Cross Platform. Is it a thing now?

I have been very curious as to how 343 will go about with the cross platform deal. Most of my buds are usually playing PC, and as a owner of a Xbox One, it would nice to play with them. Does anyone have any news on this, my curiousness is getting the best of me to know.

There is no Cross-play.

Yup confirmed no cross play. I wouldn’t mind it for custom games but I’m ok with it not being their

I want this so badly. Ill get my chance to beat up pc players with a controller and make them rage lol

It’s not happening. I still believe it is a mistake. Because the game has a coop campaign + a coop firefight like mode. I’m playing on PC. I wouldn’t care if my friend isn’t as good/fast as me. We’re going up against AI and just playing together for fun. I don’t see any negatives for allowing cross play for cooperative PvE modes.

> 2533274808136583;4:
> I want this so badly. Ill get my chance to beat up pc players with a controller and make them rage lol

You may beat new players on pc, but from a console and pc player (check my halo 5 level if you think I’m lying), PC would bring ruin to Xbox players with its precision.

We already had a discussion about crossplay on HW: D section. What surprise me most it that some people actually think it could be somehow bad thing? If it’s implemented perfectly there is no way it could be a problem somehow? Seems like it’s not happening and PC-version is doomed, but lets hope they still might get their crap together and do it post-release?
Bwlow copypaste from HW: D forum on this same topic.

I feel some people tend to take gaming way too seriously now-days, and also here in forums when talking about this. I play with controller always because i sit at computer all days long at work, gaming should be relaxing and opposite of working. So i want to be as far as possible from this “office chair” -setup as possible while playing. However i don’t give a crap what others are doing or how what they prefer, it’s none of my business. But me, just want to have fun and it’s controller all the way. I really don’t care who wins, but appropriate tight matches and fair play. To me it’s totally fine if someone has M & KB, or bigger TV, or faster fingers.
So far following games have been very much fun while playing with controller against KB & M: Rainbow Six Siege, Gears of War 4, i occasionally play those with PC using Xbox One Elite controller -> Definitely fun even might a little disadvantage, especially on Siege. Gears 4 I’m not so sure which method even is better due to having so much CQB with Gnashers. Controller is pretty solid on those fights. Glad to see Coalition is already looking into improving cross-play options.
When talking about cross play this simple solution to take note on those “serious gamers” that tend to whine about advantage or disadvantage is to implement cross-play and have following options in place:
Option 1: Play only on own platform: Yes/No
Option 2: Allow control method: Controller / Mouse & KB / Both

This would solve all the problems and might would save Halo Wars games on PC from too low player population too fast. I wrote about this same never-ending story on Gears forums in October when it came clear that only co-op can be played cross-play. Definitely better than nothing, so this the minimum requirement on Halo Wars games. Some sort of cross-player matchmaking on top of that would definitely add value. (so that Xbox Player could play matchmaking with buddy on PC and vice versa)
I think if want to see PC-version alive with big population at year from now we definitely need Crossplay. The game doing well on PC is good for Xbox One version support in long too, and vice versa. We all want game to do good in long run right?

Many people prefer to be patronised instead of gaining experience themselves. And others believe in stereotypes and they do not want to change their minds about it until they get it nevertheless. Then they will see that it isn’t that bad as they thought. .

^ And some prefer the truth :wink:

> 2533274944621319;6:
> > 2533274808136583;4:
> > I want this so badly. Ill get my chance to beat up pc players with a controller and make them rage lol
>
> You may beat new players on pc, but from a console and pc player (check my halo 5 level if you think I’m lying), PC would bring ruin to Xbox players with its precision.

what does ur halo 5 record have to do with an RTS… lol… especially an RTS as simplified as Halo Wars… I have more hours on console RTS than anyone… Im sure ill do just fine :slight_smile:

> 2533274808136583;10:
> > 2533274944621319;6:
> > > 2533274808136583;4:
> > > I want this so badly. Ill get my chance to beat up pc players with a controller and make them rage lol
> >
> > You may beat new players on pc, but from a console and pc player (check my halo 5 level if you think I’m lying), PC would bring ruin to Xbox players with its precision.
>
> what does ur halo 5 record have to do with an RTS… lol… especially an RTS as simplified as Halo Wars… I have more hours on console RTS than anyone… Im sure ill do just fine :slight_smile:

I highly doubt that, go play a controller/mouse+kb compatible game on pc with a controller against some mouse users. Also, hours means nothing about skill, especially skill that cannot best the precision of a m/kb

Keyboard/mouse will always be better than controller on an RTS. Sure, there will always be a possible skill gap if there was cross platform play, but it’s so much easier to navigate and micro on PC.

> 2533274850493408;12:
> Keyboard/mouse will always be better than controller on an RTS. Sure, there will always be a possible skill gap if there was cross platform play, but it’s so much easier to navigate and micro on PC.

True Story

I picked up Halo Wars 2 and have pretty much played it exclusively on PC and I absolutely love it.

Cross platform would definitely be nice. To do it they simple force the PC player to use a controller. It isn’t hard at all.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks.