Crashes at Main Menu - Series X

Hey everyone, I’ve been experiencing an issue since beta where Infinite does not run on my Series X. The game gets to the main menu and freezes once the ‘Infinite’ text starts animating. This also locks up my console and shuts it off.

I was hoping the Day 1 update would fix this but sadly it didn’t. I’ve had tickets open with support since beta but have received little to no communication. I’ve also factory reset the system with no luck.

Now I know what you’re thinking…“sounds like a faulty console”, but I’ve had my X for 10 months now & I’ve had zero issues with anything else.

Im at a loss as to what I should do next…any ideas?

Could a fault with my system cause just one game to not run? Or is this more likely a bug with the game itself?

Thanks in advance!

Do you close the game before shutting off your Xbox? That stupid “quick resume” feature causes problems for me if it tries to boot up that way.

Do you have it installed on an external hard drive or on internal storage? Apparently that can cause issues too.

Hmm, you might be onto something. I can’t close the game once it freezes so I’m forced to shut off my Xbox, so maybe quick resume is the culprit? Is there a way to disable that? Also I’ve got it stored on the internal storage.

You can’t disable quick resume, but one you go to the Xbox home, push the Xbox button, scroll to quick resume games, and select close on Halo.

Hopefully there is an Xbox update in the future to disable quick resume all together.