Create-A-Leader; A Halo Wars 2 Idea

If a Halo Wars 2 is ever made, I hope they add a “Create-A-Leader” feature in the game. It would basically allow you to create your own leader. For example, say I want to make a UNSC spartan leader, so I make a Spartan and then choose his abilities, weapons and specialties from a wide selection of options. Also, they could give 20 save slots for leaders you create. This would be a very fun feature for players to play around with. They could give two options for the kind of leader you can make: Field Operations and Orbital Operations. Field Ops would allow you to use your leader as a fighter on the field, while Orbital Ops would allow you to use special leader powers instead of the recruitment of the leader on the field.

Ideas:

Faction: UNSC
Leader Type: Field Operations
Unit Type: Spartan
Weapon: Battle Rifle
Special Ability: Dome Shield (A larger version of the bubble shield)

Faction: Covenant
Leader Type: Field Operations
Unit Type: Elite
Weapon: Needle Rifle
Special Ability: Energy Sword Flurry Attack

Leader Type: Orbital Operations
Unit Type: AI
Special Unit: Mech
Leader Power: Precision Strike

What are your opinion? Write down ideas of your own if you want.

(Sorry if I made any mistakes, I’m very sleepy.)

Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
Leader power: EMP
Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:

> Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> Faction: UNSC
> Leader power: EMP
> Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve got some good ideas…

Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> > Faction: UNSC
> > Leader power: EMP
> > Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> > Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> > Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> You’ve got some good ideas…
>
> Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it would be incredibly OP, Cough Gremlins

Not to mention UNSC snipers, Covy can wave good bye to pretty much the only advantage they have in infantry skirmishes

At any rate, isn’t this idea pretty much taken from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2? I remember having a very OP’ed Elven archer custom hero on that game, At max rank it could decimate the entire enemy army in a matter of seconds.

> > > Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> > > Faction: UNSC
> > > Leader power: EMP
> > > Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> > > Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> > > Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > You’ve got some good ideas…
> >
> > Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> No, it would be incredibly OP, Cough Gremlins
>
> Not to mention UNSC snipers, Covy can wave good bye to pretty much the only advantage they have in infantry skirmishes
>
> At any rate, isn’t this idea pretty much taken from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2? I remember having a very OP’ed Elven archer custom hero on that game, At max rank it could decimate the entire enemy army in a matter of seconds.

I didn’t take this from anywhere, I just made it up. This is essentially a perfect version of anders and now you have supreme hook control without a barracks and they can kill hogs/gremlins and now your “gremlins” are in your leader power. Since your buildings build faster, your eco will roll everyone else’s, I admitted it was OP that’s why there is no super unit.

> > > Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> > > Faction: UNSC
> > > Leader power: EMP
> > > Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> > > Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> > > Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > You’ve got some good ideas…
> >
> > Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> No, it would be incredibly OP, Cough Gremlins
>
> Not to mention UNSC snipers, Covy can wave good bye to pretty much the only advantage they have in infantry skirmishes
>
> At any rate, isn’t this idea pretty much taken from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2? I remember having a very OP’ed Elven archer custom hero on that game, At max rank it could decimate the entire enemy army in a matter of seconds.

Actually, yes. It would be nice if they gave us the option to make our own leaders, but limit their abilities so they aren’t overpowered. (LotR BFME is one of the best RTS’s out there! It inspired me to make this thread.)

I remember making a Captain of Gondor who destroyed an enemy fortress on his own. XD

Good times.

> > > > Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> > > > Faction: UNSC
> > > > Leader power: EMP
> > > > Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> > > > Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> > > > Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > You’ve got some good ideas…
> > >
> > > Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > No, it would be incredibly OP, Cough Gremlins
> >
> > Not to mention UNSC snipers, Covy can wave good bye to pretty much the only advantage they have in infantry skirmishes
> >
> > At any rate, isn’t this idea pretty much taken from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2? I remember having a very OP’ed Elven archer custom hero on that game, At max rank it could decimate the entire enemy army in a matter of seconds.
>
> I didn’t take this from anywhere, I just made it up. This is essentially a perfect version of anders and now you have supreme hook control without a barracks and they can kill hogs/gremlins and now your “gremlins” are in your leader power. Since your buildings build faster, your eco will roll everyone else’s, I admitted it was OP that’s why there is no super unit.

