Crouching while Strafing: Does it work?

Most skilled players “strafe”, which is typically moving in some sort of side-to-side pattern while shooting to try and dodge incoming bullets. Every once in a while I’ll come across a player in matchmaking that seems to do a quick crouch while strafing to try and throw me off. Personally, it doesn’t throw me off, and I feel it would be a hassle to try and do myself (i’ve tried it, failed miserably).

If there is anyone out there that does this, please explain your reasoning. Does that quick crouch make your shots more accurate? Do you survive more DMR battles? Make people rage? Please enlighten me!

Crouching decreases the bloom on the DMR, thus making it more accurate.

Crouching in real life while shooting a weapon makes it more accurate too (for me that is.)

> Crouching decreases the bloom on the DMR, thus making it more accurate.

That might be true, but I find it difficult to see how that one quick crouch really affects one’s shots.

It works but it’s tricky. It throws off your opponents aim IF they don’t see it coming. It only works if your not predictable with it. It also reduces bloom if you start firing from a crouch, which makes bloom easier to deal with and makes headshots harder for your opponent.

Personally, i don’t do it all that often. It throws off my aim while trying to follow the other guy so my shots hit. Then again, my thumbsticks are in bad shape.

The most funniest thing i seen was someone crouch strafing with an AR on multiple occasions. Suffice to say, he was really trying hard to be an AR Pro. I

Crouching while strafing, you can’t explain that.

> Crouching while strafing, you can’t explain that.

CROUCH STRAFING CAUSES TIDES!

> It works but it’s tricky. It throws off your opponents aim IF they don’t see it coming. It only works if your not predictable with it. It also reduces bloom if you start firing from a crouch, which makes bloom easier to deal with and makes headshots harder for your opponent.
>
> Personally, i don’t do it all that often. It throws off my aim while trying to follow the other guy so my shots hit. Then again, my thumbsticks are in bad shape.
>
> The most funniest thing i seen was someone crouch strafing with an AR on multiple occasions. Suffice to say, he was really trying hard to be an AR Pro. I

I guess I have quick reaction times because it really never catches me off guard. I feel its easier for me to aim down than the opponent to aim upwards, and I still don’t see how one quick crouch while strafing really improves your aim. I mean, you have to argue that if they’re pro enough to crouch strafe, they’re pro enough to pace.

“AR Pro”. Lol’d. Doesn’t exist. Crouch + AR = automatic -Yoink!-.

> …an AR Pro.

Now that’s a contradiction in itself if I’ve ever seen one! LOL

I have never seen anyone do this when fighting me. If they did I’d tacobag them for looking stupid. XP

I do this all the time, however i don’t do it for the less bloom factor as it would be useless in a strafing situation, rather to dodge enemy fire and they should miss TWO shots assuming they expected me to strafe to the right and then back to the left and i get a free shot on him while he misses. Thats the point of crouching while strafing.

> I do this all the time, however i don’t do it for the less bloom factor as it would be useless in a strafing situation, rather to dodge enemy fire and they should miss TWO shots assuming they expected me to strafe to the right and then back to the left and i get a free shot on him while he misses. Thats the point of crouching while strafing.

It seems like a lot of effort to possibly get the opponent to miss two shots. If the opponent is horrible, I can total see this as a legitimate tactic. To players that have been around for a while, it seems like its only a tactic that tries to make people seem “pro”.