CSR can be visible and this is why

343i have mentioned reasons as to why CSR will not be visible which include level locking, account selling and cheating.

Level locking seems to me be the main cause of everything. Level locking apparently occurs when the system over many hundreds and thousands of games can no longer move you up in rank due to the mass of accumulated data on the individual player. Thus, accounts that have a 50 attached to it could be sold and the player who purchased it would be locked into that 50 rank even though they might be actually a level 10 player.

Level locking, in my view, could be solved if the data tracked and used to determine whether your rank/CSR goes up or down is based upon say,your last 50 to 100 games instead of hundreds or thousands. What would occur then, is if a player was at say a level CSR 25 for a long period, they would not be locked at that CSR if they suddenly begam to improve in skill…after 50 to 100 games at their new skill they would start going up in CSR.

On the other hand,say someone with a level CSR 50 lost interest in Halo fro whatever reason and decided to play below their skill level, after 50 to 100 games their VSR would be going South!

As for account sales of 50s, if a 50 was to be sold to a player with little to no skill, after a short period of time that 50 would actually start to go down so it would begin to reflect the actual skill of that player. Therefore, a waste of time purchasing the said CSR50 because it would have only allowed a brief moment of self gratification before reality sets in and the CSR goes down by reflecting the true skill level.

No system is perfect. But, at least allowing CSR to be tracked and calculated over a small sample of recent games would avoid level locking, allow ones CSR to realistically go up or down, make the selling of 50s less worth it due to the possibility of the purchased rank going down due to lack of skill and so on.

So, 343i, CSR to be visible please!

You make a good point. Rather than scrapping in-game-visible ranks 343 should have attempted to create a ranking environment that would negate the selling of accounts as well as cheating.

Bungie attempted this with Halo Reach Arena ranking. By providing seasons every 2-3 months or so it was meant to deter the selling accounts

The OP’s idea is one of many that could have been used to curb the selling of accounts.

Speaking of 50 account selling… considering the low H4 population in general, how many people would really be buying 50s compared to a few years ago with H3? Wouldn’t that factor in itself reduce greatly the demand for fake 50 accounts? I mean, would people who don’t play H4 right now for whatever reason come rushing back to the game just so they could buy 50s and live their little lie?

I find it sad that a majority of honest people have to pay for just a few idiots who want to make others believe they are Superman just because they wear the costume.

> Speaking of 50 account selling… considering the low H4 population in general, how many people would really be buying 50s compared to a few years ago with H3? Wouldn’t that factor in itself reduce greatly the demand for fake 50 accounts? I mean, <mark>would people who don’t play H4 right now for whatever reason come rushing back to the game</mark> just so they could buy 50s and live their little lie?
>
> <mark>I find it sad that a majority of honest people have to pay for just a few idiots who want to make others believe they are Superman just because they wear the costume.</mark>

Yes! People would come rushing back JUST because of visible ranking. BUT not for buying 50s. Seriously, less than 1% of players buy 50s and we all get screwed out of ranked for it.

> Speaking of 50 account selling… considering the low H4 population in general, how many people would really be buying 50s compared to a few years ago with H3? Wouldn’t that factor in itself reduce greatly the demand for fake 50 accounts? I mean, would people who don’t play H4 right now for whatever reason come rushing back to the game just so they could buy 50s and live their little lie?
>
> I find it sad that a majority of honest people have to pay for just a few idiots who want to make others believe they are Superman just because they wear the costume.

I think they would not come flooding back just to do that.

> > Speaking of 50 account selling… considering the low H4 population in general, how many people would really be buying 50s compared to a few years ago with H3? Wouldn’t that factor in itself reduce greatly the demand for fake 50 accounts? I mean, would people who don’t play H4 right now for whatever reason come rushing back to the game just so they could buy 50s and live their little lie?
> >
> > I find it sad that a majority of honest people have to pay for just a few idiots who want to make others believe they are Superman just because they wear the costume.
>
> I think they would not come flooding back just to do that.

That’s my point. It makes the whole “black market 50s” excuse given to us invalid. I was led to believe over the last few months that this was the main reason why they would keep CSR on Waypoint only.