Cusomizable aiming, THANK YOU!

From today’s sneak peek:

> One thing that has become clear in absorbing all your feedback is that Halo players want choice when it comes to controls. And with that in mind, we are also working on another little pet project that will allow even more precise tuning. This update will offer more custom fine-tuned control over controller settings (hint: independent vertical/horizontal sensitivities, the ability to calibrate your own dead zones, more granularity in sensitivity, and more). We hope to have that out for you in December and we will follow up with more details later.

THANK YOU. <3

Indeed. Looking forward to learning more about how it works.

This’ll be pretty nifty.

Not sure I like it, a lot of players will be able to find a sweet spot that gives them an edge. I however have always played FPS games with 100% default controls and sensitivity. Different control layouts is one thing, but I can see this becoming a problem.

> 2533274831364893;4:
> Not sure I like it, a lot of players will be able to find a sweet spot that gives them an edge. I however have always played FPS games with 100% default controls and sensitivity. Different control layouts is one thing, but I can see this becoming a problem.

I hope you are trolling. :neutral_face:

December? -Yoink- that, by then a lot of people will have left already. Why does 343I Always need a month or longer with their fixes? Should have been out in half that time to be honest.

> 2533274831669135;6:
> December? -Yoink- that, by then a lot of people will have left already. Why does 343I Always need a month or longer with their fixes? Should have been out in half that time to be honest.

They’re addressing fully the issues people have had and giving them exactly what they asked for, I’d say this positive far outweighs the slight negative of waiting a little while to get it. Unless you have an inside scoop that suggests they’re sitting on their -Yoinks!- not releasing the patch as fast as they could, you’re saying they should do it in half the time based on pure speculation. Considering it’s not long after launch and they have a whole host of things to work on just now, I think it’s unfair to complain about the time to implement the changes.

Also note, the absolutely absurd uproar about how “horrible” the aiming was is almost nonexistent. Those of you who made a thread or just flooded the forums with your nonsense need to apologize. You either had a crappy controller or you suffered from the placebo effect. Now man up and admit that.

> 2533274831364893;4:
> Not sure I like it, a lot of players will be able to find a sweet spot that gives them an edge. I however have always played FPS games with 100% default controls and sensitivity. Different control layouts is one thing, but I can see this becoming a problem.

Is it also a problem that I use Bumper Jumper?

Nice add for when it comes out.

Could be interesting, I have no issue with the current aiming system.

Happy face :slight_smile: This was my only irritation, I just want to get back to having most of my kills be headshots and perfect kills again like back in the BETA.

A good idea. If it works and helps people out. Unique for sure. As for me I’m cool with the current default aim calibration.

> 2625759425622793;8:
> Also note, the absolutely absurd uproar about how “horrible” the aiming was is almost nonexistent. Those of you who made a thread or just flooded the forums with your nonsense need to apologize. You either had a crappy controller or you suffered from the placebo effect. Now man up and admit that.

So people need to apologise for stating their opinion on a forum, a place for stating opinions? I disagree. Aside from the bugs that are being addressed shortly, changes were made to the aiming mechanics post-beta, which people have complained about. As a result of this 343 have addressed these concerns and will be including a broader range of options to allow for people to customise their aiming as they see fit.

I don’t see how anyone should apologise for this - the aiming will remain as is for the people who have gotten used to it and don’t want to see change, for everyone else they can customise it for a more familiar ‘Halo’ feel. The end result is that more people are satisfied and the population will likely remain at higher levels than if a portion of players weren’t accommodated and got frustrated with the game. Of course you can’t accommodate everyone’s crazy requests, but for something so fundamental that can easily be updated, I think it’s great that the response has lead to 343 making changes regarding this issue. As they say, you don’t ask you don’t get.

> 2533274831669135;6:
> December? -Yoink- that, by then a lot of people will have left already. Why does 343I Always need a month or longer with their fixes? Should have been out in half that time to be honest.

Sorry. I guess you can program this stuff better than them. Whats your game studio?

This is -Yoinking!- nice, if you ask me.

> 2533274801131688;5:
> > 2533274831364893;4:
> > Not sure I like it, a lot of players will be able to find a sweet spot that gives them an edge. I however have always played FPS games with 100% default controls and sensitivity. Different control layouts is one thing, but I can see this becoming a problem.
>
>
> I hope you are trolling. :neutral_face:

actually, I was going to post the same thing. I doubt he is trolling.

Maybe full custom controls in game? I don’t wanna drop 200$ on a controller.

But aiming hasn’t been so bad for me. I just wanna use b for melee.

> 2533274852560931;17:
> > 2533274801131688;5:
> > > 2533274831364893;4:
> > > Not sure I like it, a lot of players will be able to find a sweet spot that gives them an edge. I however have always played FPS games with 100% default controls and sensitivity. Different control layouts is one thing, but I can see this becoming a problem.
> >
> >
> > I hope you are trolling. :neutral_face:
>
>
> actually, I was going to post the same thing. I doubt he is trolling.

So being able to aim the way you want is going to cause a problem? That is a silly statement, if we all went by your thinking there would be no other sensitivities, just 3.

> 2625759425622793;8:
> Also note, the absolutely absurd uproar about how “horrible” the aiming was is almost nonexistent. Those of you who made a thread or just flooded the forums with your nonsense need to apologize. You either had a crappy controller or you suffered from the placebo effect. Now man up and admit that.

Won’t this same placebo effect kick in (reversed) when they get their new fine-tuned aiming? Will it go into overdrive if they get Elite controllers? I’m default all the way.