CSR Blog : from an average (or poor) player

http://halo4csr.blogspot.co.uk/

feel free to contribute on the blog.

Agreed. And the fact that someone like yourself wants visible rank says a lot. It isn’t all just 50s that want to show off that want it in. mediocre players want it too

> Agreed. And the fact that someone like yourself wants visible rank says a lot. It isn’t all just 50s that want to show off that want it in. mediocre players want it too

Everyone should want it.

Not wanting it shows you like getting put into massively uneven matches constantly.

> > Agreed. And the fact that someone like yourself wants visible rank says a lot. It isn’t all just 50s that want to show off that want it in. mediocre players want it too
>
> Everyone should want it.
>
> Not wanting it shows you like getting put into massively uneven matches constantly.

That very biased because either visbile or not, its still going to do that. I wouldn’t mind in game ranks too, but im fine as long as i can see MY own rank at all. Some people want their own rank to at least be visible to them, but that kind of contradicts their argument of not having a rank to show to EVERYBODY. The way i see it is that we are getting a title update, a competitive playlist, and ranks that match us up to people who are in our ranges, and thats good enough for me. Besides they said

> > > Agreed. And the fact that someone like yourself wants visible rank says a lot. It isn’t all just 50s that want to show off that want it in. mediocre players want it too
> >
> > Everyone should want it.
> >
> > Not wanting it shows you like getting put into massively uneven matches constantly.
>
> <mark>That very biased because either visbile or not, its still going to do that. I</mark> wouldn’t mind in game ranks too, but im fine as long as i can see MY own rank at all. Some people want their own rank to at least be visible to them, but that kind of contradicts their argument of not having a rank to show to EVERYBODY. The way i see it is that we are getting a title update, a competitive playlist, and ranks that match us up to people who are in our ranges, and thats good enough for me. Besides they said

No it won’t. If you were a 35 and you matched only with 34-36’s(basically your own skill level) then why not show it in game? There will be no teasing/ trash talk because you will be matched with equals…

Even though we more or less get matched against an equally skilled enemy team… You and your teammates that you matched with are going to be of skills that vary widely… This is what is being hidden.

> > > > Agreed. And the fact that someone like yourself wants visible rank says a lot. It isn’t all just 50s that want to show off that want it in. mediocre players want it too
> > >
> > > Everyone should want it.
> > >
> > > Not wanting it shows you like getting put into massively uneven matches constantly.
> >
> > <mark>That very biased because either visbile or not, its still going to do that. I</mark> wouldn’t mind in game ranks too, but im fine as long as i can see MY own rank at all. Some people want their own rank to at least be visible to them, but that kind of contradicts their argument of not having a rank to show to EVERYBODY. The way i see it is that we are getting a title update, a competitive playlist, and ranks that match us up to people who are in our ranges, and thats good enough for me. Besides they said
>
> No it won’t. <mark>If you were a 35 and you matched only with 34-36’s(basically your own skill level) then why not show it in game?</mark> There will be no teasing/ trash talk because you will be matched with equals…
>
> Even though we more or less get matched against an equally skilled enemy team… You and your teammates that you matched with are going to be of skills that vary widely… This is what is being hidden.[/qu
> If it was matching you up against people of you own skill then what is the point in seeing it? If i want to see a rank that is basically my rank, then i can go t waypoint, and is the uneven teams going happen if its in game or not. Would having it in game make a difference on how it matches your team up? My main issue was the assumption that people who do not care about it in game do not care about even match ups. It is pointless to down something that is not in the game yet, and we cannot change how it turns out. It seems like some people think that this is going to make or break the game when it already has other issues that are more important. What is more important, in game ranks or balance?

Forget what i said earlier. Bottom line is that i wish ranks were in game to ,but im happy that we have them at all, and i am satisfied as long as we have a balanced game.

> That very biased because either visbile or not, its still going to do that.

Reach used hidden trueskill.

Halo 4 uses strict hidden trueskill.

It clearly does NOT work when it is hidden.

Bragging rights bring people together, and visible proof that does not require searching a forum is necessary.People want to get better to not be ridiculed by players with higher ranks, this has been around for a long time.This is mostly noticeable in MMO’s that have titles that can take years to accomplish(Halo 3 skill rank comes to mind).People come together as a result, and how is that a bad thing.Boosters are boosters and usually are obvious, but the rnak brought those boosters together, and in turn created a social experience.

Ranks create social parties that benefit a persons experience in a game.Currently with no rank or any incentive to know people creates a dark room where no one wants to know the other.This only hurts the game and a individuals experience which deters long play times.A developers goal should not just be to make the most money on launch but create the largest fanbase possible, which does in turn create revenue in the long run.

Also a MM system can use a small 1-50 value much more effectively than reading stats.Matching people 6 ranks within each other based on say rank 25, no lower than rank 22 but no higher than rank 28.This is a bit easier to calculate than individual K/D and W/L ratios which i think is what it does, which can cause imbalanced teams.Which you see quite often in Halo 4 no matter how good you play.There is also a physiological effect with a visible rank that everyone can see, it causes people to want to play more to get the number higher.A average person loves to boast about what they have achieved, since wanting to be better than the other guy is a human nature.

I prefer visible skill ranks, since as a social factor would increase my Halo experience.No ranks=no fun.I like ranks they give a goal to aim for.

–>The people that say “why not just play for fun”?I will ask you “why get a better paying job”?Now do you see the point.<–

I would love to see in game ranks again. In Halo 3 I never got above a 25 or 26, and at the time I truly didn’t understand the fundamental basics of weapons, timers, grenades etc… I played very aggressive and got myself killed way more than I should have. I have gotten a lot better since then and would love to see where I place now days.

I wish CSR was going to be in game but I will make due by checking waypoint every few matches.

> > That very biased because either visbile or not, its still going to do that.
>
> Reach used hidden trueskill.
>
> Halo 4 uses strict hidden trueskill.
>
> It clearly does NOT work when it is hidden.

Never played reach. But, i thought that since halo 4 will be using a systme similar to halo 3 that the system will work well, but Your right, it probably wont work, but as long as the game is balanced, and we have ranks, im cool, and id rather save my judgment until it happens.
`