crosshair.....

I recently bought a set of sticker thingies that stick to the monitor to help me find the crosshair in games. I used Gears 3 as the marker as I play that a ton… now I fired up Reach for the first time in ages and the crosshair is centered on the screen but way down from the center of the screen., will this be fixed in Halo 4? on a side note the crosshair is a little off on Halo anniversary, nothing major. Most games the crosshair is where I expected to be this would be the exact center of the screen.

?

> I recently bought a set of sticker thingies that stick to the monitor to help me find the crosshair in games. I used Gears 3 as the marker as I play that a ton… now I fired up Reach for the first time in ages and the crosshair is centered on the screen but way down from the center of the screen., will this be fixed in Halo 4? on a side note the crosshair is a little off on Halo anniversary, nothing major. Most games the crosshair is where I expected to be this would be the exact center of the screen.

I think the reasoning for it being lower is so you can see more in front of you or something.

Its been like that since halo 2. Have you only just noticed or what? First time i put in halo 2, i totally thought my TV was broken though lol.

Its better this way, you have more space to see directly in front of you, and less screen space taken up by the gun model.

It’s not a standard thing so it takes a while to get used to. But it’s more logical for a 16:9 format. Also, the crosshair is level with the gun this way.
You get used to this within weeks, just like you get used to the “from the helmet POV” (curved HUD etc.)

> Its been like that since halo 2. Have you only just noticed or what? First time i put in halo 2, i totally thought my TV was broken though lol.
>
> Its better this way, you have more space to see directly in front of you, and less screen space taken up by the gun model.

I’m just gonna quote him for truth and leave.

> Its been like that since halo 2. Have you only just noticed or what? First time i put in halo 2, i totally thought my TV was broken though lol.
>
> Its better this way, you have more space to see directly in front of you, and less screen space taken up by the gun model.

I never noticed this at all! after I read this I HAD to see it. sure enough it is every Halo FPS since halo 1, also I never saw it but did feel it it was wrong to me. Still want it centered… :wink:

Its been working for years not centered so why change something that isn’t broken?

agreed it’s not broken… but for some like myself it looks and feels wrong, and takes time to get used to, I often felt I was looking at the floor too much due to the crosshair placement never knew why till recently.

The reason for it being lower than the exact center is to offset the “shooting from the face” that often happens when hiding behind cover.

You know, like when someone has just a sliver of their head peeping over a wall and they still snipe you? If the crosshair was dead center, this would occur even more often. With it lower, they have to at least peep some of their head over before they can see you too.

Every halo game has had the reticule on the lower half of the screen.

I think it’s like that do to the vertical nature of halo gameplay. You’re having to look up a lot and you rarely have to look down so you may as well make the upper part of the screen bigger.