CSR is here, more big maps are here, DMR...

…is still overpowered.

Because of CSR people will start playing “for real”. Small maps from Majestic playlist are replaced by Castle’s big maps. Am I the only one who is afraid that Halo 4 will turn into DMR’s sniper fest?

343i, after last TU you have tools to balance this weapon, why do you persist?

> …is still overpowered.
>
> Because of CSR people will start playing “for real”. Small maps from Majestic playlist are replaced by Castle’s big maps. Am I the only one who is afraid that Halo 4 will turn into DMR’s sniper fest?
>
> 343i, after last TU you have tools to balance this weapon, why do you persist?

I think because they do not want to make any knee-jerk actions.

It is a balance issue.

I am confident that the dials will be tweeked soon enough.

They’ve got months worth of data made up of matches, player ToD’s and service records, articles and forum posts from many Halo-dedicated forums. I don’t see why they have to wait weeks to months AFTER releasing the latest TU to do anything. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with a balance change as soon as they make such a tool.

They could do what Blizzard does with Starcraft now and then. There’s a server meant just for testing patch changes. Why not make a playlist dedicated to testing sandbox balance changes?

We all definitely appreciate that they made a TU with the capabilities to adjust weapon balance, but the game will be almost completely dead by the time they actually change anything. It’s not necessarily knee-jerk reacting if they change weapon balance right after the TU comes out. It’s been how many months now? They have the data to come to some sort of conclusion on what to change, if not at least experiment with what they have in mind.

I’m not downloading this DLC until DMR is nerfed. DMR is blatantly in need of adjustment.

> They’ve got months worth of data made up of matches, player ToD’s and service records, articles and forum posts from many Halo-dedicated forums. I don’t see why they have to wait weeks to months AFTER releasing the latest TU to do anything. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with a balance change as soon as they make such a tool.
>
> They could do what Blizzard does with Starcraft now and then. There’s a server meant just for testing patch changes. Why not make a playlist dedicated to testing sandbox balance changes?
>
> We all definitely appreciate that they made a TU with the capabilities to adjust weapon balance, but the game will be almost completely dead by the time they actually change anything. It’s not necessarily knee-jerk reacting if they change weapon balance right after the TU comes out. It’s been how many months now? They have the data to come to some sort of conclusion on what to change, if not at least experiment with what they have in mind.

watch the gdc conference, you will see 343i do not care for balanced or competitive gameplay.

> They’ve got months worth of data made up of matches, player ToD’s and service records, articles and forum posts from many Halo-dedicated forums. I don’t see why they have to wait weeks to months AFTER releasing the latest TU to do anything. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with a balance change as soon as they make such a tool.
>
> They could do what Blizzard does with Starcraft now and then. There’s a server meant just for testing patch changes. Why not make a playlist dedicated to testing sandbox balance changes?
>
> We all definitely appreciate that they made a TU with the capabilities to adjust weapon balance, but the game will be almost completely dead by the time they actually change anything. It’s not necessarily knee-jerk reacting if they change weapon balance right after the TU comes out. It’s been how many months now? They have the data to come to some sort of conclusion on what to change, if not at least experiment with what they have in mind.

They did nerf the bolt-shot, and this backend-tuning sounds like a positive :slight_smile:

I am a fan of the DMR, so I am probably partial. But I hear ya :slight_smile:

So the DMR is still OP huh, and I was downloading the map pack just to try it but then I might just check it on forge.

> > They’ve got months worth of data made up of matches, player ToD’s and service records, articles and forum posts from many Halo-dedicated forums. I don’t see why they have to wait weeks to months AFTER releasing the latest TU to do anything. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with a balance change as soon as they make such a tool.
> >
> > They could do what Blizzard does with Starcraft now and then. There’s a server meant just for testing patch changes. Why not make a playlist dedicated to testing sandbox balance changes?
> >
> > We all definitely appreciate that they made a TU with the capabilities to adjust weapon balance, but the game will be almost completely dead by the time they actually change anything. It’s not necessarily knee-jerk reacting if they change weapon balance right after the TU comes out. It’s been how many months now? They have the data to come to some sort of conclusion on what to change, if not at least experiment with what they have in mind.
>
> They did nerf the bolt-shot, and this backend-tuning sounds like a positive :slight_smile:
>
> I am a fan of the DMR, so I am probably partial. But I hear ya :slight_smile:

Yeah, they nerfed Boltshot even though there was more feedback on DMR. It’s like they want people to use it exclusively or what?

