CSR what a joke

You can’t be competitive on Infinity Slayer it’s just way too random. Maybe the game truly was better off without ranks because it’s like teammates lack mics or coordination.

You wouldn’t have that problem if you were playing with me and my boys. And yeah, I really just play SWAT anyway since everything else is filled with randomness like you said.

for real, i just lost like 4 games in a row and had to turn off my xbox, my team was filled with uncoordinated idiots. at least im a rank 11 now so maybe i should be matched with some beter players so i can have more fun games.

> for real, i just lost like 4 games in a row and had to turn off my xbox, my team was filled with uncoordinated idiots. at least im a rank 11 now so maybe i should be matched with some beter players so i can have more fun games.

Yo, the CSR is NOT in the game. You being a rank 11 means absolutely nothing about who you will be matched up with. The game is using the same system it has been using to match up players since day one. The CSR is strictly something cosmetic to appease angry customers (to no avail).

<mark>com·pet·i·tive</mark>
<mark>/kəmˈpetətiv/</mark>
<mark>Adjective</mark>
<mark>Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.</mark>
<mark>Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.</mark>

Being competitive is not a matter of settings and does not depend on the ability of others. If you have not learned to use thumb-less teammates to your advantage, then you are not playing right. Randomness is irrelevant and is just an excuse used out of frustration by players who cant think fast enough to out-play and out-smart opponents no matter what the conditions.

> <mark>com·pet·i·tive</mark>
> <mark>/kəmˈpetətiv/</mark>
> <mark>Adjective</mark>
> <mark>Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.</mark>
> <mark>Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.</mark>
>
>
> Being competitive is not a matter of settings and does not depend on the ability of others. If you have not learned to use thumb-less teammates to your advantage, then you are not playing right.

The settings of the game and new additions create an environment in which it is difficult for players to be competitive. As it is impossible for a game to be competitive, one must take a step back and realize that that is not what people are trying to say when they say Halo 4 is less competitive than its predecessors. In reality, certain aspects of Halo 4 take away from the ability of players to play competitively, due to the omnipresent annoyance that is the overwhelming aspect of randomness.

Randomness is hardly irrelevant, and is not simply an excuse. One can never be sure what weapon their opponent is wielding due to the ability of a player to achieve a power weapon after reaching a small feat, like 5 or 6 kills. Not to mention the fact that the weapons one can get in an ordinance drop are completely randomized.

> > <mark>com·pet·i·tive</mark>
> > <mark>/kəmˈpetətiv/</mark>
> > <mark>Adjective</mark>
> > <mark>Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.</mark>
> > <mark>Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.</mark>
> >
> >
> > Being competitive is not a matter of settings and does not depend on the ability of others. If you have not learned to use thumb-less teammates to your advantage, then you are not playing right.
>
> The settings of the game and new additions create an environment in which it is difficult for players to be competitive. As it is impossible for a game to be competitive, one must take a step back and realize that that is not what people are trying to say when they say Halo 4 is less competitive than its predecessors. In reality, certain aspects of Halo 4 take away from the ability of players to play competitively, due to the omnipresent annoyance that is the overwhelming aspect of randomness.
>
> Randomness is hardly irrelevant, and is not simply an excuse. One can never be sure what weapon their opponent is wielding due to the ability of a player to achieve a power weapon after reaching a small feat, like 5 or 6 kills. Not to mention the fact that the weapons one can get in an ordinance drop are completely randomized.

If you are unable to process and react to that on the battlefield, then your desire to be competitive (see definition again) is what is lacking, not the settings.

Im better then most and its not because I have randomly got better weapons several thousand times.

True story.

> Yo, the CSR is NOT in the game. You being a rank 11 means absolutely nothing about who you will be matched up with. The game is using the same system it has been using to match up players since day one. The CSR is strictly something cosmetic to appease angry customers (to no avail).

CSR is a visual approximation of ones’ Trueskill, which was reset upon CSR implementation. While it’s true that the game matches players the same way it always has, the two factors(CSR and Trueskill) are indeed correlated.

> > Yo, the CSR is NOT in the game. You being a rank 11 means absolutely nothing about who you will be matched up with. The game is using the same system it has been using to match up players since day one. The CSR is strictly something cosmetic to appease angry customers (to no avail).
>
> CSR is a visual approximation of ones’ Trueskill, which was reset upon CSR implementation. While it’s true that the game matches players the same way it always has, the two factors(CSR and Trueskill) are indeed correlated.

Correct

> > > <mark>com·pet·i·tive</mark>
> > > <mark>/kəmˈpetətiv/</mark>
> > > <mark>Adjective</mark>
> > > <mark>Of, relating to, or characterized by competition.</mark>
> > > <mark>Having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.</mark>
> > >
> > >
> > > Being competitive is not a matter of settings and does not depend on the ability of others. If you have not learned to use thumb-less teammates to your advantage, then you are not playing right.
> >
> > The settings of the game and new additions create an environment in which it is difficult for players to be competitive. As it is impossible for a game to be competitive, one must take a step back and realize that that is not what people are trying to say when they say Halo 4 is less competitive than its predecessors. In reality, certain aspects of Halo 4 take away from the ability of players to play competitively, due to the omnipresent annoyance that is the overwhelming aspect of randomness.
> >
> > Randomness is hardly irrelevant, and is not simply an excuse. One can never be sure what weapon their opponent is wielding due to the ability of a player to achieve a power weapon after reaching a small feat, like 5 or 6 kills. Not to mention the fact that the weapons one can get in an ordinance drop are completely randomized.
>
> If you are unable to process and react to that on the battlefield, then your desire to be competitive (see definition again) is what is lacking, not the settings.
>
> Im better then most and its not because I have randomly got better weapons several thousand times.
>
> True story.

The desire to be competitive is not only lacking, but is non-existant for a previously competitive player that has now been brought down to the same level as every other noob and their guest. 343i succeeded in reaching their goal of making the game more accessible, and that is how they did it.

Situation: Your teammate has a -12 K/D and you go +10 and still lose.

With visible ranks:
“Wow, he must have had a bad game.”

Without visible ranks
"-Yoink- TrueSkill! It doesn’t work