CSR (Competitive Skill Rank) update....

This message is to 343 directly. What is happening with this promised CSR system??? Everybody is asking when, how is gonna work, whats taking so long?? Answer your -Yoinking!- fans already!!

Sorry this just becoming laughable, nearly every thread on this forum speaks of a desired skilled ranking system, one that this company even mentioned they “will/may” soon implement. Start responding to your fan base before you lose them entirely! AKA do your bleeping job!

They won’t lose me because I don’t care about this CSR stuff.

What about the thousands of die hards that do care?

I think fixing issues with the game and gameplay take priority over a silly thing like visible skill rating.

Agreed. Me and a lot of my friends have stopped playing on a regular basis and have moved on to other things because MM got boring. I want something to work for (a rank). And no SR130 is not something I want to have, it doesn’t mean anything. It only tells me how much I’ve played the game.

> Agreed. Me and a lot of my friends have stopped playing on a regular basis and have moved on to other things because MM got boring. I want something to work for (a rank). And no SR130 is not something I want to have, it doesn’t mean anything. It only tells me how much I’ve played the game.

Well, the same could be said for a CSR.

> I think fixing issues with the game and gameplay take priority over a silly thing like visible skill rating.

Your right it is more important. But from what I’ve seen it looks like they are only working on promoting “new totally awesome creative playlists that nobody wants” and “omg play halo and you could win a truck” instead of fixing the issues at hand and giving the actual halo fans what they want. Which is a balanced game and something to work at to keep us playing.

Perfectly happy without it. It will just cause more quitting/cheating/glitching.

> This message is to 343 directly. What is happening with this promised CSR system??? Everybody is asking when, how is gonna work, whats taking so long?? Answer your -Yoinking!- fans already!!
>
> Sorry this just becoming laughable, nearly every thread on this forum speaks of a desired skilled ranking system, one that this company even mentioned they “will/may” soon implement. Start responding to your fan base before you lose them entirely! AKA do your bleeping job!

this is probably the second thread I’ve seen about it since the game’s launch. jesus christ, please back up your points.

> > Agreed. Me and a lot of my friends have stopped playing on a regular basis and have moved on to other things because MM got boring. I want something to work for (a rank). And no SR130 is not something I want to have, it doesn’t mean anything. It only tells me how much I’ve played the game.
>
> Well, the same could be said for a CSR.

I’m not asking you to go get a good csr. I just want the option to be available to me and other people that love to play competitive halo

> What about the thousands of die hards that do care?

Then they’re either stop playing or have a hard death.

The only thing thats “laughable” is how impatient you guys are. They said they will do one. the game is only a month old we get DLC in 4 days and a new playlist practically every week with new fixes to bugs and glitches. I give props to 343. I couldn’t handle a community as demanding and ungreatful as this one.

CSR is going to be BPR V2except it will be 1-50 instead of 1-100.

It will not be in game. And do to how much waypoint sucks to navigate, nobody will care about their rank

@Toa Freak

Seems this company keeps avoiding the “main issue” in hopes to better their game. Gameplay and silly playlist issues arent the problem with this game. Its the void of competition and lack of reward for actually winning a game. All of which can be resolved with a CSR. 343 is killing the legacy of made this franchise what it is, rank.

Bookmark this link in case you dont believe me, the numbers will continue to tumble people. Resolve the “appropriate” issue already

http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

> > I think fixing issues with the game and gameplay take priority over a silly thing like visible skill rating.
>
> Your right it is more important. But from what I’ve seen it looks like they are only working on promoting “new totally awesome creative playlists that nobody wants” and “omg play halo and you could win a truck” instead of fixing the issues at hand and giving the actual halo fans what they want. Which is a balanced game and something to work at to keep us playing.

A separate marketing team handles the various promotions. These promotions in no way affect the continued support of the game. The various bulletins have been addressing the issue with Halo, and a TU is coming in the near future for major updates concerning gameplay and the game as a whole. They don’t directly talk about this because, well, programming can be a fickle thing. That, and they don’t want to talk about glitches and exploits until said glitches and exploits are fixed.

You also have to keep in mind that what you see on the forums is mostly hate threads, many of them repeats because “everyone need their own thread” when it comes to a single issue. 343 has a bird’s eye view of things, and much more data at their disposal. As such, they have a much better idea of what the community as a whole wants than you or I. Add to that the tough decisions they need to make each week, taking into account community feedback, wants and demands, and their own experience as game developers. It’s a daunting task.

The CSR system would only make skill ratings visible (if that stays a site exclusive or not is a separate issue). Making the system visible would have no affect on the matchmaking systems at large.

> CSR is going to be BPR V2except it will be 1-50 instead of 1-100.
>
> It will not be in game. And do to how much waypoint sucks to navigate, nobody will care about their rank

343i has explicity said it’s not BPR. I’m pretty sure they said it’s alot like the Halo 2/3 1-50, just tracks richer data of skill, though.

> > CSR is going to be BPR V2except it will be 1-50 instead of 1-100.
> >
> > It will not be in game. And do to how much waypoint sucks to navigate, nobody will care about their rank
>
> 343i has explicity said it’s not BPR. I’m pretty sure they said it’s alot like the Halo 2/3 1-50, just tracks richer data of skill, though.

343 says a lot of things…

> @Toa Freak
>
> Seems this company keeps avoiding the “main issue” in hopes to better their game. Gameplay and silly playlist issues arent the problem with this game. Its the void of competition and lack of reward for actually winning a game. All of which can be resolved with a CSR. 343 is killing the legacy of made this franchise what it is, rank.
>
> Bookmark this link in case you dont believe me, the numbers will continue to tumble people. Resolve the “appropriate” issue already
>
> http://www.halocharts.com/2012/chart/dailypeakpopulation/all

I’ve seen the population chart many times since Halo 4 launched. Yes, the overall population is dropping. However, there are a lot of things that can factor into this.

I would also point out that a visible skill rating system isn’t going to have much of an affect on whether people play a game. If a game is fun, people will play. If it’s not, they won’t. Skill rating doesn’t have the huge effect people like to think it does.

If that message was to the directly why didnt you PM one of them. Seems a little indirect here :smiley:

> > > CSR is going to be BPR V2except it will be 1-50 instead of 1-100.
> > >
> > > It will not be in game. And do to how much waypoint sucks to navigate, nobody will care about their rank
> >
> > 343i has explicity said it’s not BPR. I’m pretty sure they said it’s alot like the Halo 2/3 1-50, just tracks richer data of skill, though.
>
> 343 says a lot of things…

And? They have never out-right lied. They’ve been purposefully vague and cryptic, but never lied. BPR was thrown together when Halo Reach was dumped on them due to Bungie’s contract with Activision.

CSR was purpose built along side Halo 4. Big difference.