Crouch Jumping Is Gone

EDIT: This topic is about the glitch where you disappear from the motion tracker by jumping around while crouched NOT jumping and crouching to reach higher ledges

With deep sadness, amidst the joy of having the final Halo 5 free DLC, something dear was taken from us. A button combo that gave a strategic advantage to surprise your enemy. Maybe not everyone knew about it, but its absence will be sorrow for those who did.

In case you don’t know what i’m talking about already, allow me to explain; before this last update there was a technique that allowed you to be fast (enough) without being visible on the motion tracker. This was done by holding the crouch button and jumping, also slide jumping while holding the same button.

With the Firefight update it has been, regrettably, removed. Let us all try to adapt to it being lost, as it’s never coming back.

I apologize for all the drama, but this was an important feature that added a lot to the (Arena) games for me and seeing it go away saddens me.

It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.

> 2533274890584596;2:
> It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.

While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.

A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).

Clamber is the same thing essentially

> 2533274982539711;4:
> Clamber is the same thing essentially

That’s not what OP is talking about. If you crouch jumped in the air you wouldn’t show up on the motion sensor, no matter how fast you were going. They simply patched that exploit. You can still crouch jump, but you show up on the motion sensor. I didn’t even know it was a thing until I read to patch notes. I’m such a noob.

No.You still have to crouch in the air to reach certain clambers. Its still there.

EDIT: Nust read op. I dont care about that.

> 2533274963936070;3:
> > 2533274890584596;2:
> > It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.
>
>
> While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.
>
> A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).

Wonder what was their argument for keeping radar in competitive, as I always forget.

> 2533274982539711;4:
> Clamber is the same thing essentially

Not better in the sense of how it operates, but the height is certainly comparable if not better.

> 2533274968707582;7:
> > 2533274963936070;3:
> > > 2533274890584596;2:
> > > It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.
> >
> >
> > While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.
> >
> > A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).
>
>
> Wonder what was their argument for keeping radar in competitive, as I always forget.

I don’t think there even is an argument except that people want it that way.

> 2533274963936070;9:
> > 2533274968707582;7:
> > > 2533274963936070;3:
> > > > 2533274890584596;2:
> > > > It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.
> > >
> > >
> > > While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.
> > >
> > > A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).
> >
> >
> > Wonder what was their argument for keeping radar in competitive, as I always forget.
>
>
> I don’t think there even is an argument except that people want it that way.

It’s to promote engagements when Spartans are close together on a map. What’s wrong with that argument?

> 2533274837186882;10:
> > 2533274963936070;9:
> > > 2533274968707582;7:
> > > > 2533274963936070;3:
> > > > > 2533274890584596;2:
> > > > > It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.
> > > >
> > > > A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).
> > >
> > >
> > > Wonder what was their argument for keeping radar in competitive, as I always forget.
> >
> >
> > I don’t think there even is an argument except that people want it that way.
>
>
> It’s to promote engagements when Spartans are close together on a map. What’s wrong with that argument?

A huge element of competitive Halo is awareness of enemy locations when preventing a flank and being able to actually flank. Motion tracker, unfortunately, eliminates that.

I know that not all players prefer that and I understand where they are coming from, but Arena mode in Halo 5 was disigned to be as competitive as possible and motion tracker just does not fit into that equation.

Don’t get me wrong, though, as i’m not trying to argue the removal of it (I would much rather have a seperate playlist without it but know it wouldn’t be so popular) but simply stating that the patched glitch gave a middle ground to those who try to flank and stay hidden at the price of compromising mobility.

Well there is a different jump similar to crouch jumping. I think. I am not sure if it is related at all, but it does occur when you integrate your smart-link, crouch, and maybe A?

> 2533274961306591;5:
> > 2533274982539711;4:
> > Clamber is the same thing essentially
>
>
> That’s not what OP is talking about. If you crouch jumped in the air you wouldn’t show up on the motion sensor, no matter how fast you were going. They simply patched that exploit. You can still crouch jump, but you show up on the motion sensor. I didn’t even know it was a thing until I read to patch notes. I’m such a noob.

We’re on the onion today… lol OP, your title is a little missleading.

> 2533274963936070;3:
> > 2533274890584596;2:
> > It was a glitch that allowed players to get around the idiotic inclusion of motion tracker in competitive team games and make actual flanks. So, how about we just remove motion tracker and then we don’t need glitches to stay off the stupid thing? You know, like the competitive settings for every single prior Halo game? I mean, I get why people are attached to it, but it wouldn’t even be a factor if 343 would just implement settings that actually make sense.
>
>
> While I agree with you on that competitive settings would be optimal, we can’t ignore the fact that it would most likely impact population numbers negatively as a lot of people don’t agree with them. Adding another, competitive, playlist could be an option if not that most people would not play it and population numbers for it would, most likely, be at an all time low.
>
> A middle ground to all this was that beloved glitch that made Halo 5 that much more strategic without compromising what a large portion of the population regard as a must (motion tracker).

I think we absolutely can ignore that, because 343’s trash compromise sucks for both parties. You have the casual kids who think staring constantly at their motion tracker is the height of strategic depth and awareness in Team game types and you have the competitive players (the ones that aren’t suffering from Halo 5 Stockholm Syndrome) who want it removed, because it gives players free information, ruins flanks, encourages sitting still, and discourages movement. Nobody is excited by the smaller motion tracker we have now. I seriously doubt that the casuals who whine about it now would all stop playing if it was removed if they haven’t already and its removal (from team playlists) would be nothing but a huge improvement to the competitive merit of the title. And that’s just assuming 343 are too up their own posteriors about their stupid notion of universal settings to just make separate competitive and casual settings.

343 needs to stop compromising their mechanics for the assumed desires of the lowest common denominator (hence sprint, motion tracker, clamber, overpowered automatics, etc), grow a pair, and make an actual, respectable Halo game. After 2 games of this crap, I just don’t have any confidence that they will do any such thing.

I never knew how to do it…haha

I never knew how to do it…haha

I don’t really mind it gone, its a cool tactic don’t get me wrong. I just don’t use it.

I actually did this often without realizing it was a glitch. I noticed because I pay a lot of attention to my radar. RIP Crouch Jumping

I wish they kept it, radar sucks.

I have played halo on Xbox live since halo 3 (played offline since halo 2) and I can’t remember playing any playlist without motion tracker except for swat. Unsure what you guys are on about with removing it. (Can someone enlighten me please, or have I misread the post)

As someone who loves the game I’m personally a bit over everyone whinging about how it’s “not halo” and wanting 343 to go backwards. It may not be the same but nothing is going to change.