CSR...whats wrong?

Quite a lot of things actually:

1)Why is there a one game delay in your true CSR?
There’s no reason for it.

2)Have CSR based roughly 75% score and 25% K/D instead, not just 100% score based

Might sound strange, but compare two players, A and B in games of BTB

A is a bum rusher, who simply throws grenades left right and centre, and overall has about the same number of kills to deaths per game. We’ll say they go 25 for 23 in a game
B is a person who sits back a bit (not a camper), doesn’t rush in a lot, yet gets say 20 kills and 8 deaths, a respectable contribution to the team.

Yet because B simply doesn’t get as much score as A, he therefore comes lower placed and is asssumed by CSR to be a worse player.
No, B is the better player overall, because they can get a fair amount of kills, but at a cost of fewer deaths than A.

See the point?

At the moment it is “He who gets the highest score is the best, even if they died 40 times getting it”

1. JIP…
    Why should players be treated as playing a full game when they JIP say 1/3 way through a game, yet get penalised simply because they weren’t able to get as much score in the shorter period. This ties in with points 1 and 2.

Surely it could be guessed roughly how well a player would have gone if they’d played the full game, by extrapolating how they went in their shorter game?
Say a player goes 12 -6 in a game where they only play 2/3 game due to JIP. Most people would agree that the player, if they’d played the entire game, would have gone roughly 16-8 (adding an extra third onto the K/D)?

In the end CSR is broken at the monent because it doesn’t recognise a players long term skill (K/D is a good estimate in the end), instead only recognising the players long term score, not accounting for the cost at which they may have got this score (Eg: Player A…)

It needs to be entirely win/loss based.

Hmm not entirely, but I’ll agree it should be part of it.
Remember that its an individuals skill measure, so it has to include a some of their score, K/D as well, if you get what I’m saying

i think it works fine. i just wish it was visible in game.

P.s you’ve made alot of threads today

Ultimately, the individually ranked playlists (Infinity Slayer, BTB, SWAT, etc.) function just like social playlists because they match you randomly most of the time, instead of basing your opponents on CSR levels.

In the team-based CRS playlists you tend to match player that are, at least, near your level quite frequently. Every other game or so.

So, personally I like how CSR is set up currently. I just wish it was visible in game.

do not take away from a rushers significance. a rusher moves the game forward. i often rush. i break a team of campers. hopefully my team can finish what i started. i take one for the team. i am very aggressive.

i do agree a kills to deaths should be higher and does contribute to the team, but that guy who can rush a team and break their spirit (usually at a cost) is just as important to overall victory

if everyone sat back nothing would ever happen

> do not take away from a rushers significance. a rusher moves the game forward. i often rush. i break a team of campers. hopefully my team can finish what i started. i take one for the team. i am very aggressive.
>
> i do agree a k/d ratio should be lower and does contribute to the team, but that guy who can rush a team and break their spirit (usually at a cost) is just as important to overall victory

‘Rushing’ only works well when a team does it together. In most cases, if you push a team by yourself you’re just feeding them kills for no reason. Also, there are plenty of situations in which you don’t want anyone to be heading towards the other team. Halo is very situational/circumstantial.

i get some good results from rushing alone. unless i am facing a camping partied team with power weapons. and that only happens with me when i join in progress mid game because i would not allow that to happen throughout a game.

it is really terrible when i am on a team and they dont know how to counter a camping team. i will send in a hologram create an opportunity with maybe a rocket launcher (for example) and my teammates will step in the way of my rockets protecting the opposing team. or not take advantage of the one shots i create. i rarely if ever play partied up with anyone so i have to count on me.

Honestly you aren’t going to find players not getting a 50 because CSR is based on score. As you mentioned, score is not perfect but if you’re good enough to get a 50 (or whatever rank you aim for), you will get that rank regardless. 99% of the time the best player will get the highest score.