Custom Contrller Configuration

instead of having defult, boxer, southpaw ect. we should be able to choose what should be best for our movements. maby A could be nades Y could be melee who knows it should be up to us on how our controller are configurated u feel me

Gack. I am tempted to say something, but it would probably be removed by the Admins.

Anyhow, yes, I always wanted to set my own controller configurations. Would be nice and easy to add-in.

> instead of having defult, boxer, southpaw ect. we should be able to choose what should be best for our movements. maby A could be nades Y could be melee who knows it should be up to us on how our controller are configurated u feel me

yep. 100% changeable buttons, please.

if i want down on the D pad to throw a grenade, then LET ME DO IT.

Agreed, it’s 2011 but games the configuration options are living in 2002

Definitely.

> Gack. I am tempted to say something, but it would probably be removed by the Admins.
>
> Anyhow, yes, I always wanted to set my own controller configurations. Would be nice and easy to add-in.

I suppose it would be nice

As long as they have Bumper Jumper, I’m fine.

> As long as they have Bumper Jumper, I’m fine.

you need bumper jumper when you can choose how you want it silly goose lol!

Button mapping is a feature that should be present in every single game. There is not excuse for its absence. For those that have grown accustomed to default layouts, they should retain those button configurations in a list where you can also save layouts that you create.

When ever i start to play a shooter i always change the button layout to mimic Halo 1-3 because that’s what i grew up playing w/, but as i started w/ COD i noticed that i liked holding down the left trigger for the zoom in option & this would be awesome w/ mid-range weapons to me also. Yet the sniper weapons would suck because of the 2xs zoom in option so therefore this would not work out, but im just fine w/the zoom being RS like always.

My button layout for Halo 4:
Non-inverted
A-Jump
B-Melee
X-Armor Ability
Y-Change weapons(Or drop left weapon if dual wield)
LB-Reload left weapon or exchange(if dual wield)
LT-Fire left weapon(if dual wield) Throw grenades
LS-Crouch
RB-Reload/Activate object
RT-Fire Primary
RS-Zoom
D-Pad:
Up-Equipment
Down-Change grenade
Left-Night Vision
Right-Weapon Light

I like this idea a lot! I get very tired of applying too much pressure to the right thumb stick and popping into scope mode at in opportune times. It is a real pet peeve of mine.

While were at control customization. Could I make a suggestion that we should be able to adjust different sensitivities for each direction of the four directions of the analogue stick. This would really help people with controllers that have slow turn.

For people who don’t know, slow turn means that your analogue stick turns less into one direction than another. This can be very annoying especially in FPS games.

But anyway, the option would help many people as the slow turn is very common, most Xbox controllers have at least a small amount to some direction. I’d be really thankful to see this feature in Halo 4. There would of course be general sensitivity option for people who don’t feel like starting to mess around with the directions.

P.S. Fully customizable controls would be awesome.