Cr or EXP

In Halo 4 do u want Cr or EXP?

I just want to play the game. But I’m pretty sure the vocal part of the community would want exp.

Either way, someone’s going to complain.

cR - I like to feel accomplished for what I have done. A number/rank next to me is great. But being able to see why I got that number or rank is the most satisfying part.

I prefer exp because gaining credits as of now is just a question of how often you play and not necessarily factoring in how often you win or lose. In the past exp made the player invest longer in the game because you gained exp slower.

No reason why we can’t have both.

EXP to level up (and Up only).
cR to purchase items.

I think exp was slightly more effective at discouraging quitters.

I would actually prefer a system that uses a mix of both. I like how Halo 3 ended up with individual playlist progression with exp.

> No reason why we can’t have both.
>
> EXP to level up (and Up only).
> cR to purchase items.

This.

What I think Halo 4 should be ranking system-wise.

Ranked : 1-50, with percentile at each number rank. (ex: sitting on your 50 after getting it would make you a level 50 (90%).

Playlist Exp : Win based playlist progression system. Visible rank available in each playlist, including ranked.

cR : Time based ranking system + used for armory

There. Everyone is happy.

cR - Except change it so you get no extra credits if you get no kills or sprees or anything. You get the credits for what you have acomplished.

it’s not really about which one’s better, so much as how it is used. I prefer a ranking system that is based more on skill than on playtime and armour purchasing, but I would say that the best could be a combination of the two. I’d like a ranking system where even if you suck, you can get all the way to the end, but if you’re good and get gradually better, you get rewarded for it, or some way where both the guy who just wants to play and the guy who plays to win can feel rewarded/accomplished.

I really dislike the credit system in reach for numerous reasons so i’m gonna go with exp.

> In Halo 4 do u want Cr or EXP?

Both you get ranked every game, but you get credits for every game you play to not rank up, but get armor.

There have been systems discussed the include both that actually make a lot of sense.

Yep have to agree with the few people here that EXP and Credits both need a return

Also this would be the best way to go if 343 added in a Custom Game Browser

Matchmaking earns EXP

CGB earns Credits

Credits= Purchase of armor in the armory

EXP= Rank and Skill

Maybe you could also make credits part of skill but it would take double the time to rank up with credits then it would to rank with EXP.

> Yep have to agree with the few people here that EXP and Credits both need a return
>
> Also this would be the best way to go if 343 added in a Custom Game Browser
>
> Matchmaking earns EXP
>
> CGB earns Credits
>
> Credits= Purchase of armor in the armory
>
> EXP= Rank and Skill
>
> Maybe you could also make credits part of skill but it would take double the time to rank up with credits then it would to rank with EXP.

I preferred unlocking new armor through playing campaign and also achievements rather than using credits, so I’d much rather just have exp return.

Personally, I like the exp system better, it makes you actually have to earn your rank. You dont get your rank simply by playing alot. I like the thought of implementing them both but 343i would need to find someway to have it make everyone happy, which may not be an easy task. Some of the suggestions in here were pretty good but if anything there needs to be Exp again.

> No reason why we can’t have both.
>
> EXP to level up (and Up only).
> cR to purchase items.

> > Yep have to agree with the few people here that EXP and Credits both need a return
> >
> > Also this would be the best way to go if 343 added in a Custom Game Browser
> >
> > Matchmaking earns EXP
> >
> > CGB earns Credits
> >
> > Credits= Purchase of armor in the armory
> >
> > EXP= Rank and Skill
> >
> > Maybe you could also make credits part of skill but it would take double the time to rank up with credits then it would to rank with EXP.
>
> I preferred unlocking new armor through playing campaign and also achievements rather than using credits, so I’d much rather just have exp return.

In all honesty I am more of a fan for EXP and I liked the way Halo 3 was setup sooo I saw another theory by AnEasyTarget which I liked so I will post here:

What if there was a long list of challenges like in Reach but they where tough and each challenge unlocks new piece of armor.

Sooo like two examples would be get 100 kills in matchmaking to unlock like Mark V helment

Then 1000 kills to get the add on for the helmet…

Another one would be like:

Play 100 hours of Halo 4 to unlock a piece of armor then
Play another 20 hours to unlock the next piece of that armor etc.

Beat the game on Legendary to unlock an armor piece
Beat the game on Legendary alone

and so on.

I like that idea ^^^

Finally I have a 1-50 theory that promotes the EXP system:

Alright so everyone enjoyed the 1-50 system in past Halo or the majority of people liked how it was setup compared to the arena system in Reach.

What if we bring back the rank system and the arena system and put them together.

So you have a number rank like in past Halo games that allows for you to rank up easier etc. and had a rating like in Reach that pairs you with your true skill.

So a level 4 could be up against a bunch of level 40 because his rating is as high as the 40s.

Also to take away the randomness of 1-50 rank systems we could incorparate and exp system within the ranking system.

For example:
You are level 21 and you are trying to reach level 22.
It will take 10 exp to go up:

+1=win
+2=win and MVP
-1=loss
Extra point= +7K/D
This way this takes away the randomness of ranking and you can view your progress in your service record to tell if you need to win the next game or you’ll demote or win to rank up!