No i meant the Idea of making a custom leader in the first place. not your idea for the leader. Which as you said would be incredibly OP

> > > > Leader: Serena (the hologram from the campaign)
> > > > Faction: UNSC
> > > > Leader power: EMP
> > > > Special Unit: snipers (anti-infantry/light armor vehicles)
> > > > Special Ability: Reduced build time for buildings by 5 seconds.
> > > > Super Unit: None, this leader would already be OP :stuck_out_tongue:
> > >
> > > You’ve got some good ideas…
> > >
> > > Actually, a short ranged EMP wouldn’t be too bad… :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > No, it would be incredibly OP, Cough Gremlins
> >
> > Not to mention UNSC snipers, Covy can wave good bye to pretty much the only advantage they have in infantry skirmishes
> >
> > At any rate, isn’t this idea pretty much taken from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2? I remember having a very OP’ed Elven archer custom hero on that game, At max rank it could decimate the entire enemy army in a matter of seconds.
>
> Actually, yes. It would be nice if they gave us the option to make our own leaders, but limit their abilities so they aren’t overpowered. (LotR BFME is one of the best RTS’s out there! It inspired me to make this thread.)
>
> I remember making a Captain of Gondor who destroyed an enemy fortress on his own. XD
>
> Good times.

Figured as much :slight_smile:

I liked my Elf archer, Arrows that when max level could kill anything in a maximum of 3 hits, a tornado power which would wreck the entire enemy army. A self heal to keep it alive. I once played a guy online who had made a hacked custom hero with powers the class shouldn’t have and about 5 health bars, In a 1 on 1 fight between my legit hero and his hacked one. mine still won =D

At any rate, I’m going off topic.

My idea for custom leader would be. Keeping it balanced (I hope)

UNSC
Leader Power:
Unique unit: Mongoose - Build time 75% of that of a warthog 50% faster than warthog but 50% less health. cost 100 pop use 1, can collect supply crates 50% faster than a warthog. starts unarmed (or with a passenger armed with DMR/BR) upgrades 2, 1st gives the passenger a grenade launcher, 2nd replaces it with a rocket launcher. (maybe have it that if you put a spartan on the mongoose it gets the spartan’s weapon instead)

Eco bonus: 10% build time reduction on all units? (Trying to think of something new hope it’s not OP’ed)

Super Unit: Can’t really think of an existing halo unit that would fit this playstyle. Maybe a lightly armour version of the scorpion? as this would be based on getting large numbers of light units on the field

Leader-power: Call in Spartan Omega team? Kidding, going for something unique we’d have to have an artillery barrage or something along those lines

leader covenant ship master. leader power orbital bombardment(similar to mega turret)special unit phantom.economic bonus infantry train at half time.

Covenant leader - Drone Queen

Starts of as a light infantry commander who has about 30% more health than the prophet, but has no shields and consequently is the weakest t1 leader and not much use in a rush unless upgraded. She has dual plasma pistols and at first deals out about the same damage as 3 grunt squads, so she is a bit of a glass cannon against infantry and leaders, but not very useful against anything else. At first she has a special ‘y’ mode in which she flies in the air and gains anti-air weaknesses while retaining her weakness to jackals, however she becomes immune to all attacks other aircraft are immune to and she gains a anti-vehicle and building corrosive ball attack which does approximately the same damage as a RPG from a marine over a period of 5 seconds, this attack has a natural cooldown of around 5 seconds and the special mode is extremely expensive so would be poorly used in t1.

Primary upgrades:
Her t1 400 upgrade grants her additional damage against infantry as she now gains two needlers instead of plasma pistols. Her base damage increases from 3 grunt squads to 5 against infantry and she also now does 30% extra damage against aircraft. This upgrade also gives a invisible 15% damage and health boost.

Her t2 600 upgrade grants the typical 15% damage and health boost. It also causes her to spawn two t1 (no upgrades) drone squads for free every thirty seconds and gives her a minor health regeneration of around 0.25% every second (compare this to the prophets shield regeneration that occurs every 30 seconds), furthermore this effect doesn’t occur while in ‘flight mode’.

Her final t3 900 upgrade gives a 10% damage boost and a 10% health boost and also increases her health regeneration rate to 0.5%, primarily though this upgrade creates a small swarm of dronelings (baby drones :D) around the drone queen which protect her and nearby allies (think a circle of radius about two scorpions all around the queen) from ranged damage, reduces it by 25%, this effect is retained while the queen is in flight mode.

Special upgrades:
Her t1 300 special upgrade is merely a cost reduction and a flight speed increase: 25% cost reduction while in flight mode, 25% movement speed increase. She flew at 75% speed compared to hornets and the like before anyway, so she won’t be too quick.

Her t2 500 special upgrade causes a large damage boost and a further reduction in the price of her special.Her special now costs 50% less and her corrosive ball attack now deals damage equal to 3 marines RPG’s over 5 seconds.

Her final t3 700 special upgrade will increase the damage from the coroosive ball to the damage of 5 marines RPG’s over 5 seconds and will also give the queen a passive snare attack while in flight mode which will actually happen 20% of the time when she attacks vehicles. This attack will snare vehicles, damaging them slightly with a DoT attack, however it will also slow vehicles by 50% for 6 seconds and the attack itself is a horizontal line attack which can hit multiple vehicles at once.

This special in combination with hunters would be a good way to force vehicles off of the battlefield, but not too overpowered as the queen still dies very easily to AA and jackals, jackals being able to kill all the hunters and the queen. The combination of the queen with her final special upgrade, hunters and vampires would be interesting however it could be countered by a marine spam, or flamethrower spam which is extremely interesting as it could give use to the currently defunct infantry unit type.

Special unit: Drone swarm
The drone swarm is a t1 built from the base unique unit for the Drone Queen. It is a anti infantry light air unit. A drone swarm only has the same health as a marine squad (without new blood), but costs 100 just like a marine squad. Drone swarms have all the weaknesses that air units have but ARE NOT WEAK TO JACKALS as they can dodge their attacks with ease. One drone swarm does less damage to infantry than a pair of jackals, however it does more damage than a grunt squad.

T1 upgrade - Passive 15% damage+health boost. Decrease cost from 100 to 75.

t2 upgrade - passive 10% damage+health boost. Give the drones in the swarm plasma rifles rather than pistols, effectively increasing their damage against infantry by 25% and their damage to aircraft by 10%

t3 upgrade -Passive 10% damage+health boost. Add a drone leader to the squad. This guy has double the health of a normal drone and deals three times the damage with his needler cannon ( think plasma cannon but it’s a freaking needler!) against both infantry and aircraft than his ordinary counterparts do. Turns the drone swarms into a effective anti-aircraft counter.

So, due to warthogs and turrets I imagine this leader is going to be very ineffective against UNSC. So this covenant leader is mainly a covenant counter. A fully upgraded drone swarm with hunters and fully upgraded drone queen support is a force to be reckoned with and can only really be took down by a large amount of upgraded tanks and even then there will be high attrition. could this encourage wraith rushes by covenant, or force vampires even, if they were planning on going shees but realise you have way too many drone swarms?

Obviously this leader would never be implemented into the game, but tell me what you think nonetheless!

> Covenant leader - Drone Queen
>
> Starts of as a light infantry commander who has about 30% more health than the prophet, but has no shields and consequently is the weakest t1 leader and not much use in a rush unless upgraded. She has dual plasma pistols and at first deals out about the same damage as 3 grunt squads, so she is a bit of a glass cannon against infantry and leaders, but not very useful against anything else. At first she has a special ‘y’ mode in which she flies in the air and gains anti-air weaknesses while retaining her weakness to jackals, however she becomes immune to all attacks other aircraft are immune to and she gains a anti-vehicle and building corrosive ball attack which does approximately the same damage as a RPG from a marine over a period of 5 seconds, this attack has a natural cooldown of around 5 seconds and the special mode is extremely expensive so would be poorly used in t1.
>
> Primary upgrades:
> Her t1 400 upgrade grants her additional damage against infantry as she now gains two needlers instead of plasma pistols. Her base damage increases from 3 grunt squads to 5 against infantry and she also now does 30% extra damage against aircraft. This upgrade also gives a invisible 15% damage and health boost.
>
> Her t2 600 upgrade grants the typical 15% damage and health boost. It also causes her to spawn two t1 (no upgrades) drone squads for free every thirty seconds and gives her a minor health regeneration of around 0.25% every second (compare this to the prophets shield regeneration that occurs every 30 seconds), furthermore this effect doesn’t occur while in ‘flight mode’.
>
> Her final t3 900 upgrade gives a 10% damage boost and a 10% health boost and also increases her health regeneration rate to 0.5%, primarily though this upgrade creates a small swarm of dronelings (baby drones :D) around the drone queen which protect her and nearby allies (think a circle of radius about two scorpions all around the queen) from ranged damage, reduces it by 25%, this effect is retained while the queen is in flight mode.
>
> Special upgrades:
> Her t1 300 special upgrade is merely a cost reduction and a flight speed increase: 25% cost reduction while in flight mode, 25% movement speed increase. She flew at 75% speed compared to hornets and the like before anyway, so she won’t be too quick.
>
> Her t2 500 special upgrade causes a large damage boost and a further reduction in the price of her special.Her special now costs 50% less and her corrosive ball attack now deals damage equal to 3 marines RPG’s over 5 seconds.
>
> Her final t3 700 special upgrade will increase the damage from the coroosive ball to the damage of 5 marines RPG’s over 5 seconds and will also give the queen a passive snare attack while in flight mode which will actually happen 20% of the time when she attacks vehicles. This attack will snare vehicles, damaging them slightly with a DoT attack, however it will also slow vehicles by 50% for 6 seconds and the attack itself is a horizontal line attack which can hit multiple vehicles at once.
>
>
> This special in combination with hunters would be a good way to force vehicles off of the battlefield, but not too overpowered as the queen still dies very easily to AA and jackals, jackals being able to kill all the hunters and the queen. The combination of the queen with her final special upgrade, hunters and vampires would be interesting however it could be countered by a marine spam, or flamethrower spam which is extremely interesting as it could give use to the currently defunct infantry unit type.
>
> Special unit: Drone swarm
> The drone swarm is a t1 built from the base unique unit for the Drone Queen. It is a anti infantry light air unit. A drone swarm only has the same health as a marine squad (without new blood), but costs 100 just like a marine squad. Drone swarms have all the weaknesses that air units have but ARE NOT WEAK TO JACKALS as they can dodge their attacks with ease. One drone swarm does less damage to infantry than a pair of jackals, however it does more damage than a grunt squad.
>
> T1 upgrade - Passive 15% damage+health boost. Decrease cost from 100 to 75.
>
> t2 upgrade - passive 10% damage+health boost. Give the drones in the swarm plasma rifles rather than pistols, effectively increasing their damage against infantry by 25% and their damage to aircraft by 10%
>
> t3 upgrade -Passive 10% damage+health boost. Add a drone leader to the squad. This guy has double the health of a normal drone and deals three times the damage with his needler cannon ( think plasma cannon but it’s a freaking needler!) against both infantry and aircraft than his ordinary counterparts do. Turns the drone swarms into a effective anti-aircraft counter.
>
>
> So, due to warthogs and turrets I imagine this leader is going to be very ineffective against UNSC. So this covenant leader is mainly a covenant counter. A fully upgraded drone swarm with hunters and fully upgraded drone queen support is a force to be reckoned with and can only really be took down by a large amount of upgraded tanks and even then there will be high attrition. could this encourage wraith rushes by covenant, or force vampires even, if they were planning on going shees but realise you have way too many drone swarms?
>
> Obviously this leader would never be implemented into the game, but tell me what you think nonetheless!

That is a very good premise for a leader, sounds like it would be fun to play. And could alter the meta as it would be a near perfect counter for the Arby or the Brute and still be able to manage any of the standard covy builds without breaking a sweat.