Crimson Free Trial = Bait and Switch

Simple as that.

There was NOTHING in the description about a free trial.

You NEVER unlock achievements in a free trial.

There have been more communication mishaps in the first month of this game than I remember in all of the franchise combined.

[deleted]

More accurately, the free trial is a lie cover-up. 343i or -Yoink!- screwed up and made the maps free. When LE owners started raising hell, they miraculously made a statement…after the fact…that the maps would be a free trial only. Very convenient. Despite 343i always communicating these things well in advance, they somehow forgot to mention the maps would be free for a trial basis? Doubtful.

The real bait and switch would have been if the maps remained free, and LE owners were not reimbursed.

Exactly, the content never stated it was a free trial, so how can they simply take it away? People were officially given an offer through a legitimate mistake.

there has been loads of threads like this one…

343 are using the ‘Trial’ As a cover idea, Microsofts support @Twitter even said that it was a mistake and that people should not be able to download it, if they have then thats them benefiting from their mistakes, now 343 have dishonoured that agreement by saying its a trial when it clearly wasnt.

343 is just trying to get money back that they lost beacuse of their own fault

It’s such a shame that they aren’t held accountable for things like this. But gamers have turned into so many sheep nowadays.

> Thats because children are more spoilt nowadays
>
> Want want want

No, it’s: must must must!!

> It’s such a shame that they aren’t held accountable for things like this. But gamers have turned into so many sheep nowadays.

Gamers didn’t really have to deal with this -Yoink- in the past. Take Halo 2 for example. Full of bugs and glitches (which made the game more interesting IMO. Walking across the top of Headlong?) but nobody complained. Literally nobody was going to forums being like: “OMG BXR AND DOUBLE SHOT ARE SO -Yoink!- OP OMFGGG”. Instead of complaining, people felt the need to know all the insider tricks so they could become better.

Now everyone wants to know the insider tricks and glitches so they can complain about something.

Either way Im glad I get to try them out before buying them. From now on they should make all map packs free for the first week so we can see if we like them or not.

> More accurately, the free trial is a lie cover-up. 343i or -Yoink!- screwed up and made the maps free. When LE owners started raising hell, they miraculously made a statement…after the fact…that the maps would be a free trial only. Very convenient. Despite 343i always communicating these things well in advance, they somehow forgot to mention the maps would be free for a trial basis? Doubtful.
>
> The real bait and switch would have been if the maps remained free, and LE owners were not reimbursed.

This

Halo 4 has been just one giant PR blunder from the furor raised before the game even came out by people who felt they purchased the LE under false pretenses (so many people came onto these forums to brag about returning their “worthless” LE edition) to this latest brainfart from 343/Microsoft. I’m not surprised they’ve managed to make themselves look bad yet again with this latest PR fiasco.

It is not bait and switch. You did not PURCHASE anything. It was downloaded for free. You’re not entitled to anything, you did not lose anything.

i think a trial run is fair for all parties involved, and yes i am a le owner. was i upset that people got something for free when i paid for it of course. but having played all three maps and not being a fan of them i do think a trial run would be good for those who either buy the maps one at a time or bought the map pass to see if the maps are any good

Now i feel better. Of course now all the people who got it for free are complaining when it was the opposite way yesterday. Ah how the tables have turned.

> It is not bait and switch. You did not PURCHASE anything. It was downloaded for free. You’re not entitled to anything, you did not lose anything.

Exactly

> > It is not bait and switch. You did not PURCHASE anything. It was downloaded for free. You’re not entitled to anything, you did not lose anything.
>
> Exactly

No, not ‘exactly’.

Monday, MS Customer Support said on Twitter that if you can get it for free, it’s yours. Bait.

Now, they’ve spun their screw-up into a free-trial, saying those who got it free were part of their Buy-and-Play promotion, and will lose access on the 18th. Switch.

It’s not rocket science, people.

It may have turned into a bait and switch, but it wasn’t intentional. Why did you make this thread?

Because on monday they said if you get it, its yours, offical microsoft tweet. now they are saying it was a free trial and you have to pay, just like they said if you buy the game and play you will get a specialization code, thousands of people who met the requirements didnt get it, 343/microsoft needs to STOP saying they will give -Yoink- away only to lie in your face and do no such thing.

Its more along the false advertising than bait and switch. No where in the description of the item did it say it was a free trial or that access would be limited. We as consumers, never entered into that agreement with 343 or microsoft.

And for those claiming we did’t purchase anything, you are incorrect. Although the item cost O points, it was still a purchase regardless of price.

> > > It is not bait and switch. You did not PURCHASE anything. It was downloaded for free. You’re not entitled to anything, you did not lose anything.
> >
> > Exactly
>
> No, not ‘exactly’.
>
> Monday, MS Customer Support said on Twitter that if you can get it for free, it’s yours. Bait.
>
> Now, they’ve spun their screw-up into a free-trial, saying those who got it free were part of their Buy-and-Play promotion, and will lose access on the 18th. Switch.
>
> It’s not rocket science, people.

Because people making $8 an hour answering front-line questions on a help-desk for a huge multinational company are the be-all and end-all of Microsoft policy.

I know when the CSR’s here where I work tell a customer something, all the execs and management personnel have to abide by this decision.

Please join me in the real world of business, where these decisions are in fact NOT made by minimum wage first tier phone/internet support.