CTF should not be in social

This is something that has bothered me for a long time. CTF is a game type that should require team work and communication. That’s all well and good. The problem is that I do not think that you should require those things in a social environment. In my experience most CTF games end at time either 2-1 or 1-0 or are over immediately because one team is working together. IMO neither of those are fun. I actually can’t tell you the last time that I enjoyed a game of CTF as a solo player. Playing with a squad? I love it.

I had a lot of fun playing CTF in the Social Arena and BTB as a solo player.

It’s my favourite game mode for social and competitive. Competitive 5 flag is crazy intense and social 3 flag is usually pretty wild. Sandtrap 3 flag is one of my favourite BTB gametypes.

They’ve gone a step further in Infinite to make it feel less one sided by making the flags get progressively harder to capture. This means you can defend better and potentially steal a consolation flag cap in a game now that you are getting beaten in.

L take… How about you just don’t queue for CTF in socials lmao, since there’ll be options for gamemodes in the full game obviously

With the addition of the mark/tag system I think it’s easier for solo players to communicate basic information to their team.

I some what agree. Any objective shouldn’t be in social. But that’s just me.

I couldn’t imagine not having CTF in social matchmaking. The most memorable times playing H:CE were CTF on Blood Gulch or Sidewinder.

> 2533274800772611;1:
> This is something that has bothered me for a long time. CTF is a game type that should require team work and communication. That’s all well and good. The problem is that I do not think that you should require those things in a social environment. In my experience most CTF games end at time either 2-1 or 1-0 or are over immediately because one team is working together. IMO neither of those are fun. I actually can’t tell you the last time that I enjoyed a game of CTF as a solo player. Playing with a squad? I love it.

I’m sorry but I completely disagree. CTF is a very good social experience and should stay where it is.
If you don’t like it, just turn it off from matchmaking options (I assume there will be like in MCC).

Never do Destinys’ mistake! It’s full of people out there who don’t have a group of friends to play with or who are simply too shy to communicate with strangers and are perfectly comfortable with CTF in social play.

> 2700819419400084;5:
> I some what agree. Any objective shouldn’t be in social. But that’s just me.

That’s one crazy take guy.

I suppose it would get people into ranked like SWAT does maybe. The social players need that objective goodness. It’s arguably not even that competitive in some gametypes as some of them are random as all hell.

> 2533274800772611;1:
> This is something that has bothered me for a long time. CTF is a game type that should require team work and communication. That’s all well and good. The problem is that I do not think that you should require those things in a social environment. In my experience most CTF games end at time either 2-1 or 1-0 or are over immediately because one team is working together. IMO neither of those are fun. I actually can’t tell you the last time that I enjoyed a game of CTF as a solo player. Playing with a squad? I love it.

Th same could be said of any modes that benefit most from communication & coordinated teamwork; however, the less gametype playlist options that are available, the more the playerbase suffers for it. A prime example is Halo 5’s current paltry Arena playlist offerings; it’s honestly pathetic, when compared to the dozen-plus playlist offerings Bungie’s Halo games used to offer at their peaks.

> 2533274949369837;3:
> L take… How about you just don’t queue for CTF in socials lmao, since there’ll be options for gamemodes in the full game obviously

Playing solo I absolutely will not. I’m just assuming that the matchmaking system in Infinite will be similar to H5 in that way. If it’s like MCC then it will not be an issue.

> 2533274852979188;9:
> > 2533274800772611;1:
> > This is something that has bothered me for a long time. CTF is a game type that should require team work and communication. That’s all well and good. The problem is that I do not think that you should require those things in a social environment. In my experience most CTF games end at time either 2-1 or 1-0 or are over immediately because one team is working together. IMO neither of those are fun. I actually can’t tell you the last time that I enjoyed a game of CTF as a solo player. Playing with a squad? I love it.
>
> Th same could be said of any modes that benefit most from communication & coordinated teamwork; however, the less gametype playlist options that are available, the more the playerbase suffers for it. A prime example is Halo 5’s current paltry Arena playlist offerings; it’s honestly pathetic, when compared to the dozen-plus playlist offerings Bungie’s Halo games used to offer at their peaks.

Honestly I don’t have a good answer on how to make these choices with thought on keeping an adequate player base. All team games benefit from teamwork and communication but objective games need it much more and become unplayable when on a team that doesn’t work together. At least with slayer a kill is a kill.

