Crawlers and Watcher.... Dogs and Birds?

Story Spoiler. If you don’t want anything else spoiled if you haven’t played Halo 4 yet please avoid the rest of this conversation in this thread.

If the Promethean Knights are Ancient Humans and Forerunners what does that make the Crawlers and Watchers? Are the Crawlers and Watchers ancient dogs/cats and birds? Is it stated anywhere as to what they are? Are they also ancient humans and Forerunners? I’m just a little confused as to their origin as they are similarly structured to the Knights. Their build would suggest they were something that become composed.

The promethean watchers aren’t so much birds, more like bats, and the crawlers I’m not sure what they are so you’re probably right saying they’re dogs.

Whenever I am in campaign with the crawlers we always label them as a dogs. Makes it simpler than trying to at crawler lol

They’re just regular defense constructs, like Sentinels. As far as I know, the Didact isn’t a murderer of puppies.

> Whenever I am in campaign with the crawlers we always label them as a dogs. Makes it simpler than trying to at crawler lol

Me and my brother call them dogs too. I’m just curious as to what these creatures were actually made up of.

Could you imagine if the composer accepted all living creatures and things like Giraffes and Elephants became composed. It would only make sense that if the Watchers and Crawlers are essentially composed dogs and birds then we could have composed whales, sharks, giraffes, bears, etc…

It was stated in one of the podcasts prior to Halo 4’s release that Crawler’s were merely AIs, just like sentinels. And if they’re AI, then it’s safe to say that Watchers are merely a Sentinel variant, therefore just being AI as well.

Watchers ARE a form of sentinel even mentioned in the essential visual guide.

Crawlers are constructs as well.

I believe that Knights are composed beings, while Watchers and Crawlers are simple AIs.