Credit Banned for Boosting Achievements?

Okay. I admit I was boosting. But for achievements not credits or any of that k/d, w/l shannany. I enjoy playing Halo, I want to rank up and do the daily challenges and I know it’s probably a week ban. I was boosting with a group and we we’re all partied up and honestly affecting no one. You guys took out your DLC playlist and most players don’t even have map packs(making it incredibly hard for a DLC map to even come up.) If I could obtain the achievement by skill, not by a ton of luck, I wouldn’t even boosted them. I just stress the issue; if you’re going to credit ban me for boosting achievements, make your achievements a little bit more skillful than luck based. I’d love the credit ban to be removed but it’s cool if it isn’t. I just got back into Halo again and this is really making me wish I hadn’t. At least in Halo:3 you made it mandatory for people to have map packs to play in some playlist. I hardly even play the DLC maps. Did I waste my 35 dollars on it? My point is, yeah I’m banned but if the game was set up differently I wouldn’t even be in this situation right now.

I got banned for the same thing, but it was because I had an AFK guest.

> I got banned for the same thing, but it was because I had an AFK guest.

That’s pretty bad as well. I’m sorry.

If you are trying for achievements then why don’t you just get 1 kill with every guest controller?

> Okay. I admit I was boosting. But for achievements not credits or any of that k/d, w/l shannany. I enjoy playing Halo, I want to rank up and do the daily challenges and I know it’s probably a week ban. I was boosting with a group and we we’re all partied up and honestly affecting no one. You guys took out your DLC playlist and most players don’t even have map packs(making it incredibly hard for a DLC map to even come up.) If I could obtain the achievement by skill, not by a ton of luck, I wouldn’t even boosted them. I just stress the issue; if you’re going to credit ban me for boosting achievements, make your achievements a little bit more skillful than luck based. I’d love the credit ban to be removed but it’s cool if it isn’t. I just got back into Halo again and this is really making me wish I hadn’t. At least in Halo:3 you made it mandatory for people to have map packs to play in some playlist. I hardly even play the DLC maps. Did I waste my 35 dollars on it? My point is, yeah I’m banned but if the game was set up differently I wouldn’t even be in this situation right now.

That’s sounds like you got it bad, maybe 343i member might be able to undo it since they may understand how you feel since the lack of dlc has upset a lot of people also I think the bans are auto-mated, the afk bot is most likely to blame for your ban.

Did you have any guests? If you want to boost, it has to be in a full party. Also, if you were stat boosting at any point, that’s also against the rules.

> Did you have any guests? If you want to boost, it has to be in a full party. Also, if you were stat boosting at any point, that’s also against the rules.

Yes, it was a full party. We had a few guests plugged in just to make sure we effecting anyone other than ourselves. I can provide, if need be, the games we we’re boosting in though. I never boosted for stats at all. Just the achievements. If I can get this removed I’d be very grateful. Like I said I understand it was boosting so if it isn’t removed I can respect that.

Don’t worry, you can bypass the ban with custom challenges.

> Don’t worry, you can bypass the ban with custom challenges.

I don’t know about that. I just want my account to be legit.

Is getting a kill with a guest a good workaround? I’ve been thinking about doing this with some friends for the anniversary zombie cheevos, but i absolutely don’t want to get banned.

Well they’ve taken away the map packs almost completely from online (it’s such a small chance of having them come up in the voting lists), it’s 343i’s fault in the first place, making it so we can’t get the achievements we deserve. They should do nothing from achievement boosting, and allow it. At least until they bring back the map pack playlist.

> Well they’ve taken away the map packs almost completely from online (it’s such a small chance of having them come up in the voting lists), it’s 343i’s fault in the first place, making it so we can’t get the achievements we deserve. They should do nothing from achievement boosting, and allow it. At least until they bring back the map pack playlist.

It is allowed, as long as every person is playing.

Should’ve gotten a few kills with your “Guests”…

> > Well they’ve taken away the map packs almost completely from online (it’s such a small chance of having them come up in the voting lists), it’s 343i’s fault in the first place, making it so we can’t get the achievements we deserve. They should do nothing from achievement boosting, and allow it. At least until they bring back the map pack playlist.
>
> It is allowed, as long as every person is playing.

Really? I thought boosting of any kind on Matchmaking wasn’t allowed. Well, I have a few Objective DLC achievements which I can’t get…

> > > Well they’ve taken away the map packs almost completely from online (it’s such a small chance of having them come up in the voting lists), it’s 343i’s fault in the first place, making it so we can’t get the achievements we deserve. They should do nothing from achievement boosting, and allow it. At least until they bring back the map pack playlist.
> >
> > It is allowed, as long as every person is playing.
>
> Really? I thought boosting of any kind on Matchmaking wasn’t allowed. Well, I have a few Objective DLC achievements which I can’t get…

Full party hunting (as in, 12 people behind 12 controllers) is fine. I’ve done it many times.

> > > Well they’ve taken away the map packs almost completely from online (it’s such a small chance of having them come up in the voting lists), it’s 343i’s fault in the first place, making it so we can’t get the achievements we deserve. They should do nothing from achievement boosting, and allow it. At least until they bring back the map pack playlist.
> >
> > It is allowed, as long as every person is playing.
>
> Really? I thought boosting of any kind on Matchmaking wasn’t allowed. Well, I have a few Objective DLC achievements which I can’t get…

Few weeks after Reach came out, Bungie said it was ok and in terms of the ban hammer, you wouldn’t have been hit by it, the ban hammer hasn’t changed since 343i took over so it is still ok to do.

As for Halo 3, full party boosting is still bannable.

OMG!!! you got credit banned? What are you going to do? How are you going to live your life going forward? Is this the end? Does your shiny symbol for rank determine your place in society?

OMG!!!

> OMG!!! you got credit banned? What are you going to do? How are you going to live your life going forward? Is this the end? Does your shiny symbol for rank determine your place in society?
>
> OMG!!!

Actually I’m fine with it. Just think it’s kinda lame I’m not getting any credits over something as stupid as that. I’ll keep playing, dude.

> OMG!!! you got credit banned? What are you going to do? How are you going to live your life going forward? Is this the end? Does your shiny symbol for rank determine your place in society?
>
> OMG!!!

Grow up scrandom. SMH. This isn’t xbl where people act like 12 yr olds. I can’t believe he got thanked for that failed troll attempt.

Anyway BOT, like people said before. Guest need kills too.

Maybe just try playing the game like you’re supposed to and not cheat? I always do that, and it’s never got me banned.