Credits shouldn't be removed in halo 4

I don’t know if anyone has already posted anything about this but I don’t think that credits should be removed in Halo 4 because unlocking armor back in Halo 3 was kinda boring. Now I’m not saying they should effect your rank, I’m just saying that we should use EXP to rank up and credits to buy stuff, what do you think?

As long as there is a decent ranked set of playlists to boot then I don’t really care. They tried to do that with Arena but Arena sucked so it didn’t really matter.

I would love to have both a credit system and a ranking system imputed into Halo 4.

Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.

It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.

It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.

The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.

> Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
>
> It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
>
> It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.
>
> The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.

Exactly!

I want to combine the cR and exp system.

My ideal ranking in halo 4 would be:

1-50/100 (trueskill, bpr, I dont care - the point is the highest rank should be exclusive to 50s/100s)

you get 1000cR after games ONLY FOR WINNING.
NONE FOR KILLS.
NONE FOR COMMENDATIONS.
NONE FOR… well, maybe a slot machine.
just A TEAM EFFORT.

if you lose. 0cR for you.

This would be the exp system with stuff like daily and weekly challenges, which exponentially increase replay value.

> > Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
> >
> > It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
> >
> > It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.
> >
> > The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.
>
> Exactly!

Thank god my post went down well with one person, I expected to be attacked by ten year old’s with sharpened pencils.

^^^ AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO ADOPTED MY 1/100 IDEA, DOUBLE WIN FOR ME ^^^

> Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
>
> It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
>
>
> The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.

Apparently I’m childish for liking different armor pieces. O_o

Why not have it separated?
One area for all ranked playlists which gives no credits.
The other for social games which gives out credits.
I liked armor it adds an interesting touch to Halo. Takes both Machinima and picture taking to a whole new level for Halo.
Just because you don’t like it. Shouldn’t mean it needs to be taken out entirely.

> I want to combine the cR and exp system.
>
> My ideal ranking in halo 4 would be:
>
> 1-50/100 (trueskill, bpr, I dont care - the point is the highest rank should be exclusive to 50s/100s)
>
> you get 1000cR after games ONLY FOR WINNING.
> NONE FOR KILLS.
> NONE FOR COMMENDATIONS.
> NONE FOR… well, maybe a slot machine.
> just A TEAM EFFORT.
>
> if you lose. 0cR for you.
>
> This would be the exp system with stuff like daily and weekly challenges, which exponentially increase replay value.

I woudl say you should at least get 250cR for losing because at least you played and didnt leave. If u leave a game u should get know cR. Other than this im with u.

> > Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
> >
> > It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
> >
> >
> > The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.
>
> Apparently I’m childish for liking different armor pieces. O_o
>
> Why not have it separated?
> One area for all ranked playlists which gives no credits.
> The other for social games which gives out credits.
> I liked armor it adds an interesting touch to Halo. Takes both Machinima and picture taking to a whole new level for Halo.
> Just because you don’t like it. Shouldn’t mean it needs to be taken out entirely.

I never said take (ARMOR) it out. Hell no, I just said it’s a after thought and should not tie in anyway to gameplay or as a reward for winning matches. I fully support the idea of spartan diversity.

>
>
>

I agree with your comment on credits, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found that credits have caused less players to play custom games because you get hardly any credits to spend dressing up your barbie doll compared to matchmaking whereas in Halo 3 you only had to get a few achievements. The armory is the only reason why a lot of players care about ranks in Reach. I think that if they do put armor in Halo 4, 343 should make it so you unlock them via achievements again. It also makes the piece of armor seem more speacial since getting some achievements is harder than just ranking up (in Reach).

> >
> >
> >
>
> I agree with your comment on credits, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found that credits have caused less players to play custom games because you get hardly any credits to spend dressing up your barbie doll compared to matchmaking whereas in Halo 3 you only had to get a few achievements. The armory is the only reason why a lot of players care about ranks in Reach. I think that if they do put armor in Halo 4, 343 should make it so you unlock them via achievements again.

The thing is tho. The armory has expanded so much compared to Halo 3.
Basically every achievement would have to be an armor piece. I think to many people would get frustrated with this. I don’t mind doing a few achievements for special armor pieces. But that would be a crap load of achievements if they had done that for Halo Reach. Who knows how large the armory could be in Halo 4 if they keep it.

Well guys i got a solution. Please vote and tell me if you like it. ;D

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst46193_Idea-for-future-armory.aspx

> > > Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
> > >
> > > It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
> > >
> > > It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.
> > >
> > > The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.
> >
> > I agree with your comment on credits, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found that credits have caused less players to play custom games because you get hardly any credits to spend dressing up your barbie doll compared to matchmaking whereas in Halo 3 you only had to get a few achievements. The armory is the only reason why a lot of players care about ranks in Reach. I think that if they do put armor in Halo 4, 343 should make it so you unlock them via achievements again.
>
> The thing is tho. The armory has expanded so much compared to Halo 3.
> Basically every achievement would have to be an armor piece. I think to many people would get frustrated with this. I don’t mind doing a few achievements for special armor pieces. But that would be a crap load of achievements if they had done that for Halo Reach. Who knows how large the armory could be in Halo 4 if they keep it.

Math is right, There are way to many variants to do it by achievements only. Trueskill if it’s incorporated would be a start, It would encourage a lot more competitivity.

Some sort of monetary system should stay especially if the amount of character customization in Halo 4 is equal to or greater than Halo: Reach’s. There’s only so many achievements you can have in the game.

Credits and the armory are a harmless addition. If the only people that care about armor are supposedly “ten-year-olds” then let those people have the armory and armor customization. It does not alter in-game performance at all. Like I said, it’s a harmless addition.

EDIT: Seriously i don’t want to spam but please klick on the link and tell me whether you like it or not.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst46193_Idea-for-future-armory.aspx

> > > Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
> > >
> > > It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
> > >
> > > It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.
> > >
> > > The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.
> >
> > I agree with your comment on credits, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found that credits have caused less players to play custom games because you get hardly any credits to spend dressing up your barbie doll compared to matchmaking whereas in Halo 3 you only had to get a few achievements. The armory is the only reason why a lot of players care about ranks in Reach. I think that if they do put armor in Halo 4, 343 should make it so you unlock them via achievements again.
>
> The thing is tho. The armory has expanded so much compared to Halo 3.
> Basically every achievement would have to be an armor piece. I think to many people would get frustrated with this. I don’t mind doing a few achievements for special armor pieces. But that would be a crap load of achievements if they had done that for Halo Reach.

Good point, perhaps they could also be unlocked by ranking up? Say you unlock ODST armor when you reach private? Or you can unlock armor sets for each achievement. Also anyone can just play Halo all day, earn credits and rank up (in Reach) to buy armor, but by unlocking via achievements it makes that piece of armor feel a lot more speacial to the player, esspeacially when not many other players have it.

> > > > Anyone who really cares about armor is a little bit childish, It’s an after thought, I has no gameplay value. It’s a small little gimmick.
> > > >
> > > > It’s like when you buy a magazine at the store for your kid, they will choose the ones with the most toys, That’s armor in Halo and guns in Call of duty, small things people can unlock that makes them feel special.
> > > >
> > > > It’s sad but true, It’s the first thing you learn about player investment.
> > > >
> > > > The second thing is not to let it effect the game. Which credits in Halo do, They are a bad edition. The have killed competitive Halo on Reach and there are now thousands of younger gamers who are clearly too young to have bought Halo playing it.
> > >
> > > I agree with your comment on credits, I don’t know about anyone else, but I have found that credits have caused less players to play custom games because you get hardly any credits to spend dressing up your barbie doll compared to matchmaking whereas in Halo 3 you only had to get a few achievements. The armory is the only reason why a lot of players care about ranks in Reach. I think that if they do put armor in Halo 4, 343 should make it so you unlock them via achievements again.
> >
> > The thing is tho. The armory has expanded so much compared to Halo 3.
> > Basically every achievement would have to be an armor piece. I think to many people would get frustrated with this. I don’t mind doing a few achievements for special armor pieces. But that would be a crap load of achievements if they had done that for Halo Reach.
>
> Good point, perhaps they could also be unlocked by ranking up? Say you unlock ODST armor when you reach private? Or you can unlock armor sets for each achievement. Also anyone can just play Halo all day, earn credits and rank up (in Reach) to buy armor, but by unlocking via achievements it makes that piece of armor feel a lot more speacial to the player, esspeacially when not many other players have it.

Is just everyone of you ignoring my posts? ^^

> EDIT: Seriously i don’t want to spam but please klick on the link and tell me whether you like it or not.
>
> http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst46193_Idea-for-future-armory.aspx

I read it and I liked it.