crimson dlc not validated

every time i start up halo 4 it takes ages to check dlc then says unable to validate. i think i got the crimson map pack through a free offer but i know i did not pay for it. i don’t have the maps any more but i did have achievements in them but i still have the odst armour, it says to delete the dlc but if i do that does that mean i loose my odst armour? i don’t care about the maps i just want to keep my odst armour but i don’t want to pay for the map pack when i got it free (could it of been for only limited time? again i can’t remember how i got it) o0 chris w 0o

As long as it’s noted on your account somewhere, you shouldn’t lose the DLC. Once you delete any DLC you can safely re-download it from your Download History. Give that a check before you delete anything just to make sure.

edit Here are some helpful articles about how to re-download content. Could be that some of your content has corrupted, removing and reinstalling or clearing your cache should help fix that

> 2533274813317074;2:
> As long as it’s noted on your account somewhere, you shouldn’t lose the DLC. Once you delete any DLC you can safely re-download it from your Download History. Give that a check before you delete anything just to make sure.
>
> edit Here are some helpful articles about how to re-download content. Could be that some of your content has corrupted, removing and reinstalling or clearing your cache should help fix that

i found out that the odst armour is septate from the dlc which is why i was worried with deleting it. i have deleted it and i will try to reinstall it. thanks for your help