Month after month they’re doing some other stuff, and while balancing DMR really isn’t big technical problem, they keep avoiding doing anything about it. After millions of hours online matchmaking how much more testing do they need to figure out what to do? They made fantastic thing with balancing most of other weapons, so why are they so clueless here?

I used to use the DMR, now I use the BR. I like the BR better (except on ragnarok) Still don’t see what the big deal is.

you all forget that the majority of the devs favor the DMR…

> I used to use the DMR, now I use the BR. I like the BR better (except on ragnarok) Still don’t see what the big deal is.

Ehh… the best aim assist scoped & unscoped and the fastest kill time.
http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/12399-r-the-halo-utility-weapon-thread-by-duji-and-k2five/

It beats all other weapons 100% of the time but the LR in scope mode, that if you can manage the flinch.

> > They’ve got months worth of data made up of matches, player ToD’s and service records, articles and forum posts from many Halo-dedicated forums. I don’t see why they have to wait weeks to months AFTER releasing the latest TU to do anything. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with a balance change as soon as they make such a tool.
> >
> > They could do what Blizzard does with Starcraft now and then. There’s a server meant just for testing patch changes. Why not make a playlist dedicated to testing sandbox balance changes?
> >
> > We all definitely appreciate that they made a TU with the capabilities to adjust weapon balance, but the game will be almost completely dead by the time they actually change anything. It’s not necessarily knee-jerk reacting if they change weapon balance right after the TU comes out. It’s been how many months now? They have the data to come to some sort of conclusion on what to change, if not at least experiment with what they have in mind.
>
> watch the gdc conference, you will see 343i do not care for balanced or competitive gameplay.

Halo community … doesn’t get sarcasm. I understand they shouldn’t be joking about it after all this time but dude its sarcasm get with the times.

I share your fears.

I just want some casual/social playlists where you can play for fun, more so than for winning.
:frowning:

Bringing bloom back would solve your problems the fastest, not that I’d want that.

> Bringing bloom back would solve your problems the fastest, not that I’d want that.

Just for the DMR since the rest of the weapons are pretty well balanced between them.

> They made fantastic thing with balancing most of other weapons, so why are they so clueless here?

Maybe they just forgot about one of the “Halo rules”? I remember one Bungie employee saying: “We never want to make one super-weapon, that works in all cases, because it makes the game dull”… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamrCHHtHMU 3:09

> > Bringing bloom back would solve your problems the fastest, not that I’d want that.
>
> Just for the DMR since the rest of the weapons are pretty well balanced between them.

Ditto, should have clarified

> > They made fantastic thing with balancing most of other weapons, so why are they so clueless here?
>
> Maybe they just forgot about one of the “Halo rules”? I remember one Bungie employee saying: “We never want to make one super-weapon, that works in all cases, because it makes the game dull”… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BamrCHHtHMU 3:09

YES! Thank you! Great game design philosophy! Why haven’t 343 done something?

> I’m not downloading this DLC until DMR is nerfed. DMR is blatantly in need of adjustment.

I hear ya man. I actually think these maps look fantastic. I just can’t play Halo 4 in its current state. DMR ruins this game for me on any mid to large size maps, which sucks because BTB is my favorite way to play Halo. (include-Plasma Pistol & Stickies) Also I need to see if these maps actually promote vehicle movement, or if we still have to camp around corners in Warthogs :frowning:
Common 343, fix the few small issues and many will come back!

> Great game design philosophy!

I think saying it’s “philosophy” is a little exaggeration :stuck_out_tongue: