?credit ban?

We got shiney new xbox for xmas with halo reach, which we all love. but today the kids switch it on and there is temporary credit ban.
some questions (I am new xbox so dont understand what we have done wrong)

1. why, and how do I find out why
  2. how long
  3. who can i talk to so i can get an answer for the above and avoid it happening again.

if its something we have done wrong without knowing then fine, just tell us so we dont do it again; or is it a halo/microsft glitch which needs to be sorted out. My kids are really upset and I am pretty annoyed aswell purely because we have no way of knowing what has happened.

> We got shiney new xbox for xmas with halo reach, which we all love. but today the kids switch it on and there is temporary credit ban.
> some questions (I am new xbox so dont understand what we have done wrong)
>
> 1. why, and how do I find out why
> 2. how long
> 3. who can i talk to so i can get an answer for the above and avoid it happening again.
>
> if its something we have done wrong without knowing then fine, just tell us so we dont do it again; or is it a halo/microsft glitch which needs to be sorted out. My kids are really upset and I am pretty annoyed aswell purely because we have no way of knowing what has happened.

Odds are one of the kids was challange resetting. Thats the only real reason you get credit banned. Whats gonna stick for all of you is that your rank and armorly will be reset as well.

whats challenge resetting? Sorry but we are noobs with this.
how long is the ban?
why cant bungie have the decency to at least send a message explaining themselves?
I am really annoyed having just spent out on a family xboxlive. Doubt I will be renewing as so far I am not happy with it.

The ban is like 2 weeks long and this is Bungie’s ban system this not Microsoft doing.

Ps. Sorry that this has happed.

This thread will help you http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=51955194

> whats challenge resetting? Sorry but we are noobs with this.
> how long is the ban?
> why cant bungie have the decency to at least send a message explaining themselves?
> I am really annoyed having just spent out on a family xboxlive. Doubt I will be renewing as so far I am not happy with it.

There are daily challenges that are actions for that day, when completed, give you a rather large amount of credits.
Now, if you were to complete a challenge midway through a game, you would get the credits, right? However, if you then proceed to leave that game, you get to keep the reward credits, but the challenge is reset back to however much completion you had before the game started. Rinse and repeat for a lot of credits. Until Bungie credit bans the offender.
If you have more questions, then the staff at the bungie.net forums can help you, specifically ferrex.

Thankyou for the replies.
Now I understand, but have to now try explain it to my 8 year old daughter!
Still think Bungie could have least sent a warning message or an explanation as to what they have done and why.
What rude and unfriendly bunch they are!

> Thankyou for the replies.
> Now I understand, but have to now try explain it to my 8 year old daughter!
> Still think Bungie could have least sent a warning message or an explanation as to what they have done and why.
> What rude and unfriendly bunch they are!

It’s explained on their website. They covered it on one of their weekly updates.
Follow the rules next time and you won’t have to worry about anything.

If you were trying to play today it could be the servers down it only looks like your banned. Wait till they come back up to be sure.

> Thankyou for the replies.
> Now I understand, but have to now try explain it to my 8 year old daughter!
> Still think Bungie could have least sent a warning message or an explanation as to what they have done and why.
> What rude and unfriendly bunch they are!

Not really, I mean they have to deal with thousands of this kind of thing on a daily basis, so they really don’t have the time to send a little note to every single one, not to mention that most of the time it’s someone older who knows what they’ve been doing.
Also, they really have to do this because the ranks would become a mockery, and they’d look really stupid because they let something like this happen.

Yeah but Bungie doesn’t even have a page describing the punishments they give out just a page explaining what you might have done to receive it.

> Yeah but Bungie doesn’t even have a page describing the punishments they give out just a page explaining what you might have done to receive it.

What else can they do?

> > Yeah but Bungie doesn’t even have a page describing the punishments they give out just a page explaining what you might have done to receive it.
>
> What else can they do?

I think if they had a page describing the different kinds of bans or resets and then a list of how you might get each one it would work better and you wouldn’t get a thousand threads that ask why was I reset or banned. Right now it just seems backwards. It’s not bad on here now but I assume after the transfer there will be a lot of these kind of posts on this forum too.

> > > Yeah but Bungie doesn’t even have a page describing the punishments they give out just a page explaining what you might have done to receive it.
> >
> > What else can they do?
>
> I think if they had a page describing the different kinds of bans or resets and then a list of how you might get each one it would work better and you wouldn’t get a thousand threads that ask why was I reset or banned. Right now it just seems backwards. It’s not bad on here now but I assume after the transfer there will be a lot of these kind of posts on this forum too.

You can get banned, credit banned, or credit reset. Not a very long list.

i got credit banned for 2 days and i have no idea why

so maybe you will only be banned for 2 days

hope this helps :confused:

> You can get banned, credit banned, or credit reset. Not a very long list.

Yes but there are bans of different lengths, and bans from different things. It would be a long list if they break it up into category of the each kind of ban and lenght.

There may be other reasons besides Challenge Resetting. There’s also Idling in a number of matches, purposely committing suicide, team killing, perhaps having a high number of penalties. You can still play, but you won’t be earning credits.

The ban seems to have lasted 24 hours. would be nice to know why still. Im not asking for a personal email or anything but when the banmessage pops up could it not include reason and length of ban info? It would help usnoobslearn and avoid the same mistakes and avoid the forums being spammed with the same questions. Thanks to the peeps who helped me understand theban` issues better and now its time to get back to the game.

> > Thankyou for the replies.
> > Now I understand, but have to now try explain it to my 8 year old daughter!
> > Still think Bungie could have least sent a warning message or an explanation as to what they have done and why.
> > What rude and unfriendly bunch they are!
>
> It’s explained on their website. They covered it on one of their weekly updates.
> Follow the rules next time and you won’t have to worry about anything.

chill out dude. they explained they were new at this. and i agree, bungie can be a very mysterious bunch.

after your ban was your rank and armor reset because i got a credit ban notice today and i think it was because i went to go get dinner but i didnt leave the game because i didnt want to get a 10 minute ban

> We got shiney new xbox for xmas with halo reach, which we all love. but today the kids switch it on and there is temporary credit ban.
> some questions (I am new xbox so dont understand what we have done wrong)
>
> 1. why, and how do I find out why
> 2. how long
> 3. who can i talk to so i can get an answer for the above and avoid it happening again.
>
> if its something we have done wrong without knowing then fine, just tell us so we dont do it again; or is it a halo/microsft glitch which needs to be sorted out. My kids are really upset and I am pretty annoyed aswell purely because we have no way of knowing what has happened.

All questions answered now???