CSR visible in game (service record)?

?

Or only halo waypoint.

> CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.

Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13

> > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
>
> Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13

I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.

So the answer = only halo waypoint?

> > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> >
> > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
>
> I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
>
> So the answer = only halo waypoint?

Halowaypoint, whether it is on your computer, console, or mobile.
Any form of waypoint.

> > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> >
> > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
>
> I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
>
> So the answer = only halo waypoint?

Yes, not visible in-game but visible on Halo Waypoint, which is available on web, console and mobile.

> > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > >
> > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> >
> > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> >
> > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
>
> Halowaypoint, whether it is on your computer, console, or mobile.
> Any form of waypoint.

Exactly my point… so what is the point of this CSR system if you cant see the rank of you opponent? Not even in hes service record…?

> > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > >
> > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> >
> > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> >
> > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
>
> Yes, not visible in-game but visible on Halo Waypoint, which is available on web, console and mobile.

Thanks… exactly… what a bumber… they could put it at least in the service record… :frowning:

> > > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > > >
> > > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> > >
> > > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> > >
> > > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
> >
> > Yes, not visible in-game but visible on Halo Waypoint, which is available on web, console and mobile.
>
> Thanks… exactly… what a bumber… they could put it at least in the service record… :frowning:

No doubt that it’s a bummer for some, but it is what it is.

Lots of discussion here: 1-50 Competitive Skill Rank Official Thread

> > > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > > >
> > > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> > >
> > > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> > >
> > > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
> >
> > Halowaypoint, whether it is on your computer, console, or mobile.
> > Any form of waypoint.
>
> Exactly my point… so what is the point of this CSR system if you cant see the rank of you opponent? Not even in hes service record…?

Well, we wanted CSR in some form just so as to not get be paired up with people who can’t play at all and be dragged down with them repeatedly. Unfortunately, either the UI is so shoddy that adding CSR to it is impossible (which means 343 was lazy from day one of development, kind of like BioWare on ME3) or they are intentionally not adding it in game to spite us for not being happy about not having it (also like BioWare. Yeah, I’m still really pissed about that game.) The ability to not be grouped with total idiots is nice, but making it invisible in game is pointless. Who can actually look at 7 different waypoint profile in the 30 seconds voting is going on to decide if you want to opt out of the group before things get going? The system, as it will be implemented, has very little practical use. And whatever the reason for this sordid state of affairs, it all bodes badly for 343 as a studio.

> > > > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > > > >
> > > > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> > > >
> > > > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> > > >
> > > > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
> > >
> > > Halowaypoint, whether it is on your computer, console, or mobile.
> > > Any form of waypoint.
> >
> > Exactly my point… so what is the point of this CSR system if you cant see the rank of you opponent? Not even in hes service record…?
>
> Well, we wanted CSR in some form just so as to not get be paired up with people who can’t play at all and be dragged down with them repeatedly. Unfortunately, either the UI is so shoddy that adding CSR to it is impossible (which means 343 was lazy from day one of development, kind of like BioWare on ME3) or they are intentionally not adding it in game to spite us for not being happy about not having it (also like BioWare. Yeah, I’m still really pissed about that game.) The ability to not be grouped with total idiots is nice, but making it invisible in game is pointless. Who can actually look at 7 different waypoint profile in the 30 seconds voting is going on to decide if you want to opt out of the group before things get going? The system, as it will be implemented, has very little practical use. And whatever the reason for this sordid state of affairs, it all bodes badly for 343 as a studio.

I agree!! +10

Its also ment to show a little bit off… you know… working for something to show other people how good you are… and check the statts of other… that makes a game like halo fun…

everyone is waiting for halo 5… but if i may be honest? If they cannot even make a decend title update and listen to the communitay, then they cant make a new better halo… thank god bungie is making destiny.

> > > > > > CSR, or Competitive Skill Rank, launches on <mark>all screens of Halo Waypoint (web, console and mobile)</mark> next Monday.
> > > > >
> > > > > Source: The Halo Bulletin: 4.3.13
> > > >
> > > > I’ve read that, but i’m not sure how to interpertate that… because you can log in on halo waypoint via these 3 (web console and mobile) aswell.
> > > >
> > > > So the answer = only halo waypoint?
> > >
> > > Halowaypoint, whether it is on your computer, console, or mobile.
> > > Any form of waypoint.
> >
> > Exactly my point… so what is the point of this CSR system if you cant see the rank of you opponent? Not even in hes service record…?
>
> Well, we wanted CSR in some form just so as to not get be paired up with people who can’t play at all and be dragged down with them repeatedly. Unfortunately, either the UI is so shoddy that adding CSR to it is impossible (which means 343 was lazy from day one of development, kind of like BioWare on ME3) or they are intentionally not adding it in game to spite us for not being happy about not having it (also like BioWare. Yeah, I’m still really pissed about that game.) The ability to not be grouped with total idiots is nice, but making it invisible in game is pointless. Who can actually look at 7 different waypoint profile in the 30 seconds voting is going on to decide if you want to opt out of the group before things get going? The system, as it will be implemented, has very little practical use. And whatever the reason for this sordid state of affairs, it all bodes badly for 343 as a studio.

343i were clear that visual CSR was not happening before the game came out for a variety of decisions.

Acting surprised about it still is somewhat puzzling…

> 343i were clear that visual CSR was not happening before the game came out for a variety of decisions.
>
> Acting surprised about it still is somewhat puzzling…

The reasons given for it were “We didn’t know how to rank people, initially”. Then “The UI won’t allow us to add in the feature now.” To not account for the need to re-implement (key word here, CSR is nothing new) the popular feature at a later date is shortsighted. To not be able to add it once everyone is asking for the feature because the UI is too limited shows a lack of effort on the interface development. To be able to do exactly what the players want but refuse to do so and make up BS reasons for it is outright evil. No matter what, 343 is still a shoddy outfit.

i just dont get why they would make it waypoint only, like what good does that do?

the majority of players dont come on waypoint and so this feature will be useless for the majority of players out there…

people complain all the time about how this game has no ranks but the majority wont even know about ranks because they dont come on this site…

> > 343i were clear that visual CSR was not happening before the game came out for a variety of decisions.
> >
> > Acting surprised about it still is somewhat puzzling…
>
> The reasons given for it were “We didn’t know how to rank people, initially”. Then “The UI won’t allow us to add in the feature now.” To not account for the need to re-implement (key word here, CSR is nothing new) the popular feature at a later date is shortsighted. To not be able to add it once everyone is asking for the feature because the UI is too limited shows a lack of effort on the interface development. To be able to do exactly what the players want but refuse to do so and make up BS reasons for it is outright evil. No matter what, 343 is still a shoddy outfit.

Yeah, but did you not get the hint that 343i simply does not want it in the game?

Whatever the reason, 343i were clear: No in-game CSR.

Yet…

We are still surprised that in is not the game…

wow.

> Yeah, but did you not get the hint that 343i simply does not want it in the game?
>
> Whatever the reason, 343i were clear: No in-game CSR.
>
> Yet…
>
> We are still surprised that in is not the game…
>
> wow.

I’m not surprised that CSR isn’t in the game. Disappointed, annoyed, even angry. But not surprised. So perhaps your choice of words wasn’t the best.

What I am surprised by is that a company supposedly formed from the cream of the crop solely to act as the stewards for one of the most popular franchises in history is ended up coming across as a very half-hearteded operation. I expected a lot more from 343 given what Bungie had accomplished.

I’d be willing to bet 343 has an announcement message about CSR on Monday. It will be displayed to everyone who plays the game.

> > Yeah, but did you not get the hint that 343i simply does not want it in the game?
> >
> > Whatever the reason, 343i were clear: No in-game CSR.
> >
> > Yet…
> >
> > We are still surprised that in is not the game…
> >
> > wow.
>
> I’m not surprised that CSR isn’t in the game. Disappointed, annoyed, even angry. But not surprised. So perhaps your choice of words wasn’t the best.
>
> What I am surprised by is that a company supposedly formed from the cream of the crop solely to act as the stewards for one of the most popular franchises in history is ended up coming across as a very half-hearteded operation. I expected a lot more from 343 given what Bungie had accomplished.

Understood,

But BEFORE the game came out 343i stated that there was no in-game CSR.

One would hope that we could move past the other stages of grief.

The fact is that Halo 4 is critically lauded, and commercially successful.

My opinion is that 343i accomplished more with Halo 4 and Bungie did with Reach.

Regarding my use of the word surprise.

Many threads are popping up still yammering on about visual CSR. Although you are not surprised with the 343i decision. Is it not puzzling that these threads STILL do not get what 343i stated months ago?