CSR... Halo Waypoint only?!

…or will it also be included in-game like Halo 2/3?

Because if it’s Halo Waypoint only, this is a flat-out joke and slap to the face.

As it stands now. It will only appear on Waypoint.

slap

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> …or will it also be included in-game like Halo 2/3?
>
> Because if it’s Halo Waypoint only, this is a flat-out joke and slap to the face.

Nope CSR is a waypoint exclusive thing and that’s for a number of reasons including UI limitations and the possibility of opening up a black market business. What people are asking for now are alternative ways of implementing it into the game, such as implementing a halo waypoint stats window into the infinity menu, that only YOU can see of course. We are trying to get people to tweet bs angel @bsangel on twitter about this matter and we need you to help so that we can get a response. check out this thread for more info: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst196981_If-CSR-won-t-be-visible-in-game--then.aspx

It’s only visible on Halo Waypoint.

Frank O’Connor has stated it is to prevent boosting and account selling. BS Angel recently said it is due to UI and tech restrictions.

We’ve known this for months…

This is pathetic.

I guess I don’t really have any real reason to be happy about this then.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not use alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> This is pathetic.
>
> I guess I don’t really have any real reason to be happy about this then.

Then tweet @bsangel about implementing a Halo Waypoint stats hub/window into the infinity menu with your CSR visible. Would solve the whole problem unless your someone who wants to brag about your CSR in lobbies, can’t help you there.

we need CSR in game because bragging is more important than having fun!

> we need CSR in game because bragging is more important than having fun!

Because Halo started as competitive then went downhill while making it noob-friendly.

But I guess that’s what the cool kids want these days. Thought I could hope for some incentive of what could make it better for us who like something original.

You guys asked for ranking, you got it and now your complaining that it is only on Waypoint. Why can’t you guys be happy for once! Good grief!

> You guys asked for ranking, you got it and now your complaining that it is only on Waypoint. Why can’t you guys be happy for once! Good grief!

People have asked for a VISIBLE ranking. As in, visible in game.

> You guys asked for ranking, you got it and now your complaining that it is only on Waypoint. Why can’t you guys be happy for once! Good grief!

I know right?! Because everyone who been asking for the ranking system from Halo 2 and 3 SOOOOO wanted it back from it’s original implementation to a Website/App feature!

Damn I guess I COMPLETELY misunderstood this entire situation!

Know what sounds awesome? Typing in seven different gamertags on your phone before a match starts to check their ranks. Sounds super convenient. If it’s not visible don’t bother adding it. Spend the time instead on fixing objective based gametypes focused around largish groupings of players. (that’s 343 speak for BTB Obj)

> It’s only visible on Halo Waypoint.
>
> Frank O’Connor has stated it is to prevent boosting and account selling. BS Angel recently said it is due to UI and tech restrictions.

The Boosting he is probably talking about isn’t the common boosting people see today. It was circle boosting that I think he is talking about and it makes more sense if it is Circle Boosting rather than just Normal Boosting.

> > This is pathetic.
> >
> > I guess I don’t really have any real reason to be happy about this then.
>
> Then tweet @bsangel about implementing a Halo Waypoint stats hub/window into the infinity menu with your CSR visible. Would solve the whole problem <mark>unless your someone who wants to brag about your CSR in lobbies</mark>, can’t help you there.

You posts have been annoying me. Please refrain from your straw man fallacy. Bragging about ranks in lobbies, to you, is the only reason people want it visible, according to what you say. We both know that is false. Stop being a jerk about it and being bitter about people making fun of you in the past for lacking skill.

People want visible rank to see who they match up against BEFORE the game begins. I would love to know that I beat people who have higher ranks than me. I want to see how far I can go in something. The point of the game is to win, right? If it’s just to have fun, then why keep score? Why keep stats? Why not just have a big halo map where anyone can come and go (like Grand Theft Auto free mode) and everyone can shoot each other all day long. No winning and losing, no stats, no ranks, no nothing. That actually sounds pretty fun, now that I am typing this, but then I would remember that I like to win.

I just posted this in another thread but here it is again:

  1. Game is rated M.

  2. You have a mute feature.

  3. You have a block communications feature if the mute button isn’t enough.

  4. Account selling affects you in no way. It would not be the same because of the perks, armor, and SR ranking.

  5. If you were given the option to choose whether or not you SHOW your rank in social playlists, and noting the above tools you have to eliminate any trash talk, then WHAT IN GOD’S NAME would still keep you from wanting/not caring about an in-game visible rank? Honestly, WHAT?

Oh, Freckly, I noticed your posts were moderated. I hope you can still respond to my post.