Create Your Spartan in 12 Days

As all of you know, PepsiCo and Doritos are featuring Halo 4 themes drinks and snacks. And with that you got “Double XP” codes on the drinks and bags of chips.

Now for my main point. In this article, they’ve said,

“For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape. They can also customize their armor.”

So does that mean on October 15th we will be able to log on to our accounts on the Mountain Dew website and start customizing our load outs? Or will we have to wait longer?

Another big question: Will the armor permutations that we will unlock with out Waypoint Milestone score be available to see once we start customization on the MD site?

From what I read the only thing it does is give double exp in the game.

I really hope it doesn’t give anything else but double exp.

> From what I read the only thing it does is give double exp in the game.
>
> I really hope it doesn’t give anything else but double exp.

Did you read the article? Check again, homeboy.

> > From what I read the only thing it does is give double exp in the game.
> >
> > I really hope it doesn’t give anything else but double exp.
>
> Did you read the article? Check again, homeboy.

One, homeboy…?

Two, I’ve both read the article, and looked at the website, and I don’t see any real confirmation of what you’re saying, so you might want to get some more proof.

> “For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape. They can also customize their armor.”

I just think this is just a description of halo 4’s new features. That you can select guns, armor and equipment before the game starts.

"For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape. They can also customize their armor. The ‘Halo’ series is known for allowing gamers to not only score gear in the games, but also create the gear they want.

Read more: http://www.shockya.com/news/2012/10/03/mountain-dew-and-doritos-bringing-double-xp-back-for-anticipated-halo-4-launch/#ixzz28J1XRX4w
"

I read it the same as you TC.

And I hope we are right. :smiley:

> > > From what I read the only thing it does is give double exp in the game.
> > >
> > > I really hope it doesn’t give anything else but double exp.
> >
> > Did you read the article? Check again, homeboy.
>
> One, homeboy…?
>
> Two, I’ve both read the article, and looked at the website, and I don’t see any real confirmation of what you’re saying, so you might want to get some more proof.

It says, " Before entering the gaming landscape," so that means before we play the game. Like, on the site, homeboy.

> > “For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape. They can also customize their armor.”
>
> I just think this is just a description of halo 4’s new features. That you can select guns, armor and equipment before the game starts.

This right here

Arsenal. Not Armor…

> “For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can <mark>preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape.</mark> They can also customize their armor.”

  • Pretty sure this only means create your Loadout before the match starts. NOT Pick out your armor on a Mt. Dew Website PRE LAUNCH.

Please tell me they’re in New Zealand.

It’ll just be a flash simulator, won’t be anything linked to your waypoint or Halo 4 account.

Didnt know Pepsi was also doing the Prizes, XP, but I know MountainDew is also doing this, so thanks OP for bringing Pepsi to my attention to :stuck_out_tongue: prefer their drinks>MountainDew.

> Didnt know Pepsi was also doing the Prizes, XP, but I know MountainDew is also doing this, so thanks OP for bringing Pepsi to my attention to :stuck_out_tongue: prefer their drinks>MountainDew.

im pretty sure its just the mtn dew and doritos bags. plus mtn dew is a pepsi product.

> Didnt know Pepsi was also doing the Prizes, XP, but I know MountainDew is also doing this, so thanks OP for bringing Pepsi to my attention to :stuck_out_tongue: prefer their drinks>MountainDew.

Pepsi=Mountain Dew, or at least Pepsi owns Mountain Dew

OT: I believe they’re talking about the actual game, where you choose your Loadout before the Match starts.

But the more interesting part was:

> Matched with the Double XP codes, the game’s unique code will feature <mark>38 matches of Double XP</mark>.

38 Matches? Mother of God.

*Plays BTB

> > Didnt know Pepsi was also doing the Prizes, XP, but I know MountainDew is also doing this, so thanks OP for bringing Pepsi to my attention to :stuck_out_tongue: prefer their drinks>MountainDew.
>
> Pepsi=Mountain Dew, or at least Pepsi owns Mountain Dew
>
> OT: I believe they’re talking about the actual game, where you choose your Loadout before the Match starts.
>
> But the more interesting part was:
>
>
>
> > Matched with the Double XP codes, the game’s unique code will feature <mark>38 matches of Double XP</mark>.
>
> 38 Matches? Mother of God.
>
> *Plays BTB

i was pretty intrigued by that as well. i hope it means like the LE’s and limited copies of the the regular version.

> Arsenal. Not Armor…
>
>
>
> > “For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can <mark>preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape.</mark> They can also customize their armor.”
>
> - Pretty sure this only means create your Loadout before the match starts. NOT Pick out your armor on a Mt. Dew Website PRE LAUNCH.

It literally says right in the the quote that you just posted that we will be able to customize our ARMOR before we get to go into the game.

Why are you so pessimistic? I can totally see 343i implementing this kind of thing to our Waypoint account.

> Arsenal. Not Armor…
>
>
>
> > “For the first time in ‘Halo’ history, players can <mark>preselect their arsenal before entering the gaming landscape.</mark> They can also customize their armor.”
>
> - Pretty sure this only means create your Loadout before the match starts. NOT Pick out your armor on a Mt. Dew Website PRE LAUNCH.

facehammer

Please tell me you’re trolling, sir. If not, re-read the last sentence of the quote you posted.

Is that… 38 games of double xp… per code?

Oh dear.

Im guessing this is only available in US?

They are talking about the loadouts. You can customize what you start with before jumping onto the battlefield.

They’re not letting you build a spartan and its armory before the game isn’t out. I understand where you may have been confused, but that is simply not realistic.

Game is out in 32 days. You can wait :wink: