CSR is used to match games, right?

I played a game earlier today, where the majority of my team dropped out due to host migration. There were about three of us against seven of them. I got in the Mantis, and i utterly destroyed them. My team mates all dropped out, and i single handedly won the game. I ended with 55 kills, of which 44 were mantis kills, in the same life. There was no challenge there at all.

Also my first time using Wheelman. Still confuses me how 5 guys with plasma pistols and plasma grenades couldn’t bring down a singles mantis that was the only thing firing back at them.

I believe that you’re actually matched according to TrueSkill, but rated by CSR. Could be wrong though.

Matchmaking tends to put a team of good and bad players against another team of good and bad players. Ordinarily, this would be fine, but too many times:

[/li]- One or more of the players is better or worse than the game thinks he is, and the game is imbalanced.

• Players quit and are replaced by players of a different skill level and the game is imbalanced.
  • The game is imbalanced to begin with, such as CSRs 40, 40, 43, and 45 being matched against CSRs 43, 45, 50, and 50. It happens to me all the time, either on the advantaged or disadvantaged team.

Maybe I just never noticed it, but I can’t remember this being a problem in previous Halo games. Maybe the population?

The reduced population means there is less of a pool of equally skilled players to match together with a good connection. I italicize the last part, as I’m sure there are plenty of equally skilled players in every range, it’s just that the connection between them isn’t adequate enough for the game to consider matching them together.

Of course, sometimes you get weird games like that. I’ve had a few of 'em, even in the previous Halo games.

The guy sent me the link to the video of me destroying his team. He’s still calling me a hacker.
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/sgtbookworm/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameClip&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

> The guy sent me the link to the video of me destroying his team. He’s still calling me a hacker.
> http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/praetorian%20zero/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameClip&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

Please edit your post, it’s against forum rules to call out people.

> > The guy sent me the link to the video of me destroying his team. He’s still calling me a hacker.
> > http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/praetorian%20zero/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameClip&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0
>
> Please edit your post, it’s against forum rules to call out people.

Whoops…ok, saved the video, it links to my file share now.

Pretty sure the game uses an invisible true skill number to put players in a match. CSR is similar to your true skill number but (again, I believe) not exactly the same. And if you’re mistaking SR for CSR then you are dealing with a number which has absolutely nothing to do with true skill whatsoever.