Current state of The Arbiter

This may kick up a lot of distaste in peoples mouths. However, as we know it Thel 'Vadam has transitioned from the noble warrior and influential individual to merely a puppet in ONI’s long game of chess. This isn’t because he has abandoned his loyalist ideologies, but rather how he rolls all of his power into the UNSC’s hands. He has simply become Humanity’s lapdog.

Agree or disagree? Would like to hear some opinions on this.

> 2533274881094048;1:
> This may kick up a lot of distaste in peoples mouths. However, as we know it Thel 'Vadam has transitioned from the noble warrior and influential individual to merely a puppet in ONI’s long game of chess. This isn’t because he has abandoned his loyalist ideologies, but rather how he rolls all of his power into the UNSC’s hands. He has simply become Humanity’s lapdog.
>
> Agree or disagree? Would like to hear some opinions on this.

You may wish to prepare yourself for a fair amount of stick.

First off the Arbiter isn’t ONI’s puppet. He’s a genuine reformer within the former Covenant empire whose only fault seems to be that he genuinely wanted peace with the UNSC and believed ONI was not a self-serving and incompetent collection of warmongers.

Whatever long game of chess ONI was playing, as of Cortana’s uprising it’s over. ONI and the UNSC have now ceased to function as galactic power brokers (what little power they had a least), whilst there the rememants of both organisations have fled cap in hand to the Arbiter, which put all the cards in his hand.

Whether Blue Team, Osiris and the Infinity are granted santurary or cast out into the cold to deal with the technological appocalypse of their own making is now the Arbiter’s choice, and his alone.

And even before then, ONI didn’t engineer the post Schism Covenant civil war, they just pushed along a small part of it. With the collapse of the Covenant’s ruling High Council, a power grab among the surviving players was inevitable.

Based on Thel’s distaste for ONI, his knowledge of their assassination attempts on him, and his flagship destroying 3 ONI prowlers I highly doubt Thel is ONI’s puppet lol.

> 2533274807602068;3:
> Based on Thel’s distaste for ONI, his knowledge of their assassination attempts on him, and his flagship destroying 3 ONI prowlers I highly doubt Thel is ONI’s puppet lol.

He definitely holds the bigger power flux, but he is still humanity’s emergency button which is why I dislike what he has become. Working with the UNSC in the short term will benefit his long ranged relationships, however, it’s only a matter of time until something bad happens to him or his faction. Thel needs to weigh his options, the prowess of his own species or another. It’s just rather painful to see the UNSC only clinging onto existence due to 'Vadam, how many times the Infinity could have met its end…

I don’t entirely understand the premise here. Is it Thel relying on UNSC power, or the UNSC relying on Thel’s power that you are getting at?

I agree, Thel just seems like the UNSC’s ticket into Sanghelios most of the time.

Why should we care? He was the previous background antagonist. Sierra 117 should be the main focus since he’s the trademark of Halo.

> 2533274792410782;7:
> Why should we care? He was the previous background antagonist. Sierra 117 should be the main focus since he’s the trademark of Halo.

There is more to Halo than just John-117.

> 2535446470522083;8:
> > 2533274792410782;7:
> > Why should we care? He was the previous background antagonist. Sierra 117 should be the main focus since he’s the trademark of Halo.
>
>
> There is more to Halo than just John-117.

True that.

> 2535446470522083;8:
> > 2533274792410782;7:
> > Why should we care? He was the previous background antagonist. Sierra 117 should be the main focus since he’s the trademark of Halo.
>
>
> There is more to Halo than just John-117.

I agree, Halo 2’s two sided story is what really got me hooked on Halo.

> 2533274808694897;10:
> > 2535446470522083;8:
> > > 2533274792410782;7:
> > > Why should we care? He was the previous background antagonist. Sierra 117 should be the main focus since he’s the trademark of Halo.
> >
> >
> > There is more to Halo than just John-117.
>
>
> I agree, Halo 2’s two sided story is what really got me hooked on Halo.

Same here.

Honestly, I think that Thel’ Vadam has become the new galactic superpower (or is soon to be), whether ONI and/or the UNSC like it or not. Sanghelios has risen from the ashes that was the Covenant Empire and have forged themselves (along with some of Humanity’s help) a new galactic empire that is lest restricted and religiously blinded like they previously were when they were under the rule and theocratic law of the San 'Shyuum Prophets. They’ve literally become a force to be reckoned with in just a few short years of the Great Schism, and they were already on the verge of finally and officially wiping out the Covenant by the time of the events of “Halo 5: Guardians”. I believe that ONI wishes that they could control the Arbiter in some way or another. In all honestly, I think that it’s the other way around. :wink: