CR tweaks= Proper Brute Shot successor?

It seems that the concussion rifle has been a bit tweaked. From what I remember (Don’t quote me on this) they said that it would shoot more directly, Which makes it a bit better I suppose. Now if only the bullet’s ricochet was much more imposed…

I think it shoots faster aswell, from what I heard anyway.

Hopefully it does more damage instead of just pushing players around.

I like the mechanics more, but I still miss that bad–Yoink- Brute gunblade look.

Personally I hope that it pushes players back less and still does the same damage as Reach. Concussion rifles were really annoying in Reach when you were driving a vehicle, seeing as they can now be equipped to a loadout it would make driving vehicles impossible in Halo4 if they kept the same ‘push back’ strength.

The Brute Shot will be missed!! Especially when the shots bounced in H2.
I think the CR will be a great successor too. Seems to have gotten beefier as opposed to nerfing the Blast Radius. Its gonna make for some sick Trick Jumping.

> Personally I hope that it pushes players back less and still does the same damage as Reach. Concussion rifles were really annoying in Reach when you were driving a vehicle, seeing as they can now be equipped to a loadout it would make driving vehicles impossible in Halo4 if they kept the same ‘push back’ strength.

I actually pretty certain that no power weapons can be equipped in loadout, those have to be picked up on the map.

What I’m really hoping for is if they’re going to implement ordnance drop, make the drop at pre-determined intervals, and instead of making the drops random, make them cyclic. Like points A, B, and C spawn weapons A, B, and C the first drop, and for the next spawn points A B and C spawn weapons C, A, and B.

But I think that it should stay somewhat similar to Reach. I was never very good with it, so it must have taken some skill to use correctly.

> Personally I hope that it pushes players back less and still does the same damage as Reach. Concussion rifles were really annoying in Reach when you were driving a vehicle, seeing as they can now be equipped to a loadout it would make driving vehicles impossible in Halo4 if they kept the same ‘push back’ strength.

I don’t know that the strength of the concussion rifle is the problem so much as the vehicle health, which would cause your health to drop quicker. That would lead to more panicky driving because all you can think about is “HOLY -Yoink- I’M GONNA DIE!!!”. I do believe however, that the bulletin stated that the vehicles are beefier. Which is great news all around. To get back to the point, I think the vehicles in halo 3 actually lost control a lot easier and were pretty much blown away by the brute shot. Once again, you wouldn’t give it as much thought because it was easy enough to just shake it off and keep driving.

it’s now 4 shots per clib not 6 like Reach

> Hopefully it does more damage instead of just pushing players around.

It kills in 3 shots in Halo: Reach, I think that’s pretty enough damage…

> > Hopefully it does more damage instead of just pushing players around.
>
> It kills in 3 shots in Halo: Reach, I think that’s pretty enough damage…

That’s assuming you are killing them in a corner where they can’t get thrown 10 ft. by the explosions though…

OT: I really did not like the Concussion Rifle in Reach. I guess I will just have to mourn the badass grenade launcher with blade attachment.

Who told you it was a loadout weapon. As far as I can tell grenades are the only loadout explosive, concussion rifle loadouts would be dumb as -Yoink- for general multiplayer

> it’s now 4 shots per clib not 6 like Reach

Nope. Still 6 shots. Look at the clip of where he’s bombarding that Ghost.

I have no idea where you got the impression that Concussion Rifle was a loadout weapon from.

It’s an ordnance weapon, so don’t worry about your Warthog going off the side of the cliff as often. Actually, yeah, worry, because I’ll be picking it up very often.

I think people are more excited about it having more of an impact on physics. So people can do ‘mongoose’ shenanigans like they did in Halo 3.

This pretty much sums up why I love the Concussion Rifle. link

I don’t know about successor but I like that it seems to be carving out its own niche. I hope that if the Brute shot ever returns it comes back Halo 2 style with 4 bouncy shots.

Even in Reach I felt it did a better job than the Halo 3 Brute shot ever did.
Concussion: 6 rounds, 3 hit kill, low splash, high force, no bounce.
Brute: 4 rounds, 2 hit kill, medium splash, medium force, bouncy
GL/Sticky: 1 round, 1 hit kills, high splash, low force, bouncy-no bounce