CSR System Broken

Alright, so for a basis of this argument I will provide some background. I was placed Diamond I after my placement matches in SWAT, I have been trying every since then to increase in rank and attempt to get up to Onyx. Well today, I finally managed to get to Diamond II, or so I thought. I got to Diamond II after a decent winning streak, and then lost the game right after achieving the rank. Imagine my surprise when I drop right back down to Diamond I! After this happened I started to memorize my W/L rate. I lost 2 more games, going down to -3. I eventually got back up to 0 after 4 or 5 more games, then won once more, and got back to Diamond II. Continued to go to +2, then after about 10 more games, dropped back down to -1, as well as Diamond I. Now please, explain to me how you are ever supposed to rank up if staying at a 50% win rate will keep you at your original rank?

TL;DR The CSR System Currently makes it damn near impossible to rank-up unless you win every game.

Yes, I think that’s essentially the point of the system. If you stay at the same win rate, you aren’t going to rank up – you have to improve to move up a rank. It’s only a day after launch. CSR is not supposed to be an experience-based system; just give yourself some time.

Also remember you’re being ranked against everyone else who’s playing SWAT. There’s no fixed threshold for win rate that = Diamond or Onyx. If you’re not ranking up, it means that the people at the tier above you are still doing better than you are at the moment.

> 2535408310024333;1:
> Now please, explain to me how you are ever supposed to rank up if staying at a 50% win rate will keep you at your original rank?

That’s precisely how it’s supposed to work. It wants to find a skill level for you and match you with opponents of similar skill. If your win rate is about 50%, you are at the division you belong to. If you start winning more, the game increases your division to match you against better opponents. If you start losing more, you’ll drop down (again, to find opponents closer to your level). The only thing I remember reading is that you can’t drop out of an entire division–so once you have diamond I think you won’t go down to plat.

> 2535449576639558;2:
> Yes, I think that’s essentially the point of the system. If you stay at the same win rate, you aren’t going to rank up – you have to improve to move up a rank. It’s only a day after launch. CSR is not supposed to be an experience-based system; just give yourself some time.
>
> Also remember you’re being ranked against everyone else who’s playing SWAT. There’s no fixed threshold for win rate that = Diamond or Onyx. If you’re not ranking up, it means that the people at the tier above you are still doing better than you are at the moment.

Agreed