CTF flag return strategy

Anyone else use the Autosentry on CTF when trying to protect your flag so it can return to base? I usually use the AR as my main weapon and switch it up with the Plasma Pistol/Boltshot depending on the location of the flag. If anyone has an alternative plan for returning the flag I’d like to hear it :slight_smile:

The route would depend on the map of course. Are you talking about the CTF playlist specifically, or getting CTF in something like BTB Skirmish?

I’m a bit hazy on what exactly you’re wanting to know.

Edit Sorry I thought you said “Route” for some reason. No my team typically doesn’t pop a sentry though I could see its usefulness. We just prefer to stop them before they approach the flag. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with AS, just my CTF team doesn’t use it.

Let me tell our set up:

Two guys defending the base with ARs or whatever is clever
One guy plays the middle of the field, scouting weapons and returning them to base as needed (We rarely give any super weapons to offensive team other than SAW for quick insertion)
And the other two go on the offensive. I like to have it set up so that either two or all three of the offense is using Hologram, but of one uses Jetpack or Thruster for the sake of mobility, that works really well too. Essentially, kill their defense first and clean up the pathway to the flag. Once it’s clear the middle player should either push to meet up and support the offense, or they should hold position and wait until the offense crosses into their territory.

If both flag supporters use Holo, you can either simulate a set up position and continue moving with the flag runner, or you can both run with the carrier clouding up the enemy’s radar.

The defense should NEVER push out unless the flag is in the pocket or there is very little danger of the enemy coming in quickly.

This strategy works pretty well, as it works in phases. Generally once the carrier has cleared the defensive line, the remaining to offensive players push back towards the flag, or have been waiting nearby their base due to lack of security anyway. Once the carrier has capped the point, they should fill in the midfielder position.

This rotation requires a lot of communication, but can result in a very quick clean up, and if there is a chance the enemy catches on, it’s easy to flip to a more covert style where players are sneaking as opposed to rushing. This works well with Holo too because you can trick your enemy into thinking that you are set up in one position and you can flank them, or you can lure them into an ambush while your runner sneaks in another way.

In general, a team with a lot of Holo is useful because it essentially fills the role of radar denial, which AC cannot do, and Promethian vision can only somewhat counter.

> Let me tell our set up:
>
> Two guys defending the base with ARs or whatever is clever
> One guy plays the middle of the field, scouting weapons and returning them to base as needed (We rarely give any super weapons to offensive team other than SAW for quick insertion)
> And the other two go on the offensive. I like to have it set up so that either two or all three of the offense is using Hologram, but of one uses Jetpack or Thruster for the sake of mobility, that works really well too. Essentially, kill their defense first and clean up the pathway to the flag. Once it’s clear the middle player should either push to meet up and support the offense, or they should hold position and wait until the offense crosses into their territory.
>
> If both flag supporters use Holo, you can either simulate a set up position and continue moving with the flag runner, or you can both run with the carrier clouding up the enemy’s radar.
>
> The defense should NEVER push out unless the flag is in the pocket or there is very little danger of the enemy coming in quickly.
>
> This strategy works pretty well, as it works in phases. Generally once the carrier has cleared the defensive line, the remaining to offensive players push back towards the flag, or have been waiting nearby their base due to lack of security anyway. Once the carrier has capped the point, they should fill in the midfielder position.
>
> This rotation requires a lot of communication, but can result in a very quick clean up, and if there is a chance the enemy catches on, it’s easy to flip to a more covert style where players are sneaking as opposed to rushing. This works well with Holo too because you can trick your enemy into thinking that you are set up in one position and you can flank them, or you can lure them into an ambush while your runner sneaks in another way.
>
> In general, a team with a lot of Holo is useful because it essentially fills the role of radar denial, which AC cannot do, and Promethian vision can only somewhat counter.

so use hologram then

I still haven’t been able to come up with a way to use autosentry effectively. Every other armor ability is just better.

> I still haven’t been able to come up with a way to use autosentry effectively. Every other armor ability is just better.

Pull it at the escape route. That usually pins the flag guy enough for a few bullets to finish them.
Autosentry is really in beast mode when pulled from ordnance in lightning flag.

> I still haven’t been able to come up with a way to use autosentry effectively. Every other armor ability is just better.

Lightning Flag spawnkilling and facing camo glitchers is about it.

We usually have a three guys go up as offense in a Warthog. While they begin to drive there, the defense gathers power weapons, and these 3 defend our flag. Then, two guys go up in vehicles and we attempt to capture the flag. This strategy is very effective in Skirmish and Ragnarok.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> Let me tell our set up:
>
> Two guys defending the base with ARs or whatever is clever
> One guy plays the middle of the field, scouting weapons and returning them to base as needed (We rarely give any super weapons to offensive team other than SAW for quick insertion)
> And the other two go on the offensive. I like to have it set up so that either two or all three of the offense is using Hologram, but of one uses Jetpack or Thruster for the sake of mobility, that works really well too. Essentially, kill their defense first and clean up the pathway to the flag. Once it’s clear the middle player should either push to meet up and support the offense, or they should hold position and wait until the offense crosses into their territory.
>
> If both flag supporters use Holo, you can either simulate a set up position and continue moving with the flag runner, or you can both run with the carrier clouding up the enemy’s radar.
>
> The defense should NEVER push out unless the flag is in the pocket or there is very little danger of the enemy coming in quickly.
>
> This strategy works pretty well, as it works in phases. Generally once the carrier has cleared the defensive line, the remaining to offensive players push back towards the flag, or have been waiting nearby their base due to lack of security anyway. Once the carrier has capped the point, they should fill in the midfielder position.
>
> This rotation requires a lot of communication, but can result in a very quick clean up, and if there is a chance the enemy catches on, it’s easy to flip to a more covert style where players are sneaking as opposed to rushing. This works well with Holo too because you can trick your enemy into thinking that you are set up in one position and you can flank them, or you can lure them into an ambush while your runner sneaks in another way.
>
> In general, a team with a lot of Holo is useful because it essentially fills the role of radar denial, which AC cannot do, and Promethian vision can only somewhat counter.

your on crack, csr 15 and you write like your a -Yoinking!- army general