Credit earning in Halo CEA?

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for the replies.

I know Halo CEA Multiplayer will be through Reach etc, so earning Credits while playing the new maps etc will be the same.

But my question is, When playing through Campaign in Halo CEA will you earn Credits like you do in reach’s Campaign?

I want to know if I spend countless hours playing the Campaign I will still earn credits & rank up?

I don’t think so, cuz it is on the original Halo engine, but with a graphics layer on top. There were no credits in CE so there might be any in campain. Although, anythings possible, so who knows?! We’ll just have to wait and see.

I’ve been wondering the same thing… I mean… it would be nice… but for that to work they’d have to either install some commendations (how Reach worked) or make it like firefight matchmaking where you get a set amount of points per kill… which still goes off of commendations… maybe based on time played? idk but I’m sure 343 could do it but I don’t think they did…

I’d imagine not. It is after all just the same exact campaign as CE, but with a new engine for graphics only running on top, but anything’s possible I guess.

Campaign Might Not Happen :frowning:

But will my Halo Reach Rank Transfer in To CEA?
Or will CEA have different Ranks then reach?

they said it had reach’s multiplayer so your rank from reach and CEA are the same rank… but I have the sinking feeling you won’t get anything but achievements and good times for the next 3 months you’re going to spend in the campaign nonstop :DD

It would be pretty cool, but I highly doubt it.

> I don’t think so, cuz it is on the original Halo engine, but with a graphics layer on top. There were no credits in CE so there might be any in campain. Although, anythings possible, so who knows?! We’ll just have to wait and see.

It didn’t have skulls either, but those are in CEA.

Campaign Scoring and earning cR for commendations or w/e wouldn’t actually alter the gameplay at all. Things like that are completely cosmetic, and there’s no reason to assume you wont earn cR.

> > I don’t think so, cuz it is on the original Halo engine, but with a graphics layer on top. There were no credits in CE so there might be any in campain. Although, anythings possible, so who knows?! We’ll just have to wait and see.
>
> It didn’t have skulls either, but those are in CEA.
>
>
>
>
>
> Campaign Scoring and earning cR for commendations or w/e wouldn’t actually alter the gameplay at all. Things like that are completely cosmetic, and there’s no reason to assume you wont earn cR.

I never said it was a bad idea, nor did I say that it wasn’t possible. I just said it might not happen, calm down.

And I didn’t “asume” anything. Calm down.

> I don’t think so, cuz it is on the original Halo engine, but with a graphics layer on top. There were no credits in CE so there might be any in campain. Although, anythings possible, so who knows?! We’ll just have to wait and see.

i won’t lie. i royally sucked in H1(PC MP) and H2. I did play the crap out of both of them though… I didn’t really earn my MP wings till 3. I avoided H2 because of all the cheaters and avoided Sidewinder like the plague(still love it tho!!) I wouldn’t mind either H3 or the H:R Rank system, just so long as if they use the H3 system, losing games doesn’t take away from your xp to avoid sandbaggers and rage quits from teammates because its 2 on 5 and staying will just kill our hard earned rank and playtime :slight_smile: