CTF + Juggernaut > CTF + VIP

Instead of combining CTF and VIP why not combine CTF, Juggernaut, and Slayer?

Flagnum = Flag + Magnum

Flag has lunge like the Energy Sword and is a one hit kill.

Magnum is a 3 shot kill.

Take this premise and apply it to the gametype “2 Flag Slayer” and you have a gametype that turns the Flag Carrier into a Juggernaut of sorts.

Rather than punishing the Flag Carrier by giving him an underpowered pistol, give the Flag Carrier an Energy Sword and the CE Magnum.

To force the Flag Carrier to make decisions I would lower the Flag Capture bonus from 50 points to 10 points. This would encourage the Flag Carrier to slay for a bit before capturing the Flag.

Options that would be required for customization would be:

-Flag Lunge
-Magnum Damage
-Magnum Ammo

Any thoughts on this?

This sounds way to overpowerd and it seems to promote getting the flag to kill people instead of aacually capturing the flag. I think what you idea is more off a combination of teamslayer and juggernaut and if it is I kinda like it :slight_smile:

The guys job is just to run the flag, not farm kills.
If anything they should raise the bonus considering how no one seems to want the flag anymore.

LOL. This is really funny. I know you didn’t mean it to be taken as such, but it is really funny.

It would lead to some badass montages too. :smiley:

I’d actually prefer this to the silly new CTF variant.

> This sounds way to overpowerd and it seems to promote getting the flag to kill people instead of aacually capturing the flag. I think what you idea is more off a combination of teamslayer and juggernaut and if it is I kinda like it :slight_smile:

It is CTF + Juggernaut + Slayer. I really enjoy the “2 Flag Slayer” gametype in Reach and thought that instead of rewarding a Flag Carrier with a large number of points for the cap why not reward him with powerful weapons for the flag steal, but only while carrying, and a small bonus for capping.

Hmm interesting… What about this?
Take Regicide and make it the flag carrier Juggernaut like power ups and make the carrier have to get kills before scoring it.

It would have to be on smaller maps I’m thinking. I think I could work for teams as well.

> The guys job is just to run the flag, not farm kills.
> If anything they should raise the bonus considering how no one seems to want the flag anymore.

I am taking about the gametype “2 Flag Slayer” so the Flag Carrier’s role is not solely capping but also slaying.

> LOL. This is really funny. I know you didn’t mean it to be taken as such, but it is really funny.
>
> It would lead to some badass montages too. :smiley:
>
> I’d actually prefer this to the silly new CTF variant.

Yeah its not really CTF but I think it would be fun, unlike the new CTF.