Crosspost from Bungie.net Forum: Limited Ed.

From Bungie.net, here’s a forum post about OP cancelling his LE of Halo 4:

> I called my local Gamestop. I told him I wanted to cancel my Halo 4 LE pre-order. He said at least 120 people cancelled their pre-order. And that they only had 80 or so pre-orders still active. It was sold out 2 months ago, and pre-orders started getting cancelled since Sunday.
>
> EDIT: Keep in mind that I live on a Military base, so most the people here keep themselves updated.
>
>
> Whaaa?!!

Discuss how the latest revelations about the LE is causing mass cancellations.

(Link to post)

Word of a plight stretches far and wide.

I just canceled mine today. It took like 5 disappointments to get me to that point, though.

That’s good to know. I uncanceled my LE too.

While I doubt gamestop would actually tell customers how many got cancelled, I’m about to cancel mine too.

Maybe if 343i cleared up all these issues a few months ago, I’d be ok.
I’ll wait until tonight’s bulletin to see if they have responded with any good news.

> From Bungie.net, here’s a forum post about OP cancelling his LE of Halo 4:
>
>
>
> > I called my local Gamestop. I told him I wanted to cancel my Halo 4 LE pre-order. He said at least 120 people cancelled their pre-order. And that they only had 80 or so pre-orders still active. It was sold out 2 months ago, and pre-orders started getting cancelled since Sunday.
> >
> > EDIT: Keep in mind that I live on a Military base, so most the people here keep themselves updated.
> >
> >
> > Whaaa?!!
>
> Discuss how the latest revelations about the LE is causing mass cancellations.
>
> (Link to post)

Already posted here:
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst122214_LE-pre-orders-drop-by-over-50--locally.aspx

LE cancelled also. -Yoink!- & 343i D O N ’ T L I E or D E C E I V E your customers!!!

I honestly don’t get why people are cancelling their pre-orders. If you factor in both the War Games map pass and FUD then it’s actually cheaper to get the Limited Edition, plus you get more extra content then you would otherwise.

They’re overreacting with the Specializations thing, we still get the Map Packs.

> I honestly don’t get why people are cancelling their pre-orders. If you factor in both the War Games map pass and FUD then it’s actually cheaper to get the Limited Edition, plus you get more extra content then you would otherwise.

(I never preordered LE - was too late) but here would be my reasoning. While yes the map pack already comes in. And a few skins and such… (like 2 bucks worth) I don’t find that the FUD stream adds anything to it. It’s a stream… it’ll be on youtube/somewhere almost instantly. Most people probably expected a DVD. It also comes with those papers/booklets/whatevs. If you feel that that is worth it go ahead. But for me to pay that much I’d almost expect and original soundtrack bundled with it. and more in game exclusives.

> > I honestly don’t get why people are cancelling their pre-orders. If you factor in both the War Games map pass and FUD then it’s actually cheaper to get the Limited Edition, plus you get more extra content then you would otherwise.
>
> (I never preordered LE - was too late) but here would be my reasoning. While yes the map pack already comes in. And a few skins and such… (like 2 bucks worth) I don’t find that the FUD stream adds anything to it. It’s a stream… it’ll be on youtube/somewhere almost instantly. Most people probably expected a DVD. It also comes with those papers/booklets/whatevs. If you feel that that is worth it go ahead. But for me to pay that much I’d almost expect and original soundtrack bundled with it. and more in game exclusives.

Pretty much this. A stream means we don’t actually get to own it in any way. I mean, I can watch the individual episodes on Halo Waypoint for free. Are we supposed to be paying to eliminate clicking next episode in between each one?

I downgraded mine a long time ago. For just a tiny bit more money. you get the standard edition, war games pass with 2 helmets (sold separately. Different from the map pass you get with LE), and a hard disk copy of FUD when it gets released on dvd and blu-ray instead of a streaming copy.

I don’t blame 343. they’re still good to me. I blame the Microsoft butthats for all these bait and switch tactics

> While I doubt gamestop would actually tell customers how many got cancelled, I’m about to cancel mine too.

Not at all dude. Gamestop employees and manangers, at least round my way are pretty chill people. If you ask they would tell you how many pre orders they have or have canceled etc

The main point around having the Specs early was that LE buyers could use classes first that others couldnt. Its like a bonus for getting LE you are able to unlock skins armor and abilities most other players wont be able to right away. Yea we get the map packs but with this happening it just isnt as appealing. (and i want the 2 helmets and other emeblem too…)