CSR Ranks, go down too much

Me and my friend have just been playing 2v2 blitz and we won 12 games in a row and got our ranks up to Onyx 1725, but we lost “1” stupid game and it went down to 1704, which is just really silly and unfair. I understand if you loss a lot in a row or when people leave games, but not for losing “1” stupid game. This is silly and should be fixed, because it is really unfair, and takes away the fun of earning a good rank.

I believe your CSR drops more/less because of who you play against.

Example: Lose to a champion, only lose 10 CSR. Lose to a Diamond, lose 20 CSR

Ok, thank you for answering. I never know that.
It still seems very unfair to down that much, after winning 12 in a row.

I can understand in away now, why some players started dodging games, if the rank can be affected that much, for no good reason

You realize the system works the same for everyone, right? 20 for a loss isn’t that bad. The amount of points you get is based on the CSR of the other players. So if you aren’t getting many points it is because you are beating people much lower than you (and you shouldn’t get many for beating them anyway).

Unfortunately, if you can’t beat champion level players than the climb through high Onyx can become hard because you won’t gain anything on wins unless you can beat champion players AND THAT IS OKAY. You shouldn’t move up if you can’t beat people higher level than you.

Ok, where do you find out about, how many points you loss or win?
Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to play loads of games, to rank up quickly, so the rank I have is hard earned. So to loss that much in one go is like losing a days worth of playing, which personally is unfair and there are properly a lot of others that would agree with me, on that.
So I think you should get more then 1 point from beating lower ranks, because there isn’t any point of playing if your not going to get anything out of it, and you shouldn’t loss 20 points if someone beats you, because that also makes losing a game really bad.
That is the problem with the whole CSR rank system, unless you are amazing at the game, there isn’t any point of playing it, if you want to play for fun.

> 2533274836965007;5:
> Ok, where do you find out about, how many points you loss or win?
> Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to play loads of games, to rank up quickly, so the rank I have is hard earned. So to loss that much in one go is like losing a days worth of playing, which personally is unfair and there are properly a lot of others that would agree with me, on that.
> So I think you should get more then 1 point from beating lower ranks, because there isn’t any point of playing if your not going to get anything out of it, and you shouldn’t loss 20 points if someone beats you, because that also makes losing a game really bad.
> That is the problem with the whole CSR rank system, unless you are amazing at the game, there isn’t any point of playing it, if you want to play for fun.

I usually lose more than 20 if I lose. Don’t know what to tell you it isn’t that much. Just because you don’t have time to play a lot doesn’t mean the ranking system need to be changed.
If you deserve a higher rank you will beat people higher level than you and rank up. If you play against a really high level you don’t lose much. It really isn’t hard to rank up if your CSR is actually lower than your rank (unless you lag out constantly).

It might just be that you are around your actual CSR rank. You may also want to wait until everyone is placed before going into matchmaking if you are that concerned with CSR points.

> 2674682457271996;6:
> > 2533274836965007;5:
> > Ok, where do you find out about, how many points you loss or win?
> > Unfortunately I don’t have a lot of time to play loads of games, to rank up quickly, so the rank I have is hard earned. So to loss that much in one go is like losing a days worth of playing, which personally is unfair and there are properly a lot of others that would agree with me, on that.
> > So I think you should get more then 1 point from beating lower ranks, because there isn’t any point of playing if your not going to get anything out of it, and you shouldn’t loss 20 points if someone beats you, because that also makes losing a game really bad.
> > That is the problem with the whole CSR rank system, unless you are amazing at the game, there isn’t any point of playing it, if you want to play for fun.
>
> I usually lose more than 20 if I lose. Don’t know what to tell you it isn’t that much. Just because you don’t have time to play a lot doesn’t mean the ranking system need to be changed.
> If you deserve a higher rank you will beat people higher level than you and rank up. If you play against a really high level you don’t lose much. It really isn’t hard to rank up if your CSR is actually lower than your rank (unless you lag out constantly).
>
> It might just be that you are around your actual CSR rank. You may also want to wait until everyone is placed before going into matchmaking if you are that concerned with CSR points.

Ok, thank you for explaining it for me, at least me and friend are not the only ones. It just seemed a lot to lose yesterday after winning 12 in a row.
Just one question, Is everyone placed by about the middle of the month or is it earlier then that?

It depends on what your opponents rank is or his history of ranking is. I’ve lost as little as just a few points before, but with other losses It might be around 20. It is never the same because everyone you play is ranked different and your own rank is changing up and down as well.

I mean if you lose you lose

No one really likes losing, no matter what people to say :laughing:

I think the only thing that needs to be corrected is losing CSR for desyncing since that’s a problem with the game and not my choice to resign or lose.

> 2533274807562680;11:
> I think the only thing that needs to be corrected is losing CSR for desyncing since that’s a problem with the game and not my choice to resign or lose.

That is a very good point, the amount of times the game has gone out of sync or frozen for no good reason is terrible. Even when my internet and my friends internet has been working fine.
The game must know the difference between someone quitting a game, where points should go down a little. Compared to someone going out of sync or the game freezing, which is out of their control, where no points should be lost.
I hope the developers see this and fix this problem.