CSR based on your wins/losses

So I play with a lower ranked friend a lot, I am Platinum, and he is Silver. Sometimes we are a competitive team and sometimes we get thrashed so badly I wonder if 343 even bothered to create a fair matchmaking system. I’ve noticed how when I play alone I get consistently matched with like players, but when with friends the CSR ranges from unranked to Onyx. I agree that your win/loss should play a part but a good player should not be penalized because of his teammates. I don’t know much about matchmaking but a simple answer could be that in rank disparities there needs to be an equal number of ranks of both sides. Example would be if there are 2 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Platinum, there should not be 3 Bronze and a Platinum. That guy is not going to be able to carry his teammates without a miracle. The better ratio would be 1 Gold, 1 Silver, 2 Platinum, vs 2 Golds, 1 Silver, 1 Platinum or something more equal!

I can’t select any of the options because the game already DOES take into account personal K/D ratios.

The DIRECTION you go is based on wins/losses.
The DISTANCE you go in that DIRECTION is based on KDA ratios.

So no, I would not like anything changed. It’s a Team Game that Benefits skilled players with higher KDA ratios.

I think that would work for Slayer and that’s about it. I really like the ranking being based off of wins and not kills since I play a lot of objective based games. A better solution in my opinion would be to fix the matchmaking rather than the ranking system. A couple things I don’t like is when running solo your team and opponents change every single match. This can make matchmaking a problem when you aren’t in a fireteam with friends, also they don’t place you against people of your same CSR rank everyone is mixed together. I think you should have to beat your rank to move up and if you can’t you get knocked down. A couple things I think may work is they could keep a winning team together until they lose, or keep you on the same team for a predetermined number of matches before disbanding you whether you win or lose but keep changing the opponents every time. I believe the combo of one of these and keeping the players in matches ranks closer together could greatly improve the matchmaking and really compliment the win/loss ranking system. What are your guys’ thoughts?

> 2533274821977927;2:
> I can’t select any of the options because the game already DOES take into account personal K/D ratios.
>
> The DIRECTION you go is based on wins/losses.
> The DISTANCE you go in that DIRECTION is based on KDA ratios.
>
> So no, I would not like anything changed. It’s a Team Game that Benefits skilled players with higher KDA ratios.

First off thanks for posting, discussion is what keeps gaming moving and gets it better. But!
I’m sorry to have to disagree with you but the below info from 343 tells it all. I couldn’t find any info at all to support your claim but I’ll keep looking
“The ranks Bronze through Diamond are pretty straight forward. Win a couple of matches and you’ll progress in ranks. Notice that I said ‘win matches’ and not ‘be on the top of the leaderboard’ as being the top player on your team doesn’t mean a thing to your CSR, only winning does.” 343i explanation http://www.343industries.org/news/_/halo-5-guardians/matchmaking/halo-5-csr-explained-r1288

> 2533274884387290;4:
> > 2533274821977927;2:
> > I can’t select any of the options because the game already DOES take into account personal K/D ratios.
> >
> > The DIRECTION you go is based on wins/losses.
> > The DISTANCE you go in that DIRECTION is based on KDA ratios.
> >
> > So no, I would not like anything changed. It’s a Team Game that Benefits skilled players with higher KDA ratios.
>
>
> First off thanks for posting, discussion is what keeps gaming moving and gets it better. But!
> I’m sorry to have to disagree with you but the below info from 343 tells it all. I couldn’t find any info at all to support your claim but I’ll keep looking
> “The ranks Bronze through Diamond are pretty straight forward. Win a couple of matches and you’ll progress in ranks. Notice that I said ‘win matches’ and not ‘be on the top of the leaderboard’ as being the top player on your team doesn’t mean a thing to your CSR, only winning does.” 343i explanation http://www.343industries.org/news/_/halo-5-guardians/matchmaking/halo-5-csr-explained-r1288

I think you misinterpreted what he said. He said wins and loses effect your direction in rank. I am not sure if he is right about the KDA effecting distance though. 343 never said anything about it. It is probably based on the rank of those you beat or lost to like in past games

Yeah I suppose I didn’t make myself clear. I was pointing out that while winning and losing altered your CSR there was no K/D effect that dictated the amount you won or lost.

RANKING IS BASED SOLEY ON WIN/LOSS. KDA DOESNT HAVE AN EFFECT IN RANK.

You can go 24-3 on your team, LOSE, and still go down in rank.

This is bogus simply because TEAM based games aren’t always TEAM coordinated. IE ( I won’t play with randoms anymore because I don’t want MY rank to decrease based off of poor performances from others. )

I play Warzone solo, cause that’s all I can really deal with playing with randoms.

Randy’s are trash. And I don’t want to put my rank on the line for some RANDOM. simple as that.

Incorporate the KDA ratio’s into ranking.

If I go positive, but my team loses, my rank should just NULL. No movement.
If you are on a team, and you go negative, and still win, your rank should move slightly upward, but not able to go up a CLASS. IE ( if you are silver 6, and you go negative, but win, you shouldn’t be able to go up to Gold 1. )

Agreed, either way the problem needs to be fixed. Yesterday I had the best game on empire, went 30 for 4 but my team almost blew the game. It’s like they were just relying on my to carry them. It’s times like that where I get very mad if I do my best and the randoms just charge into the gunfire.