo for the 3 next years after its release. we NEED more option.

> 2533274883240607;11:
> where the ability to being invulnerable? so can do the mode where only assassination give kills.

Doesn’t the “Deathless” option do that? It should be the same as the “Damage Resistance = Invulnerable” option in past games. Turn it on and see if it does what you want.

I’ve been researching the new Custom Game setup and cataloging all of the features, missing features, and bugs; however, my XBL Gold ran out, so I can’t test this one for you.

> 2533274883240607;11:
> the custom game are the reason we keep playing halo for the 3 next years after its release. we NEED more option.

Agreed. It’s extremely concerning that they launched this game without any notable amount of Custom Games, and I haven’t seen any statements to suggest that they regret it. :frowning:

> 2533274843742113;12:
> > 2533274883240607;11:
> > where the ability to being invulnerable? so can do the mode where only assassination give kills.
>
>
> Doesn’t the “Deathless” option do that? It should be the same as the “Damage Resistance = Invulnerable” option in past games. Turn it on and see if it does what you want.
>
> I’ve been researching the new Custom Game setup and cataloging all of the features, missing features, and bugs; however, my XBL Gold ran out, so I can’t test this one for you.

Hey, it’s DavidJCobb!! you probably don’t remember me, but we did some forge work together back in Halo Reach, how’s it going??

Anyway as an attempt to make this comment relevant to the intended discussion, I really hope they try to bring in as many of the custom options previously available as they can. I would really appreciate being able to remake my old hot potato gametype, it was pretty much oddball where everyone was invulnerable until they had the ball, and with automatic ball pickup turned on. Probably a bit of a stretch, but would be nice!!