Crushing feeling

I liked the Pilum in 5 but we should’ve had that and the Spnkr launcher at launch. Would also like them to have different functions to. One have a lock-on for vehicles and the other have a guided missile.

Now with the bulldog and the sidekick. We all know these are awesome fun editions but by the RINGS! They can’t replace the classics. We have had so many different magnums and shotguns throughout the years. I appreciate adding more variety but classics should always be there at launch with there new counterparts.

I really don’t want to wait for an update just to use something I’ve already had.

Sometimes it’s about innovation.
Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.

A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.

Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> Sometimes it’s about innovation.
> Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
>
> A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
>
> Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.

I’m crushed that they keep taking stuff away to show new stuff. I didn’t cry over the model change of the shotgun in 4/5 even though I prefer the old design.

It’s about staying true to what fans know to be iconic and adding new stuff. I love the railgun. The railgun also didn’t replace anything.

Having iconic weapons removed is not a good thing even if new weapons are awesome and fun.
I’m all for innovation and variety. But not if we have to lose stuff we already had.

I personally want to see every weapon we’ve had and more in one game but thats besides the point.

I can understand where this is coming from. Halo has become synonymous with many assets and in-game elements that have remained present, even earning the coveted labels “classic” and “iconic.” I felt this way about Halo’s original gameplay formula, one that featured simple mechanics and no sprint. As sacred as I hold this to be, along with many of the longstanding visual designs, I do agree that the franchise needs breathing room to evolve and innovate. This belief, coupled with condemnation and mockery by members of the community for wanting a “classic” Halo with no sprint, has taught me that nothing in this franchise is sacred, and that it’s better to “get with the picture” rather than dwell on the things that made you fall in love with the franchise in the first place.

Take my advice. If something you like goes away, don’t ask for it back. Otherwise, you’re labeled as “toxic.” Better to just appreciate what you have when you have it.

I’m personally happy to see some iconic weapons removed where other iconic things return. The Halo 2 BR, Reach AR, Chief looking hot af, and I’m sure plenty of other iconic things will come up.

And it would be nice to see new things become iconic. It would do good for the franchise. I mean Craig is on his way but he’s not quite there.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
>
> A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
>

It’s not that people hate the new designs, it’s that they’re replacing iconic weapon designs that go to combat evolved. I was hoping that these weapons would be new variants that functioned a bit different and the classic designs would still be there and would function the same. I for one actually like these designs especially the bulldog but it will never overtake the classic shotty or magnum for me. Chances are they’ll add the classic designs later after the community outcry but they should really be there at launch. The same thing happened when they replaced the classic rocket and that didn’t go well last time.

> 2533274895787994;1:
> I liked the Pilum in 5 but we should’ve had that and the Spnkr launcher at launch. Would also like them to have different functions to. One have a lock-on for vehicles and the other have a guided missile.
>
> Now with the bulldog and the sidekick. We all know these are awesome fun editions but by the RINGS! They can’t replace the classics. We have had so many different magnums and shotguns throughout the years. I appreciate adding more variety but classics should always be there at launch with there new counterparts.
>
> I really don’t want to wait for an update just to use something I’ve already had.

I completely agree. While I like the new designs they shouldn’t replace the classics and should be variants that function differently. At the very least we’ll get them post launch but still, they should be there day 1.

> 2533274932512744;7:
> > 2533274895787994;1:
> > I liked the Pilum in 5 but we should’ve had that and the Spnkr launcher at launch. Would also like them to have different functions to. One have a lock-on for vehicles and the other have a guided missile.
> >
> > Now with the bulldog and the sidekick. We all know these are awesome fun editions but by the RINGS! They can’t replace the classics. We have had so many different magnums and shotguns throughout the years. I appreciate adding more variety but classics should always be there at launch with there new counterparts.
> >
> > I really don’t want to wait for an update just to use something I’ve already had.
>
> I completely agree. While I like the new designs they shouldn’t replace the classics and should be variants that function differently. At the very least we’ll get them post launch but still, they should be there day 1.

I just really want to know what they were thinking. They know Halo fans are terrifyingly passionate about this franchise, so why’d they have to go and do us this way?

I feel as betrayed as I did with Joel in TLoU2… okay, maybe not that close, or even remotely. But still, it’s a betrayal.

> 2533274837720524;8:
> > 2533274932512744;7:
> > > 2533274895787994;1:
> > > I liked the Pilum in 5 but we should’ve had that and the Spnkr launcher at launch. Would also like them to have different functions to. One have a lock-on for vehicles and the other have a guided missile.
> > >
> > > Now with the bulldog and the sidekick. We all know these are awesome fun editions but by the RINGS! They can’t replace the classics. We have had so many different magnums and shotguns throughout the years. I appreciate adding more variety but classics should always be there at launch with there new counterparts.
> > >
> > > I really don’t want to wait for an update just to use something I’ve already had.
> >
> > I completely agree. While I like the new designs they shouldn’t replace the classics and should be variants that function differently. At the very least we’ll get them post launch but still, they should be there day 1.
>
> I just really want to know what they were thinking. They know Halo fans are terrifyingly passionate about this franchise, so why’d they have to go and do us this way?
>
> I feel as betrayed as I did with Joel in TLoU2… okay, maybe not that close, or even remotely. But still, it’s a betrayal.

