Current Myths and Rumors resolved this Nov?

I’d like to put together a list of random rumors and myths people have been talking about online. For the record, I don’t belive any of these, but I’m curious to see what you think/know.

I know how everyone quotes Evil Otto from Bungie about this and “Armory cannot be added, because it is based on the map” and 343 sort-of said the same thing, but the Reach Armory gets pretty slim after the rank of Noble, almost like it was left open for additions. Plus there are plenty of people Eclipse and higher who have nothing to spend their cR on.

1. GRD Helmet? If this doesn’t happen, it will be a serious let down. We noticed this helmet with the defiant map pack, and it was either a mistake from the marketing department, or it was deliberate to generate buzz.

2. Red visor? Jorge has this in Campaign, and I think that’s where this whole things got started

3. Ranks beyond Inheritor? I heard this last night. I don’t believe it all. While it would be cool, there is only a small part of the population that will benefit from this.

4. Additional Map Packs? I’d like to see at least one more before Halo 4. Like sometime late winter/early spring.

We still don’t have an achievement list for Halo CEA might resolved some of this. We could be looking at something similar to the Halo 3 ODST thing with the Recon Armor, some set of achievements required to unlock. Bungie announced Reach, ODST and Halo 3 achievements in July (about 2 months before release)

Very interesting, thanks for compliling these together so the community can speculate on…

> We still don’t have an achievement list for Halo CEA might resolved some of this. We could be looking at something similar to the Halo 3 ODST thing with the Recon Armor, some set of achievements required to unlock. Bungie announced Reach, ODST and Halo 3 achievements in July (about 2 months before release)

^This may happen, I am extremely curious as to whether or not there will be any vidmaster achievments and such. It is a tradition that Halo has had for a while, I see no reason to break the trend now.

I really think we would get at least 1 more map pack, Halo 4 is over a year off at least.

Also with the addition of true classic playlists, im highly confident the forge community will create some amazing maps without being confined to poor vanilla settings and AA’s (jetpacks break maps™).

sigh The red visor issue.

I’m not sure how many people have actually taken the time to directly compare them but for the most part Jorges visor is an effect of the lighting. There are SEVERAL screenshots/images (such as the one in the matchmaking menu for MM Campaign) that depict Carter and Jorge side by side with the exact same color of visor.

As well, it aught to be noted that if you directly compare your visor to ANY of the noble team characters, you will always be off. Kat’s visor is more a matte gray than your custom Silver. Carter and Jun’s visors are the same shade of gold no matter the lighting, while your gold visor generally reflects the colors around you VERY easily. Emile’s Visor seems to be default, but again it will always be paler than yours.

ranks beyond inheritor? it already hard enough to get there and all I am is a stinkin’ Field Marshal :expressionless:

> sigh The red visor issue.
>
> I’m not sure how many people have actually taken the time to directly compare them but for the most part Jorges visor is an effect of the lighting. There are SEVERAL screenshots/images (such as the one in the matchmaking menu for MM Campaign) that depict Carter and Jorge side by side with the exact same color of visor.
>
> As well, it aught to be noted that if you directly compare your visor to ANY of the noble team characters, you will always be off. Kat’s visor is more a matte gray than your custom Silver. Carter and Jun’s visors are the same shade of gold no matter the lighting, while your gold visor generally reflects the colors around you VERY easily. Emile’s Visor seems to be default, but again it will always be paler than yours.

Z0mg r3d v1s0r?

how many screenshots do i have to sent to 50 people to unlock!!!

u c wut i did thur!

> > sigh The red visor issue.
> >
> > I’m not sure how many people have actually taken the time to directly compare them but for the most part Jorges visor is an effect of the lighting. There are SEVERAL screenshots/images (such as the one in the matchmaking menu for MM Campaign) that depict Carter and Jorge side by side with the exact same color of visor.
> >
> > As well, it aught to be noted that if you directly compare your visor to ANY of the noble team characters, you will always be off. Kat’s visor is more a matte gray than your custom Silver. Carter and Jun’s visors are the same shade of gold no matter the lighting, while your gold visor generally reflects the colors around you VERY easily. Emile’s Visor seems to be default, but again it will always be paler than yours.
>
> Z0mg r3d v1s0r?
>
> how many screenshots do i have to sent to 50 people to unlock!!!
>
> u c wut i did thur!

Three self-appointed memes in one comment? You should lose your Internets.

Anyways, don’t forget about the whole “B.O.B.” issue. It’s been confirmed by Bungie that they don’t actually do, activate, or unlock anything as of right now, however if 343i wanted to they could change that. There’s many theories surrounding the B.O.B.'s, however it seems like their reason is one of three things:

1. They’re an inside joke from Bungie (going back to the Marathon series)
  2. They were originally supposed to activate/do something, however it was removed from the final cut of the game
  3. Bungie put them there just to mess with us

> > > sigh The red visor issue.
> > >
> > > I’m not sure how many people have actually taken the time to directly compare them but for the most part Jorges visor is an effect of the lighting. There are SEVERAL screenshots/images (such as the one in the matchmaking menu for MM Campaign) that depict Carter and Jorge side by side with the exact same color of visor.
> > >
> > > As well, it aught to be noted that if you directly compare your visor to ANY of the noble team characters, you will always be off. Kat’s visor is more a matte gray than your custom Silver. Carter and Jun’s visors are the same shade of gold no matter the lighting, while your gold visor generally reflects the colors around you VERY easily. Emile’s Visor seems to be default, but again it will always be paler than yours.
> >
> > Z0mg r3d v1s0r?
> >
> > how many screenshots do i have to sent to 50 people to unlock!!!
> >
> > u c wut i did thur!
>
> Three self-appointed memes in one comment? You should lose your Internets.
>
> Anyways, don’t forget about the whole “B.O.B.” issue. It’s been confirmed by Bungie that they don’t actually do, activate, or unlock anything as of right now, however if 343i wanted to they could change that. There’s many theories surrounding the B.O.B.'s, however it seems like their reason is one of three things:
>
> 1. They’re an inside joke from Bungie (going back to the Marathon series)
> 2. They were originally supposed to activate/do something, however it was removed from the final cut of the game
> 3. Bungie put them there just to mess with us

A bit of all three maybe?

stage 1:

Bungie employee 1: lets give something to our original fans

Bungie employee 2: elite ranger BoBs that when you kill them activate the marathon sound track (complete speculation for demo purposes)

Bungie employee 1: genius

Stage 2:

Bungie employee 1: well we finally added all the BoBs

Bungie employee 2: err… We were told to cut it

Bungie employee 1: YOINK!

Stage 3:

Bungie employee 1: I can’t take the BoBs out it’ll take to long and I feel like I am robing the fans

Bungie employee 2: Well just leave them in and we’ll count the character models as the easter egg

Bungie employee 1: PURE GENIUS!

a bit like that maybe?

Given the number of times the GRD/BoB helmet has made appearances on the dashboard, on IGN, on IGN again, and been referenced in a couple of interviews, it seems logical that we’ll eventually gain access to it. As far as Evil Otto and all that business goes, I think that was either misdirection or ignorance. For the record, it doesn’t make a difference to me. I know mentioning the GRD topic generally gets the trolls all worked up so I’ll just go ahead and tell you that no, I don’t really care what my war-barbie looks like. I just call 'em like I see 'em, and this looks like a teaser to me.