CTF debate.

About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.

1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
    If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?

2. There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL.

If we can disable:

-Flagnum
-auto pick up
-no flag drop
-flag carrier cooldown

The we could create Classic CTF.

> About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
>
> 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
>
> 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.

Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.

> > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> >
> > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> >
> > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
>
> Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.

The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.

> > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> >
> > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> >
> > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
>
> Why is this such a big deal? <mark>The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up.</mark> I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.

You mean the only problem people should have is not being able to drop the flag. Any moron can avoid the auto pick up.

> > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > >
> > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > >
> > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> >
> > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
>
> The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.

since when did ctf use a strategy im not trying to be offensive but i never noticed any strategies when i play ctf what kinda strategies are u talking about?

-Juggling
-Moving the flag stealthily
-Passing to a team mate
-Holding the flag inside the enemy base while hiding
-Throwing the flag into a man cannon
-Moving enemy flag to prevent them from capping
-Moving enemy flag to distract them
-Weapon hiding

Don’t really care. I just hope they put more 1 flag CTF in the mix. imo 1 flag CTF was the best in halo 2.

As long as the maps compliment the game types, I don’t care what the gametypes are actually like. That was the problem in Reach, the maps were just awful.

> -Juggling
> -Moving the flag stealthily
> -Passing to a team mate
> -Holding the flag inside the enemy base while hiding
> -Throwing the flag into a man cannon
> -Moving enemy flag to prevent them from capping
> -Moving enemy flag to distract them
> -Weapon hiding

k i understand what u mean except for a few
1.whats the point of juggling now since the flag doesnt slow u down
2.makes sense
3.i almost fully agree but im not sure what kinda situation would require u to pass it
4.isnt that the first place people look when they hear “flag stolen!”
5.makes sense
6.i dont understand that one
7.cant u still do that in halo 4 since there is a huge waypoint screaming “HE’S OVER HERE!”
8.i dont really understand the point of that… but u do get a magnum which can be pretty useful… and u can still ko anyone with 1 punch

> > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > >
> > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > >
> > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> >
> > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
>
> The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.

No. There are many strats for getting the flag back in new CTF. You can just try and run it rambo. You could have a team mate waiting with a mongoose. You could wait until Red team are all at your base getting slaughtered by your team while you sneak in and get theirs. You can try some crazy distraction thing with the rest of your team and sneak it. You could straight up walk into red base as a team and be all like “we be taking your flag now” like a boss. Prob lots i cant think of and lots we dont even know about yet. There are many strats available for getting the flag home in new CTF.

What new CTF DOES take away is all the strats that DONT INVOLVE GETTING THE ENEMY FLAG CAPPED IN A TIMELY MANNER, which results in slow boring games and very often spawnkill slaughters.

This is nothing but a good thing IMO. Every change theyve made is designed to get the game moving along all the time. I thought people like fast paced gameplay? Whats the problem?

So much thought expended on what is lost. So little thought expended on what has been gained.

> > > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > > >
> > > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > > >
> > > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> > >
> > > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
> >
> > The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.
>
> No. There are many strats for getting the flag back in new CTF. You can just try and run it rambo. You could have a team mate waiting with a mongoose. You could wait until Red team are all at your base getting slaughtered by your team while you sneak in and get theirs. You can try some crazy distraction thing with the rest of your team and sneak it. You could straight up walk into red base as a team and be all like “we be taking your flag now” like a boss. Prob lots i cant think of and lots we dont even know about yet. There are many strats available for getting the flag home in new CTF.
>
> What new CTF DOES take away is all the strats that DONT INVOLVE GETTING THE ENEMY FLAG CAPPED IN A TIMELY MANNER, which results in slow boring games and very often spawnkill slaughters.
>
> This is nothing but a good thing IMO. Every change theyve made is designed to get the game moving along all the time. I thought people like fast paced gameplay? Whats the problem?
>
> So much thought expended on what is lost. So little thought expended on what has been gained.

You could do all of that with the old settings as well, and more. Nothing has truly been gained, only lost. And If they really wanted to speed up the game then they should have just increased the flag carrier speed and been done with it.

I have yet to hear a single strategy that can be executed in 343Flag and not in Classic CTF.

> > -Juggling
> > -Moving the flag stealthily
> > -Passing to a team mate
> > -Holding the flag inside the enemy base while hiding
> > -Throwing the flag into a man cannon
> > -Moving enemy flag to prevent them from capping
> > -Moving enemy flag to distract them
> > -Weapon hiding
>
> k i understand what u mean except for a few
> 1.whats the point of juggling now since the flag doesnt slow u down
> 2.makes sense
> 3.i almost fully agree but im not sure what kinda situation would require u to pass it
> 4.isnt that the first place people look when they hear “flag stolen!”
> 5.makes sense
> 6.i dont understand that one
> 7.cant u still do that in halo 4 since there is a huge waypoint screaming “HE’S OVER HERE!”
> 8.i dont really understand the point of that… but u do get a magnum which can be pretty useful… and u can still ko anyone with 1 punch

1. it adds an extra skill to the game to increase the skill gap
  2. You’re 1 shot, your team mate isn’t, you pass the flag to him while you get your shield back. Pretty simple stuff
  3. Funnily enough most people look around the enemy’s base if they can’t find the flag carrier.
  4. In certain gametypes the enemy flag needs to be home in order to cap, therefore quickly grabbing the flag and dropping it will stop the enemy team from being able to capture your flag until they recover it.
    7)Yes, but you can’t drop it. If a rocket launcher is coming up I may pull the enemy’s flag and look as if I’m going to try and run it, simply to distract the enemy team long enough for my team to go in and grab the rockets. In Halo 4 you can’t do that because then you’d be stuck with the flag and not able to drop it.
    8)i.e. you hold a flag so the enemy runs round the corner and charges at you, you drop the flag and surprise! You got the rocket launcher and you can blow him up. Again, not possible in Halo 4 because of no flag drops.

> > > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > > >
> > > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > > >
> > > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> > >
> > > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
> >
> > The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.
>
> since when did ctf use a strategy im not trying to be offensive but i never noticed any strategies when i play ctf what kinda strategies are u talking about?

are you kidding? (i sincerely hope so). pretty much every gametype in halo (except maybe the action sack type games) use strategy, whether its map control, timing weapon spawns, resetting the ball (in oddball of course) and in the case of flag (at least prior to halo 4) you could pull the flag so the other team couldn’t score, pass/throw the flag to teammates or to higher ground, flag juggle to go faster (or keep the flag to not give away your position), pull the flag to distract the other team, simply drop the flag to get into cover or to kill an enemy etc. etc.

> > > > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > > > >
> > > > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
> > >
> > > The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.
> >
> > since when did ctf use a strategy im not trying to be offensive but i never noticed any strategies when i play ctf what kinda strategies are u talking about?
>
> are you kidding? (i sincerely hope so). pretty much every gametype in halo (except maybe the action sack type games) use strategy, whether its map control, timing weapon spawns, resetting the ball (in oddball of course) and in the case of flag (at least prior to halo 4) you could pull the flag so the other team couldn’t score, pass/throw the flag to teammates or to higher ground, flag juggle to go faster (or keep the flag to not give away your position), pull the flag to distract the other team, simply drop the flag to get into cover or to kill an enemy etc. etc.

I’ve noticed many times on this forum that if somebody isn’t intelligent enough to do something in the game then it’s probably unfair and therefore must be removed to balance the game.

> > > > > About the changes to CTF… There are 2 scenarios.
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. There’s a classic CTF gametype, which would mean they only changed it so CTF would be different from classic CTF.
> > > > > If you take H4s CTF and subtract the flagnum, auto picking up the flag, not being able to drop the flag and custom loadouts, how would that be ANY different from classic CTF?
> > > > >
> > > > > 2. <mark>There’s no classic CTF …Which would result in a massive suicide party IRL</mark>.
> > > >
> > > > Why is this such a big deal? The only thing that people should really have a problem with is auto pick up. I mean come on. And anyways even if auto pick up is annoying, i’ve never seen anyone play CTF without running to get the flag, unless they were kill farmers. There is always ways of getting around the auto pick up, like don’t run over the flag. Simple. If you’re chasing a kill then throw a nade. Simple.
> > >
> > > The big deal is that it removes every strategy except one.
> >
> > No. There are many strats for getting the flag back in new CTF. You can just try and run it rambo. You could have a team mate waiting with a mongoose. You could wait until Red team are all at your base getting slaughtered by your team while you sneak in and get theirs. You can try some crazy distraction thing with the rest of your team and sneak it. You could straight up walk into red base as a team and be all like “we be taking your flag now” like a boss. Prob lots i cant think of and lots we dont even know about yet. There are many strats available for getting the flag home in new CTF.
> >
> > What new CTF DOES take away is all the strats that DONT INVOLVE GETTING THE ENEMY FLAG CAPPED IN A TIMELY MANNER, which results in slow boring games and very often spawnkill slaughters.
> >
> > This is nothing but a good thing IMO. Every change theyve made is designed to get the game moving along all the time. I thought people like fast paced gameplay? Whats the problem?
> >
> > So much thought expended on what is lost. So little thought expended on what has been gained.
>
> You could do all of that with the old settings as well, and more. Nothing has truly been gained, only lost. And If they really wanted to speed up the game then they should have just increased the flag carrier speed and been done with it.

I see you are kind of oblivious to where i implied that every old strat which involved NOT moving the flag along for whatever reason (lets face it, in game trolling was the biggest one) is a bad thing.

Okie dokie brosef.

Its all academic anyway. This game is gold and 343i has made their choice. Enjoy your new CTF on nov 6, i will.

Makes claims.

Claims get refuted.

“Well the game is gold bro. Deal with it.”

I have high hopes for the new ctf. As far as I understand what i have read in interviews, there will be no Classic CTF -Initally-. This will force players to at least try out the new gametype instead of just BoyCoting it with veto’s like the community has done in the past with other gametypes. Hopefully we will learn to love it. And i think we will.

1. the "Flagnum is in place to counter Sprint as you will be stunned when shot while sprinting. -nough said

2. auto pick was added as a responce to people placing vehicles over the flags to prevent picking them up (Guilty)

3. no flag drop keeps the flag carrier ummm… lets say “motivated” and prevents the juggling FLAG STOLEN! FLAG DROPPED! FLAG STOLEN! issue.

these changes were not made on a wim and have been heavly tested. I dont think I will miss Classic CTF very much. Also FLAGSASSINATION!

Flagnum - Cool

Auto pickup-Terrible

Sticky Flag-Terrible

Waypoint over the flag 24/7- Terrible