Personally I would have objective games in ranked. In btb I would have a social and ranked objective. Then when the day come that there wasn’t a large enough population to support then obviously tough decisions would need to be made.

If CTF was related to just being a ranked/comp mode only it would take away a lot of the crazy fun moments it brings in casual. BTB CTF has some of the craziest and memorable moment in Halo for me. Having to only play that mode in a sweat fest scenario would definitely put a damper on the overall experience. If you just play casual CTF with the mindset of fun over having to win every game (lest you have a weekly for it lol) it becomes way more bearable to get “rolled” by a team on coms as a solo.

> 2700819419400084;11:
> > 2533274852979188;9:
> > > 2533274800772611;1:
> > > This is something that has bothered me for a long time. CTF is a game type that should require team work and communication. That’s all well and good. The problem is that I do not think that you should require those things in a social environment. In my experience most CTF games end at time either 2-1 or 1-0 or are over immediately because one team is working together. IMO neither of those are fun. I actually can’t tell you the last time that I enjoyed a game of CTF as a solo player. Playing with a squad? I love it.
> >
> > Th same could be said of any modes that benefit most from communication & coordinated teamwork; however, the less gametype playlist options that are available, the more the playerbase suffers for it. A prime example is Halo 5’s current paltry Arena playlist offerings; it’s honestly pathetic, when compared to the dozen-plus playlist offerings Bungie’s Halo games used to offer at their peaks.
>
> Honestly I don’t have a good answer on how to make these choices with thought on keeping an adequate player base. All team games benefit from teamwork and communication but objective games need it much more and become unplayable when on a team that doesn’t work together. At least with slayer a kill is a kill.
>
> Personally I would have objective games in ranked. In btb I would have a social and ranked objective. Then when the day come that there wasn’t a large enough population to support then obviously tough decisions would need to be made.

Right; I didn’t get into Halo 5 early enough to see it at it’s peak population to learn what the playlist offerings were. CTF in particular is a hard call to make because it’s been a Halo staple offering since it’s inception.

I like CTF even when I’m just chilling. But they should make it like in MCC so you can choose which gamemodes you wanna search for.

> 2533274947805189;14:
> I like CTF even when I’m just chilling. But they should make it like in MCC so you can choose which gamemodes you wanna search for.

Agreed; being thrown into a random mode like we were in the flight was not enjoyable; each major gametype should have an option associated with it, so we’re not stuck endlessly searching for specific games for Challenges, then get banned as punishment for quitting a gamemode we weren’t trying to play.

Worst take I’ve seen in a while, if you don’t like it then don’t queue it up. Why take something away from players who enjoy it when you literally can just opt out of it with the click of a button?

This is a terrible idea.

why? you prolly lose any social gamemode if you playing against a coordinated team.

> 2760465307323250;6:
> I couldn’t imagine not having CTF in social matchmaking. The most memorable times playing H:CE were CTF on Blood Gulch or Sidewinder.

Yeah “BTB” with only 4 players on split screen lol! Good times. One of our major tactics was placing a ghost on the opposing teleporters to block them. At that time I couldn’t imagine playing halo with more then 8 players and here we are at 12v12!

> 2535454112934501;12:
> If CTF was related to just being a ranked/comp mode only it would take away a lot of the crazy fun moments it brings in casual. BTB CTF has some of the craziest and memorable moment in Halo for me. Having to only play that mode in a sweat fest scenario would definitely put a damper on the overall experience. If you just play casual CTF with the mindset of fun over having to win every game (lest you have a weekly for it lol) it becomes way more bearable to get “rolled” by a team on coms as a solo.

Exactly this. And halo’s sandbox is designed for objective game play, else we wouldn’t have a passenger seat on the hog and goose.

I can understand that in arena CTF can be frustrating if your playing a team but objective game modes have such value in social because it takes the edge of kills and deaths. If you’re tired and your aim is not right you can still contribute even if your K/D is nothing to brag about. Having to play ranked for objectives takes that comfort away.
Personally I hope at least most BTB matches will be objective rather then slayer but even better if we can set our own search criteria like in MCC.

There’s no need to remove ctf from social. Just allow us not to queue for it.