Crimson Map pack ordeal.

I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.

I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.

I do not believe that it is compensation as it is unfair for us who bought the SP to pay extra money; therefore it leads me to believe that the glitch theory is correct.

> I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
>
> I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.

Nothing?
Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!

Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand.

I think that is the reason a lot of people are complaining, customer wise it is not very fair to do it.

> > I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
> >
> > I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.
>
> Nothing?
> Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!
>
> Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand

Things happen. It’s computers and humans, malfunctions always occur.

> > I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
> >
> > I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.
>
> Nothing?
> Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!
>
> Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand

Glitch in system/mistake by Microsoft.

> > > I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
> > >
> > > I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.
> >
> > Nothing?
> > Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!
> >
> > Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand
>
> Things happen. It’s computers and humans, malfunctions always occur.

In that I must agree, but it still is not very nice to shrug it of(Microsoft twitter account) without considering the people who bought it.

> I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
>
> I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.

I agree. I got what I payed for, and I don’t get why people are getting so upset about it, it’s not like they have to pay for it.

Not only have I not received a specialization code, I figured that the specializations would unlock if I bought the map pack. Yes, I paid $10 for the map pack and now they are giving it out for free. I have no specialization codes so I am stuck, unable to level and also got -Yoinked!- by paying for something that they are giving out for free now. WTF 343?! At least give me my -Yoinking!- specialization code so I can continue to play and just feel -Yoink- that I gave you $10 when everyone else gets the same exact -Yoink- for free… oh wait, nevermind, most of them at least are getting what they were promised, or don’t have to waste $10. This is -Yoinking!- stupid that I am even posting this on a forum in hopes that my lifetime love for halo does not get destroyed.

> Not only have I not received a specialization code, I figured that the specializations would unlock if I bought the map pack. Yes, I paid $10 for the map pack and now they are giving it out for free. I have no specialization codes so I am stuck, unable to level and also got -Yoinked!- by paying for something that they are giving out for free now. WTF 343?! At least give me my -Yoinking!- specialization code so I can continue to play and just feel Yoink! that I gave you $10 when everyone else gets the same exact Yoink! for free… oh wait, nevermind, most of them at least are getting what they were promised, or don’t have to waste $10. This is -Yoinking!- stupid that I am even posting this on a forum in hopes that my lifetime love for halo does not get destroyed.

You could have bought that specialization code from someone for the $10…but, there was a forum on Xbox.com where if you posted your gamertag and that you meet all of the requirements to receive the email then they were to have sent you a message on Xbox LIVE with your code from the message support (LIVE).

So is it fixed for LE edition owners yet? Thats all i care about. Cant even tell now if the code worked back when i 1st used it. Im sure it did, but i cajt find it in my DL history.
Anyway who ever got MP for free lol thats awesome!

I can guarantee that the people who are defending the entire fiasco/ordeal, are ones who got it free.

ya its fixed go 2 market in game should have a star by it now and no1 actually got crimson “free”

Not a matter of how much money it is, the matter is the agreement was broken, you are OK you get free maps, its money despite how much it is we paid it, maybe nothing for you but a lot for others so stop being so closed minded and assuming because the situation is not ok.

OP - Although I understand your point, you thread is not sensitive to the other side of your conversation.

> > I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
> >
> > I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.
>
> Nothing?
> Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!
>
> Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand.
>
> I think that is the reason a lot of people are complaining, customer wise it is not very fair to do it.

You make $2.50 an hour? What do you work in a sweatshop?

> I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
>
> I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.

What MootMaple1 said is true. And I am one of those on the other side of your conversation.

Let’s try and see this from my point of view. (To be clear, I am still playing halo, in fact an hour ago, and “patiently” waiting to receive help on issues I’m still facing)

I am a huge fan of halo, my only reason of getting a 360 was halo 3, so naturally I bought LE for Halo 4. In the pass few days I have encountered a few issues with Halo 4, mainly the specialization codes and now this map pack issue. So the first issue is the specializations, which were to be early access to those who bought LE. And how that problem was faced was that codes were given out in emails. I received mine and redeemed it(it wasn’t simple click click only). But when i went to check, nothing was solved and i still had specializations missing. And when I try to search on topic in waypoint forum, I see replies and replies of people asking for the code and how they haven’t received them yet. I wonder how many of them are even legit, not people who take advantage of getting codes even though they only got SE.

And then today, with the launch of the map pack. Those who sent their hard earned money on LE and war pass, did not get what they paid for. In fact, we were made to wait even longer to get the maps. When the maps were available, why even pay? they’re free for ALL.
I’m not angry that people are taking advantage of the situation, or that they are “stealing” the maps(referred to in some threads), I know I would too if it were me. I’m pissed that there’s this kind of situation in the first place.
It’s like a famous club wants to open a new joint, but under new management. The new management tells all their regulars before launch, “for your loyalty, here’s some VIP and some special passes for sale. VIP has cool perks, and valet. Special pass will get you in free for the first few trips.” And on the opening of the new club, the VIPs see the valet from far. But as soon as they get there, valet has disappeared. Management said they’re on it, but don’t come back with enough drivers.(some don’t even know how to drive).
Then when doors open, VIPs and pass holders have to wait because of some problems. While everyone who pays cover charge gets to go in to the club. Finally when the problem is fixed, its like saying “yeah, we fixed it… oh what? the main doors are left open, and anyone can just come in? it’s okay, It’s on us.”

Seriously? “It’s on us.”? Tell that to everyone who paid. That’s my main issue, that’s what pisses me off. How they handled it. This is a business, just because it’s to do with games doesn’t make it less serious.
The fact that there will be many players on the new maps, I’m fine with. What I’m not okay with, is being treated like a fool made to pay and wait and wait…

> I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
>
> I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.

Yes, there is no moral issue with Microsoft’s mistake at all. Making us (LE and Map Pass owners) pay money while the rest get it for free… no biggy.

Get real OP.

I paid $60 for Halo 4, and now its $40 on Amazon.com.

MS and 343 should send me $20, right?

> I paid $60 for Halo 4, and now its $40 on Amazon.com.
>
> MS and 343 should send me $20, right?

Not even a comparable situation. Run that logic through your head again bud.

> > > I’m having a hard time understanding why people are getting this upset over the map pass and Crimson map pack ordeal. The pass was a measly $25 or so. That’s nothing…just get over it. The pack is free and it’s pretty much a compensation for the delayed specialization codes. At least they are not charging you for it again.
> > >
> > > I do want to say though, these maps are beautiful. They look spectacular but I really wish 343 would throw in some smaller maps. That would be wonderful.
> >
> > Nothing?
> > Not every one earns 20 euro’s an hour, infact it took me 4 hours of work to gather enough money for the map pack!
> >
> > Its not the fact that it is free that is the problem, no its the fact that before the launch of the map pack they told us the map would be 800 mpoints and you could buy a map pass to have a 15% discount. And now they bring the map for free and just basically give a middle finger to the people who bought it before hand.
> >
> > I think that is the reason a lot of people are complaining, customer wise it is not very fair to do it.
>
> You make $2.50 an hour? What do you work in a sweatshop?

20 Euro’s divided by 4 isn’t $2.50. Do the Math.

My issue is that I paid an extra £20 for the LE game which gave me the map pass valued at 2000 MS points, this means that because these people got it for free they will only have to pay 1600 MS points (800 MS points for each of the remaining two to be released). Therefore I will have paid 400 MS points more than everyone else, which means I’m being punished for paying more earlier.

I bought it with the promise I would be receiving it 15% cheaper through this route.

Justify it all you want, people who bought the LE have been ripped off big time.