Current State of Aim Assist Bugs?

Are there still aim assist bugs, such as when accidently touching your mouse cancels aim assist for controller?
I see they recently made some AA updates to mkb, does anybody know if it’s safe to touch your mouse yet, that’s all I want to know bascally?

1 Like

There haven’t been any changes I think.
I’ve played after the mkb assists got introduced and it was still jank. Considering mkb has aim assist now i’d say that the assists randomly being worse could’ve had nothing to do with touching your non-controller peripherals in the first place.

1 Like

That wouldn’t surprise me either, thanks for your input.

Just turn your mouse upside down so the laser doesnt get recognized, if playing with controller :slight_smile:

1 Like

They apparently gave M&K slight aim assist… so that’s a thing

1 Like

Yea, been living like that for a while lol, was just hoping it might be fixed, but to be honest AA seems to drop out whether I touch mouse or not. Then it kicks in randomly sometimes, or am I missing something?

That honestly sounds like a bug to me but I’m not quite sure.

1 Like

It sounds like maybe a bug with the actual mouse? idk

1 Like

Nah, this has been a known thing, I was just hoping it was fixed by now.

1 Like

oh okay I didnt know that. Well I hope it gets fixed soon then

1 Like

Aim randomly feeling worse due to settings/aim assist bugs has been a thing since release sadly, and judging by support responses I’ve gotten they’re probably not going to fix it.

1 Like

They have to fix it. The aiming mechanics are an important part of the fps experience.

If those mechanics suck, people will leave. Just like majority of the KBM playerbase.

3 Likes

I dont doubt that yeah

3 Likes

I agree and I would be inclined to believe the same thing if it wasn’t for the game being out for a year already.

Also aiming could by some be considered a somewhat core or vital mechanic in a shooter, yet most of the community instantly responds by saying aiming is fine and it’s the personal settings and the Halo support team isn’t interested either and tells me to talk about it on the forums instead in case other people happen to agree and then they might reconsider.

1 Like

There is still a bug where the game may detect drivers running in the background, causing you to lose aim assist. It’s my understanding the team is aware of the issue but is struggling to repo it in a test environment.

1 Like

I don’t blame you. I’m just glad that 343 seems to be getting into the swing of things. Maybe the next major update focuses on aiming? Fingers crossed🤞

2 Likes

I’m not 100% on this but from my experience putting your FPS down to 120 should fix this problem i just feel with the high FPS you loos that AA randomly also i feel the FOV plays apart also! i played at standard 78 FOV and it was solid so im kind of confused but i have notice consistency at 120 FPS with 78 FOV give it a go at tell me what your experience is, would be appreciated as i think im going crazy could be the placebo effect kicking in lol

1 Like

I have a feeling this update will be later in the year. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

I’ve personally tried this, changing the FPS doesn’t help in anyway.

First off congrats on being able to play at 78 FOV. If I tried this I’d throw up from all the nausea it would induce. Secondly FOV does seem to have strange effects, though none of them are consistent. I personally notice aim assist being strongest at 120 FOV. And I’ve tested everything from 97-120.

3 Likes

:melting_face: P a i n :melting_face:

1 Like

I play on the standard FOV because smaller targets would make it even harder to aim at considering the lack of aim slowdown.

2 Likes