Crimson Maps Fail

We have large maps that came with the game that arn’t even used in BTB matchmaking yet you are releasing 3 more maps that are all large enough for vehicles?

I guess vehicles are what appeal to 12 year olds but for anyone who plays competitively we want small maps for 4vs4 or 2vs2… oh wait we don’t need 2vs2 maps because doubles is a rotating playlist anyways. What an absolute joke.

I think they should just make a new DLC with Guardian Lockout and The Pit because this is turning out to be a piss poor game

When I watched the trailer I was like “these maps are already in the game” lol, then the epic music started and I couldn’t pay attention in the video, only to the epic music… err I think I’ll buy em.

Give 343 some time! It’s their first official game ever. Some future DLC would fix your problem, and and update or two should fix all of the other problems. But yeah this game is basically a beta, but so far every Halo game has started out as such.

i think they should fix the game first before they shoot out dlc.
but ya i do agree with you.

They don’t listen to the playerbase

> anyone who plays competitively

Unless you are in a league please shut the -Yoink- up about “playing competitively”.

That said, I would not mind small maps.

Well I use to play on my 50 in Halo 3 which s pretty competitive, but we don’t even have real ranks now so I guess it doesn’t matter anyways. Lets just put vehicles on every damn map since that is what takes real skill.

I’m not saying that vehicles are bad… they add some strategy and map control into a match but lets be honest here it doesn’t take much skill to get in a mantis and kill a guy running around with a DMR. I don’t find using vehicles fun, nor do I find using plasma pistol and stickys to kill them fun even when I succeed

> We have large maps that came with the game that arn’t even used in BTB matchmaking yet you are releasing 3 more maps that are all large enough for vehicles?
>
> I guess vehicles are what appeal to 12 year olds but for anyone who plays competitively we want small maps for 4vs4 or 2vs2… oh wait we don’t need 2vs2 maps because doubles is a rotating playlist anyways. What an absolute joke.

So freaking agreed man, for those of you people who don’t know, there are 13 maps in Halo 4. Only 10 maps are online for some reason. The 3 maps that aren’t online are Impact, Ravine and Erosion. Ravine and Erosion are BTB maps and impack is a small map.

Its just very weird why they would do this…

Unfortunately, it seems like all the map packs are all for larger maps. If the regular 4 v 4 wasn’t boring enough with such limited map selection, it is only going to be worse, because there will be just more big team maps.

The good news is, whenever they release a MLG playlist, there are some good remakes of Guardian, Sanctuary, and Lockout out there. You put those with Haven, maybe a Pit remake, and maybe a few Halo 4 custom maps, could be the making of a good play list. Chances are though, this playlist won’t be available until at least the ranking system is implemented.

> We have large maps that came with the game that arn’t even used in BTB matchmaking yet you are releasing 3 more maps that are all large enough for vehicles?
>
> I guess vehicles are what appeal to 12 year olds but for anyone who plays competitively we want small maps for 4vs4 or 2vs2… oh wait we don’t need 2vs2 maps because doubles is a rotating playlist anyways. What an absolute joke.

Competitively all doubles ever did was encourage the team with the lead to camp. But that aside small maps are important as I see 4v4s as the right number to have a balanced competitive match. Don’t hate on maps you haven’t even played yet, maybe the next map pack in February will center around small maps.

It’s definately the worst looking map pack for a Halo game i’ve ever seen.

> Well I use to play on my 50 in Halo 3 which s pretty competitive,

No, just stop. I do not care what your rank or k/d or whatever is, the fact of the matter is when you play matchmaking you play public matches where the majority of the playerbase is casual.

You are not competitive unless you are seeking out and playing against like-minded and equally skilled players. I.e., a league or on the very rare occasion a matchmaking match where people are actually trying.

This “competitive” elitism is a bunch of -Yoink-. If people were really concerned with what takes skill and what doesn’t they would not even touch matchmaking and instead try to get themselves into the competitive scene instead of pub stomping and stroking their e-peens about the stats they farmed off of non-serious players.

But okay. You don’t want a completely braindead match either. I can understand that mentality, which is why I also support small maps. But you are no more superior to the people who play Big Team Battle. If you think you are any better you are the -Yoink!- 12 year old, not them. Apply yourself and be a TRUE competitive player or shut the -Yoink- up.

Thanks for the input, the forge maps in matchmaking is really the only hope I have at this point unless the other 2 DLC’s are great

Haven, Relay, Solace (without lower level) and maybe that new map Harvest look good for a 4v4 match.

Take out the vehicles on Harvest and it will be like Zanzibar or Burial Mounds.

Shall I remind you that vehicular game play is also one of the staples of the Halo Franchise. So while you might not think they are “fun” or take any “skill”. Others enjoy the vehicle portion of the game plenty, and I would argue that some of the vehicles take more skill than others. In fact the most competitive/enjoyable season/tournament I’ve ever played in involved the warthogs.

The season pass grants access to 2 map packs If I remember correctly, I would be willing to bet that the second part of the packs would involve the smaller maps.

So again, what one person considers a fail, someone else might just consider it a win.

> Shall I remind you that vehicular game play is also one of the staples of the Halo Franchise. So while you might not think they are “fun” or take any “skill”. Others enjoy the vehicle portion of the game plenty, and I would argue that some of the vehicles take more skill than others. In fact the most competitive/enjoyable season/tournament I’ve ever played in involved the warthogs.
>
> The season pass grants access to 2 map packs If I remember correctly, I would be willing to bet that the second part of the packs would involve the smaller maps.
>
> So again, what one person considers a fail, someone else might just consider it a win.

He’s saying the game has too many vehicular maps. He is right. It is catering to the big team side but it does nothing to cater to people who enjoy small games.

The balance is thrown off in favor of one type of player.

I’m not really sure what your issue is… I’m not trying to act like I’m so amazing at Halo… I’m just saying that most of the better players prefer a 4vs4 on a small map as opposed to people flying everywhere in vehicles in BTB.

Most of the maps are too large for a good match of 4vs4 which is why I am upset that literally all three of these maps have vehicles and look like the piece of trash complex that we already have.

Yay! More huge maps when we only have 3 small maps! (Haven, Adrift, Abandoned) and even those are on the larger side compared to past games… But RIP the days of Lockout, Midship, Guardian, and Warlock because with the moronic jetpack, sprint and instant spawn they will not make true small maps.

> Shall I remind you that vehicular game play is also one of the staples of the Halo Franchise. So while you might not think they are “fun” or take any “skill”. Others enjoy the vehicle portion of the game plenty, and I would argue that some of the vehicles take more skill than others. In fact the most competitive/enjoyable season/tournament I’ve ever played in involved the warthogs.
>
> The season pass grants access to 2 map packs If I remember correctly, I would be willing to bet that the second part of the packs would involve the smaller maps.
>
> So again, what one person considers a fail, someone else might just consider it a win.

The thing with vehicles is true cause without large open vehicle maps Halo would be small map gun fights like COD. But not too many big maps is my point, need to even it out with some good designed small maps.