Yeah it doesn’t make sense for them to say they’re reverting back to the classic art style while at the same time replace 2 of the most iconic halo weapons. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was a betrayal but yeah it had me bummed out. This all could have been avoided if these new designs were just variants of the classics, in fact if that was the case they probably would have been happily welcomed.

> 2533274932512744;6:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > Sometimes it’s about innovation.
> > Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
> >
> > A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
> >
> > Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.
>
> It’s not that people hate the new designs, it’s that they’re replacing iconic weapon designs that go to combat evolved. I was hoping that these weapons would be new variants that functioned a bit different and the classic designs would still be there and would function the same. I for one actually like these designs especially the bulldog but it will never overtake the classic shotty or magnum for me. Chances are they’ll add the classic designs later after the community outcry but they should really be there at launch. The same thing happened when they replaced the classic rocket and that didn’t go well last time.

Yes, I also hate the new designs. They’re totally meh. Uninspired.

They shouldn’t remove classic style weapons. For example the addition of the commando is great. It enlarge the weapon sandbox with a different purpose weapon. Like :

• AR, rapid fire, close medium range
  • Commando, low fire rate, more damage per shot, better range
  • BR, burst, precision
  • DMR, semi-auto, precision, long range
    I found it better than having weapon variant like H5. You now the purpose of the weapon. Not like you duel a guy with a sniper in H5 not knowing is weapon can OS you anywhere in the body.
    It should be the same with shot gun and pistols
  • sidekick, rapid fire close range
  • magnumn high, medium fire rate, damage medium range

-bulldog, rapid fire close range,

• classic shotgun, better range more damage

> 2533274889662223;4:
> I can understand where this is coming from. Halo has become synonymous with many assets and in-game elements that have remained present, even earning the coveted labels “classic” and “iconic.” I felt this way about Halo’s original gameplay formula, one that featured simple mechanics and no sprint. As sacred as I hold this to be, along with many of the longstanding visual designs, I do agree that the franchise needs breathing room to evolve and innovate. This belief, coupled with condemnation and mockery by members of the community for wanting a “classic” Halo with no sprint, has taught me that nothing in this franchise is sacred, and that it’s better to “get with the picture” rather than dwell on the things that made you fall in love with the franchise in the first place.
>
> Take my advice. If something you like goes away, don’t ask for it back. Otherwise, you’re labeled as “toxic.” Better to just appreciate what you have when you have it.

Sprint in modern Halo is fine to me because I have the luxury of making game types and maps that may or may not feature it. I feel like 5 made it really fun with not being able to recharge shields when running. Its also very fun coupled with thrusters, slide and clamber.

I love new stuff in Halo. I loved the jetpack back then and now the grapple shot (wish it was called hookshot) and i hateded stuff even if it was “cool”: armor lock, groundpound/ spartan charge.

I just don’t want to see stay replaced or held back.

> 2533274882881665;5:
> I’m personally happy to see some iconic weapons removed where other iconic things return. The Halo 2 BR, Reach AR, Chief looking hot af, and I’m sure plenty of other iconic things will come up.
>
> And it would be nice to see new things become iconic. It would do good for the franchise. I mean Craig is on his way but he’s not quite there.

Craig is the Icon of Halo Infinite

> 2533274895787994;13:
> > 2533274882881665;5:
> > I’m personally happy to see some iconic weapons removed where other iconic things return. The Halo 2 BR, Reach AR, Chief looking hot af, and I’m sure plenty of other iconic things will come up.
> >
> > And it would be nice to see new things become iconic. It would do good for the franchise. I mean Craig is on his way but he’s not quite there.
>
> Craig is the Icon of Halo Infinite

Instead of this game being called Halo: Infinite.

It should be called Halo: Craig.

> 2533274925473364;14:
> > 2533274895787994;13:
> > > 2533274882881665;5:
> > > I’m personally happy to see some iconic weapons removed where other iconic things return. The Halo 2 BR, Reach AR, Chief looking hot af, and I’m sure plenty of other iconic things will come up.
> > >
> > > And it would be nice to see new things become iconic. It would do good for the franchise. I mean Craig is on his way but he’s not quite there.
> >
> > Craig is the Icon of Halo Infinite
>
> Instead of this game being called Halo: Infinite.
>
> It should be called Halo: Craig.

