cR Should Return in Halo 4, Here's How It Would Work.

cR is a great addition to Halo’s cosmetic field, other than that it just doesn’t fit.

No, cR should not count for Rank. It should only apply to the point of the game that it influences the most:
Armor/Cosmetic Appearances.

Rank would be dependent upon EXP, and Skill Level.

EXP would work Like this:
-Win a game = 1 EXP
-Lose a Game = 0 EXP
-Be MVP of a Game = 1 EXP

So you only gain experience by Being Good, and Winning.

cR would run differently:
-Win a game = 1,000 cR Bonus
-Complete a game = 400 to 1,500 (Depending on Game’s Length)
-Get a Kill = 7 cR
-Get a Medal = 2 cR
-Multi Kill = 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 17, 20 cR

Commendations would be brought back with EXP and cR bonuses.
-8,000 Headshots (Onyx Commendation) = 5,000 cR + 5 EXP
-3,000 Spatters/ Vehicle Kills (Gold Commendation) = 3,000 cR + 3 EXP
-1,000 Automatic Weapon Kills (Silver Commendation) =1,500 cR + 1 EXP
-500 Small Arms Weapon Kills (Bronze Commendation) = 800 cR
-100 Assists (Iron Commendation) = 500 cR

Armor would not only be “Purchased” With cR but some would have Pre-Determined Requirements IE:
-Gold 1 Commendation + 20,000 cR = Scout Helmet
-Onyx Headshot Commendation + 100,000 cR = Recon Helmet
-Get “x” Achievement = Scout Body
-Do “x” in campaign = Unlocked Military Police helmet

Rank would be dependent on a different EXP and Skill System Similar to H3 and H2.
-Get a Skill of 20 in a playlist to get to “x” rank
and so on.

TL;DR: Rank would be dependent on EXP, Armor and Cosmetic appearances would be based upon cR and other pre-requisites.

> Rank would be dependent upon EXP, and Skill Level.

What is wrong with what we have now? A rank for those that want a skill based rank and a rank for those that would never be able to reach the zenith of said skill rank?

It seems fine, but IMO cR’s are just trivial. I don’t want to buy my armor. I want to earn it through some type of achievement.

> > Rank would be dependent upon EXP, and Skill Level.
>
> What is wrong with what we have now? A rank for those that want a skill based rank and a rank for those that would never be able to reach the zenith of said skill rank?

Ah, Halo has always had it’s differences from other FPS’s and the one most know to players is a “Skill” Based rank.
The current rank system is based on Game’s Played rather than how good you are.

I’m a Colonel in Halo 3 and I fell that the rank is suited for me, other’s are better than me and other’s are not.
In Reach i feel like this when a pre game lobby is selected. “Check Service Record, Now Matchmaking, Now K/D” rather than H3, and H2 when i could go
Holy Yoink! we’re screwed because of those Generals and Brigadiers!

> It seems fine, but IMO cR’s are just trivial. I don’t want to buy my armor. I want to earn it through some type of achievement.

There could be achievement armor and cR armor.

Perfect.

> > It seems fine, but IMO cR’s are just trivial. I don’t want to buy my armor. I want to earn it through some type of achievement.
>
> There could be achievement armor and cR armor.

Exactly! Some Helmets/ and other Misc. armor would only require a Prerequisite like an achievement or Commendation Rank.

