Crouch shooting

is anybody else tired of seeing -Yoink- canoes crouch to juke people out? Nothing frustrates me more than this because it reminds me of drop shooting in cod. Which is another mechanism that is designed for another reason not to juke shots. I don’t entirely blame people for doing it, I blame 343 for not realizing that their crouch would end up being used for juking shots. I’m all for using you thrusters or jumping or strafing. But the crouching needs to go. It’s absolutly rediculous. All they have to do is make the kill box the same as if they where standing. Unless it’s a sniper shot. I would enjoy the game 100% more if I knew crouching wasn’t utilized for bs

Well, if you’re missing because of it then their tactic is working.

Exactly my point it shouldn’t work or be an option as a tactic

> 2533274818109890;3:
> Exactly my point it shouldn’t work or be an option as a tactic

But this has always been a thing in Halo, and it adds to the skillgap. Anything that adds to the skillgap is fine with me, even if it’s just a tiny bit.

Crouching to make your hitbox smaller has been a legitimate tactic since the very early days of fps games. (Going all the way back to the Quake series)

I don’t see the big deal, it’s not that difficult to counter in Halo, by crouching you make yourself much slower and limit your ability to make your movement unpredictable

You’re complaining about a feature of the game doing what it’s supposed to do. Crouching in Halo is hardly “juking”. You fumble for maybe a quarter of a second when they do it. They also make themselves sitting ducks when they do it as well.
It’s like when someone complains about a sniper camping at a vantage point. It is a legitimate strategy.

And for your solution on the matter, making the hit boxes the same would be a bad idea. Then there is literally no point to crouching behind cover since they can just shoot above it and hit you. Besides, I think console games like this use bullet magnetism to replace hit boxes.

Um. Get over it.

> 2533274818109890;3:
> Exactly my point it shouldn’t work or be an option as a tactic

So…did this bother you when Bungie had the same features available then?

Yeah it has been in halo but never used to the point that you run into it EVERY game. I’ve seen players crouch while in the air 20 times because they spent well over a hundred dollars on some controller. To me it’s just rediculous and takes away the fun in the game when I see players manipulate crouching to throw shots off. I understand halos competitive and I love that it’s just some people don’t know how to draw the line

i hate De-crouching. its annoying when you are trying to get cover and a tiny bullet makes you stand up. i never liked that part in halo. personally i would love an armor mod where i can’t be descoped or decrouched. How about an anti-negative armor mod. instead of extra boost, and extra shield and extra radar. i would love an armor mod to try where there is no decrouch, no descope, no stopping you when you are sprinting n stopping you from doing a spartan charge and your shields can recharge while sprinting.

> 2533274800212919;10:
> i hate De-crouching. its annoying when you are trying to get cover and a tiny bullet makes you stand up. i never liked that part in halo. personally i would love an armor mod where i can’t be descoped or decrouched. How about an anti-negative armor mod. instead of extra boost, and extra shield and extra radar. i would love an armor mod to try where there is no decrouch, no descope, no stopping you when you are sprinting n stopping you from doing a spartan charge and your shields can recharge while sprinting.

Are you sure de-crouching is a thing? I’ve never felt or seen it happen.

Because it’s not a thing

> 2533274818109890;9:
> Yeah it has been in halo but never used to the point that you run into it EVERY game. I’ve seen players crouch while in the air 20 times because they spent well over a hundred dollars on some controller. To me it’s just rediculous and takes away the fun in the game when I see players manipulate crouching to throw shots off. I understand halos competitive and I love that it’s just some people don’t know how to draw the line

I’m not really sure what the cost of a controller has to do with regards to crouching.

Regardless, it’s happened in EVERY game. It’s not new or more frequent in Halo 5.

> 2533274818109890;9:
> Yeah it has been in halo but never used to the point that you run into it EVERY game. I’ve seen players crouch while in the air 20 times because they spent well over a hundred dollars on some controller. To me it’s just rediculous and takes away the fun in the game when I see players manipulate crouching to throw shots off. I understand halos competitive and I love that it’s just some people don’t know how to draw the line

I used to do it with a normal controller all the time, I switched to Bumper Jumper and now I can still strafe really well without crouching.

> 2533274800212919;10:
> i hate De-crouching. its annoying when you are trying to get cover and a tiny bullet makes you stand up. i never liked that part in halo. personally i would love an armor mod where i can’t be descoped or decrouched. How about an anti-negative armor mod. instead of extra boost, and extra shield and extra radar. i would love an armor mod to try where there is no decrouch, no descope, no stopping you when you are sprinting n stopping you from doing a spartan charge and your shields can recharge while sprinting.

That would be a nightmare. People would just hit and run, knowing that their shield can recharge while they get away if their enemy stops shooting to follow.

The actual problem with crouch shooting in this game is the fact that you don’t “uncrouch” when you’re hit. I’m pretty sure this was an issue in Halo 4 as well.

I feel like it’s a nooby tactic, but maybe there is some measure of skill to doing it?

You obviously haven’t played enough halo to realize that it has become more frequent

Well technically it’s a lot easier to crouch in midair if you have the elite controller, or some other controller with paddles on the back, other than that though…

> 2533274818109890;17:
> You obviously haven’t played enough halo to realize that it has become more frequent

Trust me, I play plenty.

> 2535446429352181;16:
> The actual problem with crouch shooting in this game is the fact that you don’t “uncrouch” when you’re hit. I’m pretty sure this was an issue in Halo 4 as well.
>
> I feel like it’s a nooby tactic, but maybe there is some measure of skill to doing it?

I’d say that it is a type of strafe, or something that you can add to your strafe to improve it. It actually is pretty hard to spam crouch while keeping an aim on the enemy and shooting them, so I wouldn’t say that it’s nooby.