Craiglo Infinite

> 2533274865778947;2:
>
>

Getting really sick of “innovation”, a lot of people don’t want to fix something that isn’t broken. Infinite"s harsh criticism shows us that they’ve been “innovating” too much to the point where Halo is unrecognizable from other sci fi shooters, at some point we have to stick up for ourselves and say enough is enough

> 2535412226505972;16:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > Sometimes it’s about innovation.
> > Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
> >
> > A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
> >
> > Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.
>
> Getting really sick of “innovation”, a lot of people don’t want to fix something that isn’t broken. Infinite"s harsh criticism shows us that they’ve been “innovating” too much to the point where Halo is unrecognizable from other sci fi shooters, at some point we have to stick up for ourselves and say enough is enough

Unrecognisable from other shooters, isn’t that the whole point. Halo has always been its own thing. Why do you want the game to be like every other SciFi shooter?

Games change over time, that’s just how it is. It doesn’t matter how much people want to “stick up for themselves”. At this point we’re very unlikely to see any major change to art style, weapons etc, it’s just not going to happen. People are afraid of change, sometimes we just have to accept it.

End of the day it’s a game, it’s not that deep of an issue. I understand people are passionate, believe me I love halo just as much as the next guy but there’s not much point kicking up a fuss over something that won’t change

> 2533274865778947;17:
> > 2535412226505972;16:
> > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > Sometimes it’s about innovation.
> > > Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
> > >
> > > A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
> > >
> > > Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.
> >
> > Getting really sick of “innovation”, a lot of people don’t want to fix something that isn’t broken. Infinite"s harsh criticism shows us that they’ve been “innovating” too much to the point where Halo is unrecognizable from other sci fi shooters, at some point we have to stick up for ourselves and say enough is enough
>
> Unrecognisable from other shooters, isn’t that the whole point. Halo has always been its own thing. Why do you want the game to be like every other SciFi shooter?
>
> Games change over time, that’s just how it is. It doesn’t matter how much people want to “stick up for themselves”. At this point we’re very unlikely to see any major change to art style, weapons etc, it’s just not going to happen. People are afraid of change, sometimes we just have to accept it.
>
> End of the day it’s a game, it’s not that deep of an issue. I understand people are passionate, believe me I love halo just as much as the next guy but there’s not much point kicking up a fuss over something that won’t change

For the most recent Call of Duty went back to basics, they took a step back from all the sci fi garbage and drastic changes to their franchise, actually updated the graphics and made a solid comeback. Not perfect, but it was a step in the right direction. Halo has the potential to do the same but 343 is so hellbent on “making it their own” Halo won’t even feel like Halo anymore, and people can already see that happening from the demo

> 2535412226505972;18:
> > 2533274865778947;17:
> > > 2535412226505972;16:
> > > > 2533274865778947;2:
> > > > Sometimes it’s about innovation.
> > > > Dont get me wrong, I like the classic shotgun and magnum too BUT using the same guns over and over again does get a bit stale.
> > > >
> > > > A fresh take on something isn’t a bad thing. Without change we’d never see innovation. Sometimes we have to embrace something different.
> > > >
> > > > Being crushed over a model of a weapon is a bit much. You’ll be okay.
> > >
> > > Getting really sick of “innovation”, a lot of people don’t want to fix something that isn’t broken. Infinite"s harsh criticism shows us that they’ve been “innovating” too much to the point where Halo is unrecognizable from other sci fi shooters, at some point we have to stick up for ourselves and say enough is enough
> >
> > Unrecognisable from other shooters, isn’t that the whole point. Halo has always been its own thing. Why do you want the game to be like every other SciFi shooter?
> >
> > Games change over time, that’s just how it is. It doesn’t matter how much people want to “stick up for themselves”. At this point we’re very unlikely to see any major change to art style, weapons etc, it’s just not going to happen. People are afraid of change, sometimes we just have to accept it.
> >
> > End of the day it’s a game, it’s not that deep of an issue. I understand people are passionate, believe me I love halo just as much as the next guy but there’s not much point kicking up a fuss over something that won’t change
>
> For the most recent Call of Duty went back to basics, they took a step back from all the sci fi garbage and drastic changes to their franchise, actually updated the graphics and made a solid comeback. Not perfect, but it was a step in the right direction. Halo has the potential to do the same but 343 is so hellbent on “making it their own” Halo won’t even feel like Halo anymore, and people can already see that happening from the demo

I think it really depends on what you define Halo as being.

Art Style? Story? Gameplay?

To me, it’s story, gameplay and the fun I can have with friends. If it has master chief, set in the halo universe I’m fine with it.
If it’s a FPS, has alien & human weapons, feels nice. I’m cool with it.

I’d understand if the game looked radically different and weird but it still looks like Halo. It looks like it feels like Halo. I don’t think 343 have really strayed too far off the path of what Halo is if I’m being honest. Is it different? Yes, of course. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

I simply can’t understand the logic. What is 343i’s reasoning?
“Oh. People want Halo to return to its roots? Let’s continue to strip the game of the weapons and the iconic designs gamers associate with the Halo brand.”
It just doesn’t make sense.