Criticism and positives both need to be addressed

So since I have not seen a lot of this brought up, only super negative or super positive thoughts, I feel like it has to be said.
While criticism and a desire for improvements are always good when something obviously needs fixed, screaming the death of halo is not going to help. The same goes for blindly supporting something that clearly has flaws because it has the name Halo on the box. We need to acknowledge the criticisms as well as the positives so 343 can adjust things so we can try and get the game we all want. Im going to try and break down my positives I think most of us agree on, and the criticisms with possible fixes. I have my own opinions but I’m just going to list what I think the communities overall opinions are.

Positives
-Story that we have seen so far feels much better than halo 5 and the characters seem much more interesting.
-Art style seems on point, we got back some classic looks and blended 4/5 styles into it as well.
-The music was phenomenal! listening to it just reminds me of playing halo 3 for the first time. If what we haven’t heard yet is as good or better than what we did hear, infinites soundtrack will be amazing.

Negatives, with possible fixes
-Graphical fidelity. It needs to be fixed. Whether it was a lighting issue, textures, glitches, or whatever, infinite did not look like a game for this generation. The fix is that it needs to be fixed.
-Sprint (and other movement mechanics). Yes the long time debate. It is in the game and I don’t think they will remove it, but what they can do as a fix is limit it to campaign only. I think that is an acceptable middle ground in the community as the issue of sprint seems to mostly concerned with its existence in multiplayer. We can go one step further and create a skull for Infinite that removes all the 343 era movement mechanics and makes it play like 1-3 halo movement. Call it something like “nostalgia legs”. Of course campaign levels would have to designed to work with out sprint and clamber, but I think having that toggle would be acceptable to everyone.
-The shield hexagons in the hud. Yah those are annoying and intrusive. I would tone them back or add a slider in options to make as visible as one wants, or completely turn them off.

Toss ups?
-Larger weapon sandbox. I think more diverse sandbox would be fun but 343 must have the original weapons and looks as well as anything new.
-Linear open world. Halo does not need to become the next Witcher but having options to approach objectives would work. This is similar to the older halo games where we would have to complete objectives but we could pick the order we wanted to do them in or how we do it. It is risky but let’s see if they can pull it off.

If there are any other thoughts you think the community would agree is good, needs fixed, or is a toss up, let me know and I will try and added it to my list.
Though work needs to be done and maybe it already has and we haven’t seen it yet, we need to as a community not only tell 343 the parts we didn’t like but also the parts we did so they know what they did was good and to do more of it. I hope 343 can pull this off. I think we all want this to be a good halo game, but we need to make sure we call out the problems when we see them and highlight the positives so companies like 343 know they are on the right path.

This game could make halo great again or break it for good I’m hoping for it being a great game

Since they are saying that the game is going to be a ten year project I think they are essentially counting on improving the graphics post-launch.

I’m not too bothered by that and am really looking forward to playing it. For all those that don’t find that acceptable, I totally understand too.

> 2533274959757527;2:
> This game could make halo great again or break it for good I’m hoping for it being a great game

Same thought. What we saw gives enough stuff to be excited for but also concerned. All we can do is hope right now and provide useful feedback.

> 2533274801626781;3:
> Since they are saying that the game is going to be a ten year project I think they are essentially counting on improving the graphics post-launch.
>
> I’m not too bothered by that and am really looking forward to playing it. For all those that don’t find that acceptable, I totally understand too.

The list was basically what I thought the halo community would agree on for each topic. Mine own thoughts are similar but I am going to play infinite and probably really like it either way.

> 2533275072661177;1:
> So since I have not seen a lot of this brought up, only super negative or super positive thoughts, I feel like it has to be said.
> While criticism and a desire for improvements are always good when something obviously needs fixed, screaming the death of halo is not going to help. The same goes for blindly supporting something that clearly has flaws because it has the name Halo on the box. We need to acknowledge the criticisms as well as the positives so 343 can adjust things so we can try and get the game we all want. Im going to try and break down my positives I think most of us agree on, and the criticisms with possible fixes. I have my own opinions but I’m just going to list what I think the communities overall opinions are.
>
> Positives
> -Story that we have seen so far feels much better than halo 5 and the characters seem much more interesting.
> -Art style seems on point, we got back some classic looks and blended 4/5 styles into it as well.
> -The music was phenomenal! listening to it just reminds me of playing halo 3 for the first time. If what we haven’t heard yet is as good or better than what we did hear, infinites soundtrack will be amazing.
>
> Negatives, with possible fixes
> -Graphical fidelity. It needs to be fixed. Whether it was a lighting issue, textures, glitches, or whatever, infinite did not look like a game for this generation. The fix is that it needs to be fixed.
> -Sprint (and other movement mechanics). Yes the long time debate. It is in the game and I don’t think they will remove it, but what they can do as a fix is limit it to campaign only. I think that is an acceptable middle ground in the community as the issue of sprint seems to mostly concerned with its existence in multiplayer. We can go one step further and create a skull for Infinite that removes all the 343 era movement mechanics and makes it play like 1-3 halo movement. Call it something like “nostalgia legs”. Of course campaign levels would have to designed to work with out sprint and clamber, but I think having that toggle would be acceptable to everyone.
> -The shield hexagons in the hud. Yah those are annoying and intrusive. I would tone them back or add a slider in options to make as visible as one wants, or completely turn them off.
>
> Toss ups?
> -Larger weapon sandbox. I think more diverse sandbox would be fun but 343 must have the original weapons and looks as well as anything new.
> -Linear open world. Halo does not need to become the next Witcher but having options to approach objectives would work. This is similar to the older halo games where we would have to complete objectives but we could pick the order we wanted to do them in or how we do it. It is risky but let’s see if they can pull it off.
>
> If there are any other thoughts you think the community would agree is good, needs fixed, or is a toss up, let me know and I will try and added it to my list.
> Though work needs to be done and maybe it already has and we haven’t seen it yet, we need to as a community not only tell 343 the parts we didn’t like but also the parts we did so they know what they did was good and to do more of it. I hope 343 can pull this off. I think we all want this to be a good halo game, but we need to make sure we call out the problems when we see them and highlight the positives so companies like 343 know they are on the right path.

It’s difficult to look at the positives when the easily fixable negatives like sprint have been around for years