> cR is a great addition to Halo’s cosmetic field, other than that it just doesn’t fit.
>
> No, cR should not count for Rank. It should only apply to the point of the game that it influences the most:
> Armor/Cosmetic Appearances.
>
> Rank would be dependent upon EXP, and Skill Level.
>
> EXP would work Like this:
> -Win a game = 1 EXP
> -Lose a Game = 0 EXP
> -Be MVP of a Game = 1 EXP
>
> So you only gain experience by Being Good, and Winning.
>
> cR would run differently:
> -Win a game = 1,000 cR Bonus
> -Complete a game = 400 to 1,500 (Depending on Game’s Length)
> -Get a Kill = 7 cR
> -Get a Medal = 2 cR
> -Multi Kill = 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15, 17, 20 cR
>
> Commendations would be brought back with EXP and cR bonuses.
> -8,000 Headshots (Onyx Commendation) = 5,000 cR + 5 EXP
> -3,000 Spatters/ Vehicle Kills (Gold Commendation) = 3,000 cR + 3 EXP
> -1,000 Automatic Weapon Kills (Silver Commendation) =1,500 cR + 1 EXP
> -500 Small Arms Weapon Kills (Bronze Commendation) = 800 cR
> -100 Assists (Iron Commendation) = 500 cR
>
> Armor would not only be “Purchased” With cR but some would have Pre-Determined Requirements IE:
> -Gold 1 Commendation + 20,000 cR = Scout Helmet
> -Onyx Headshot Commendation + 100,000 cR = Recon Helmet
> -Get “x” Achievement = Scout Body
> -Do “x” in campaign = Unlocked Military Police helmet
>
> Rank would be dependent on a different EXP and Skill System Similar to H3 and H2.
> -Get a Skill of 20 in a playlist to get to “x” rank
> and so on.
>
>
> TL;DR: Rank would be dependent on EXP, Armor and Cosmetic appearances would be based upon cR and other pre-requisites.

yes this is an amazing idea, maybe the daily/weekly challenges could have xp/credit based rewards depending on their difficulty also

> Ah, Halo has always had it’s differences from other FPS’s and the one most know to players is a “Skill” Based rank.

Halo CE.

> The current rank system is based on Game’s Played rather than how good you are.
>
> I’m a Colonel in Halo 3 and I fell that the rank is suited for me, other’s are better than me and other’s are not.
> In Reach i feel like this when a pre game lobby is selected. “Check Service Record, Now Matchmaking, Now K/D” rather than H3, and H2 when i could go
> Holy Yoink! we’re screwed because of those Generals and Brigadiers!

So why not suggest that your Arena rank be displayed in all playlists?

> yes this is an amazing idea, maybe the daily/weekly challenges could have xp/credit based rewards depending on their difficulty also

Please don’t quote the OP, it takes up too much space, yeah like
-Get 100 kills in Multiplayer Matchmaking Today = 1,500 cR +1 EXP

> So why not suggest that your Arena rank be displayed in all playlists?

'Cause i’m not talking about Reach.

> > So why not suggest that your Arena rank be displayed in all playlists?
>
> 'Cause i’m not talking about Reach.

M’kay.

So why not have whatever version of Ranked/Arena that H4 will have in all playlists.

> > > So why not suggest that your Arena rank be displayed in all playlists?
> >
> > 'Cause i’m not talking about Reach.
>
> M’kay.
>
> So why not have whatever version of Ranked/Arena that H4 will have in all playlists.

Because a decent amount of players have been un happy with reach’s arena system.

> Because a decent amount of players have been un happy with reach’s arena system.

That’s not what I asked.

Instead of reverting back to H3’s formula, why not have a time investment rank and a skill rank and display the skill based rank in all playlists alongside the time investment rank.

> > Because a decent amount of players have been un happy with reach’s arena system.
>
> That’s not what I asked.
>
> Instead of reverting back to H3’s formula, why not have a time investment rank and a skill rank and display the skill based rank in all playlists alongside the time investment rank.

Why have 2 ranks? sound kinda redundant.

> Why have 2 ranks? sound kinda redundant.

Because people treat ranks like it’s a progression system instead of letting the system rank you accurately they had to progress to 50, even if their skill didn’t reflect it.

This gives them an outlet for that.

Have a Halo 2 system in place. And, I mean, by Halo 2 system I mean the old Halo 2 system, when the game first came out. When a 22 was a great rank.

You can have credits, nothing wrong with that but, for people like me, who don’t care about them it’s worthless.

no commendations please, they bring an unholy amount of boosting.

I’m for them if they don’t reward anything but armor though.

> > Why have 2 ranks? sound kinda redundant.
>
> Because people treat ranks like it’s a progression system instead of letting the system rank you accurately they had to progress to 50, even if their skill didn’t reflect it.
>
> This gives them an outlet for that.

If they want that style of ranking system they can play every other shooter on the market, Halo is meant to be different.

I don’t care about ranks. You can have whatever you want as long as I play for fun. Novel and dieing concept. I know.