Crimson map pack- Not a Good Start

I don’t know about the rest of you, but the best maps in the game are Haven and Adrift. They are small symmetrical maps that are all about nade placement and landing the 5shot. That’s why it is always picked in matchmaking. With that in mind, why the hell come out with 3 maps, all with vehicles. I don’t care if there is only one large one, and 2 mediums, if they have vehicles it creates imbalance and just hurts the game.

Do you guys feel the same? should there be more midships/guardians/lockouts? or more zanzabar/complex/blood gulch(halo reach version)?

This game was not meant for us, friend. It was meant for players to run 8v8 pubs all day. Small-team Halo is dead is favor of BTB Killstreak Funtime.

> I don’t know about the rest of you, but the best maps in the game are Haven and Adrift. They are small symmetrical maps that are all about nade placement and landing the 5shot. That’s why it is always picked in matchmaking. With that in mind, why the hell come out with 3 maps, all with vehicles. I don’t care if there is only one large one, and 2 mediums, <mark>if they have vehicles it creates imbalance and just hurts the game</mark>.
>
> Do you guys feel the same? should there be more midships/guardians/lockouts? or more zanzabar/complex/blood gulch(halo reach version)?

How do vehicles create imbalance? sure, they give you some firepower but everyone has access to them (except for asymmetrical spawns on exile). but even then, they aren’t that hard to get rid of.

Not to mention nobody has even played the maps yet and you can’t judge their quality from a trailer.

Couldn’t agree more, players love maps without vehicles. Lockout and Midship, everyone loves those maps, even if you are or are not a competitive player. One vehicle map would’ve been fine with me and two maps like adrift and haven. But you never get what you wish for I guess… I think it’s called Harvest? To me it looks like the map Complex, has that feel and I hate that map

> > I don’t know about the rest of you, but the best maps in the game are Haven and Adrift. They are small symmetrical maps that are all about nade placement and landing the 5shot. That’s why it is always picked in matchmaking. With that in mind, why the hell come out with 3 maps, all with vehicles. I don’t care if there is only one large one, and 2 mediums, <mark>if they have vehicles it creates imbalance and just hurts the game</mark>.
> >
> > Do you guys feel the same? should there be more midships/guardians/lockouts? or more zanzabar/complex/blood gulch(halo reach version)?
>
> How do vehicles create imbalance? sure, they give you some firepower but everyone has access to them (except for asymmetrical spawns on exile). but even then, they aren’t that hard to get rid of.
>
> Not to mention nobody has even played the maps yet and you can’t judge their quality from a trailer.

Well ill tell you how they create imbalance, halo is a FPS not a racing game. No one bought halo ce because they couldn’t wait to drive warthogs around… Get real man

The Halo: Reach maps were lacking in vehicle based maps. The only vehicle based maps were Hemmorhage, Spire, and Boneyard. People didn’t enjoy that. There were way too many 4v4 maps. It’s what 343 stated in one of the vidocs specificly the Infinity multiplayer vidoc. Halo 3 and Halo 2 had the perfect balance of 4v4 and 8v8 maps. Reach overcrowded 4v4 maps and the lack of BTB maps was pathetic until the 2 map packs came along with Aniversary. I mostly favor BTB so I’m happy, I can actually play on larger maps.

Oh and just in case you were wondering. BTB has a larger pop then Infinity Slayer right now which is completely opposite of Reach.

> Well ill tell you how they create imbalance, halo is a FPS not a racing game. No one bought halo ce because they couldn’t wait to drive warthogs around… Get real man

This is one of the most asinine things I’ve ever heard on this forum.

Seriously? Part of Halo’s fame comes from its vehicles. People love them and love using them in matchmaking. If they’re so imbalanced and unpopular like people say, why have they been in every single Halo matchmaking?

Battlefield is an FPS and it has vehicles.

> I don’t know about the rest of you, but the best maps in the game are Haven and Adrift. They are small symmetrical maps that are all about nade placement and landing the 5shot. That’s why it is always picked in matchmaking. With that in mind, why the hell come out with 3 maps, all with vehicles. I don’t care if there is only one large one, and 2 mediums, if they have vehicles it creates imbalance and just hurts the game.

This whole paragraph is opinion with a loaded question at the end. This is why the forums are hard to read. Vehicles don’t create an imbalance and ‘hurt the game’ either. Don’t be a drama princess.

> Do you guys feel the same? should there be more midships/guardians/lockouts? or more zanzabar/complex/blood gulch(halo reach version)?

These are false choices. Also keep in mind, and this twists my brain - that you have to realize what default sprint would do to the older small Halo maps. This is why small maps by Halo 4’s design are still spacious. Sprinting cuts down on their size. Even your precious Adrift and Haven are larger than you think (when playing objective games stand totally opposite an objective and read the meters between you). Adrift has a lot of routes and Haven breaks its sight lines with well placed inclines and curves.

> The Halo: Reach maps were lacking in vehicle based maps. The only vehicle based maps were Hemmorhage, Spire, and Boneyard. People didn’t enjoy that. There were way too many 4v4 maps. It’s what 343 stated in one of the vidocs specificly the Infinity multiplayer vidoc. Halo 3 and Halo 2 had the perfect balance of 4v4 and 8v8 maps. Reach overcrowded 4v4 maps and the lack of BTB maps was pathetic until the 2 map packs came along with Aniversary. I mostly favor BTB so I’m happy, I can actually play on larger maps.
>
> Oh and just in case you were wondering. BTB has a larger pop then Infinity Slayer right now which is completely opposite of Reach.

Halo 4 is the same thing as Reach, but backwards. Instead of a lot of small maps, we get nothing but huge ones.

> Couldn’t agree more, <mark>players love maps without vehicles.</mark> Lockout and Midship, everyone loves those maps, even if you are or are not a competitive player. One vehicle map would’ve been fine with me and two maps like adrift and haven. But you never get what you wish for I guess… I think it’s called Harvest? To me it looks like the map Complex, has that feel and I hate that map

Please show me a diagram or something to back that statement.

Oh you don’t have?

Grow up man!

> Well ill tell you how they create imbalance, halo is a FPS not a racing game. No one bought halo ce because they couldn’t wait to drive warthogs around… Get real man

You didn’t tell him anything actually, just another (ridiculous) statement.

[deleted]

> These are false choices. Also keep in mind, and this twists my brain - that you have to realize what default sprint would do to the older small Halo maps. This is why small maps by Halo 4’s design are still spacious. Sprinting cuts down on their size. Even your precious Adrift and Haven are larger than you think (when playing objective games stand totally opposite an objective and read the meters between you). Adrift has a lot of routes and Haven breaks its sight lines with well placed inclines and curves.

Sprint does not ruin small maps that bad if you design them properly. You are not going to be sprinting 24/7, so making all the maps huge to compensate is wrong.

1st priority should be server issues before releasing any map packs.

Now people want to remove vehicles from Halo?

Are we going to be left with a flat plane, everyone using the same gun and starting opposite to each other?

My favorite small map of all time is Guardian. :slight_smile: Good memories.

have you played the maps already??? you seem to act like you have

Maybe so but vehicles add to the game-play and make halo unique from other fps games. I like both forms of maps, I loved Lockout from Halo 2 but I also liked maps like big team maps. I’m in between on this one

Agreed OP. I was just laughing throughout the map pack trailer. I guess we’ll have to wait till the next map pack after Crimfail in hopes for a decent 4v4 arena style map.

Thank God MLG is coming out soon, then I’ll be able to play good small sized maps that isn’t Haven every game.

[deleted]