CSR is my concern

Does anyone know when CSR will be fixed? It is soooo broken

I don’t think 343 should be caring about that atm judging it wasn’t supposed to be on Halo 4 in the first place

What do you believe to be broken about CSR? There are a number of answers, I just want to know OP’s.

None the less it needs to be fixed

CSR isn’t broken, you are probably misinterpreting results.

> CSR isn’t broken, you are probably misinterpreting results.

My theory also.

Genuine concerns:
*JIP and CSR
*CSR 1 game behind (minor)
*Ranking down in 2nd place due to no players of similar CSR

Not genuine concerns:
*“My team won and I ranked down in BTIS/IS/SWAT” You’re in an individual-ranked playlist
*“Ranked down with 15-0, sum n00b with 17-23 ranked up” Its point-based ranking
*“I came 1st the past 200 games and my rank went from 26-24” No you didn’t and no it didn’t

Neither of those first 2 genuine concerns make CSR “broken” by any means. I’m not sure if the 3rd has been resolved at all, but its really an issue with matching players rather than CSR.

> What do you believe to be broken about CSR? There are a number of answers, I just want to know OP’s.

When you win 8 games in a row and go down…

> > What do you believe to be broken about CSR? There are a number of answers, I just want to know OP’s.
>
> When you win 8 games in a row and go down…

Which thankfully I just covered in my last post whilst you were posting that.

I’ll assume you were in an individually ranked playlist, rather than a liar. CSR working as intended.

If you won 8 games in a row, then it was long enough ago that I couldn’t find it in your recent games.

OP, why is it broken?

CSR is not for me because of its emphasis on points, not on other factors such as K/D.

I say that because I play BTB. My solution is simple. I play the game that I always play. That means trying to maintain a positive K/D with getting at least 170 points.

I do not see how going 25/30 helps the team… Even if they are scoring 300 pts…

> > What do you believe to be broken about CSR? There are a number of answers, I just want to know OP’s.
>
> When you win 8 games in a row and go down…

If you were in a team playlist with individual ranking than winning has no influence on ranks.

These playlists are: Infinity Slayer, Big Team Infinity Slayer, SWAT, and Action Sack. These playlists rank players based on individual points instead of K/D and wins. The ranks update one game late so most ppl misinterpret their results. The system isn’t broken, but it is not the best way to judge an individual’s skill level, although it is better than a ranking system that is based on wins alone.

> I don’t think 343 should be caring about that atm judging it wasn’t supposed to be on Halo 4 in the first place

Yes it was, we knew about it in July in 2012.

> > I don’t think 343 should be caring about that atm judging it wasn’t supposed to be on Halo 4 in the first place
>
> Yes it was, we knew about it in July in 2012.

July?

They announced it in November. Also, I wouldn’t say it is ‘in’ Halo 4.

> > > I don’t think 343 should be caring about that atm judging it wasn’t supposed to be on Halo 4 in the first place
> >
> > Yes it was, we knew about it in July in 2012.
>
> July?
>
> They announced it in November. Also, I wouldn’t say it is ‘in’ Halo 4.

Yes, they didn’t actually announce it till November, but some guy asked Frank about it then and he said there was a Progressive system, and a web only skill system, there was a huge thread about it.

Halo 5

Please feel to ask around MM’ing in the already open topic(s) on CSR.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_topics10_Matchmaking.aspx